3.50 star(s) 125 Votes
U

User_32285

Question - What exactly is the difference between the 'real' and the 'adopted' version?

It seems like the only difference content-wise, is the use of descriptions in the story. Something that could easily be handled with just a simple question/variable at the beginning of the game. I guess what I'm really asking is - why is there a completely separate release for something so trivial?

I'm sure there's a legitimate reason for it, but as a developer I can't see a reason why it was made that way.

I don't really get that either. Saying it's an adopted daughter vs real daughter wouldn't spare you from the wrath of Patreon. Doesn't seem like it would be a big issue anyways if MrDots can get away with it in DMD. The only thing you would presumably need is careful wording of the game.
I just glanced at it, but I think the only difference is indeed a variable (the comment in the script even said something about patreon's crackdown on incest iirc)

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
Chapter 1, I download from official site. Fullscreen kill my fps (60->10) and stuttering/lagging like hell. And I don't like to play in window mode. Tell me if there's a fix on this, I can't enjoy non-fullscreen game.

W7 Ultimate, AMD R7, i7, 16bg Ram.
No idea. Update your GPU drivers.

johanes

May 14, 2017
would be great if there is a guide T^T i suck at replaying games ive already played.. unless its like an epic RPG >.>

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
No idea. Update your GPU drivers.
Did updated my driver. From laggy to less laggy, but still unacceptable. As if slo-mo to everything.
Maximized Window Mode don't have problem. So there's incompatibility on Fullscreen mode.

Also from (window mode to) fullscreen and back to window mode, the screen stuck at black screen and the game screen stay at center. I have to alt tab, close the game and relaunch to go back for normal window mode.
bug_report.jpg

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Not really. But have it decodable also mean some people will start to read directly into the script to solve puzzles without actually playing the game and these guys can also spoil things.
And why should this be a problem for the dev or anyone at all? People are using walkthroughs all the time because most people just don't have time nor patience to try every possible combination of choices in the game. How can reading of the game script hurt anyone?
Your resentment is puzzling, the reason behind hiding the code in the first place, too. I just don't understand this kind of developers who are trying to hide everything.

Some games are actually impossible to play without any guide or access to the code, it would take years to try all possible combinations of some sandbox games. Most players will just drop the game and move on in that case. Too much trouble, too little time.
I read the code every time I get stuck, when it's possible. Every time when I find a bug, too. I loved that the early versions of Palmer's games had readable plain text script, just like Renpy games.

Please, be reasonable :confused:
If you are the guy who writes code for Palmer games, then please, reconsider your position on this. You are wasting your time on something that isn't worth it, trying to hide something that will get out eventually, anyway. It's as pointless, useless and annoying as DRM. Don't waste your time on this. Everyone, including you, will be much happier. :)

And thanks for your work, of course. My respect to you and Palmer and the whole team behind these games.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
Did updated my driver. From laggy to less laggy, but still unacceptable. As if slo-mo to everything.
Maximized Window Mode don't have problem. So there's incompatibility on Fullscreen mode.

Also from (window mode to) fullscreen and back to window mode, the screen stuck at black screen and the game screen stay at center. I have to alt tab, close the game and relaunch to go back for normal window mode.
View attachment 47888
"Also from (window mode to) fullscreen and back to window mode, the screen stuck at black screen and the game screen stay at center." - This is intended. There are two full-screen modes, and one of these do exactly what you described (you can switch between them using F10).

About the slo-mo you're experiencing in full-screen mode, I'm afraid I have no clue what's causing it. That doesn't happen in any of our development machines (nor even in a old 2012 Mac mini with 4GB of RAM and no GPU). I can investigate this further, though. Please, send me an e-mail to ricky@love-joint.com with a complete list of your hardware and GPU drivers version.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
And why should this be a problem for the dev or anyone at all? People are using walkthroughs all the time because most people just don't have time nor patience to try every possible combination of choices in the game. How can reading of the game script hurt anyone?
Your resentment is puzzling, the reason behind hiding the code in the first place, too. I just don't understand this kind of developers who are trying to hide everything.

Some games are actually impossible to play without any guide or access to the code, it would take years to try all possible combinations of some sandbox games. Most players will just drop the game and move on in that case. Too much trouble, too little time.
I read the code every time I get stuck, when it's possible. Every time when I find a bug, too. I loved that the early versions of Palmer's games had readable plain text script, just like Renpy games.

Please, be reasonable :confused:
If you are the guy who writes code for Palmer games, then please, reconsider your position on this. You are wasting your time on something that isn't worth it, trying to hide something that will get out eventually, anyway. It's as pointless, useless and annoying as DRM. Don't waste your time on this. Everyone, including you, will be much happier. :)

And thanks for your work, of course. My respect to you and Palmer and the whole team behind these games.
I'm sure at some point someone will make a walkthrough... But this vn/game isn't a stat grind, and there is no Dead Ends to choices you make... The main story progresses regardless... Choices you make just show you small side stories, and a walkthrough would only really reveal what each side event entails, which in essence would just ruin the experience... I do like walkthroughs for some vn/games, but usually only when you have to worry about stats, hidden or not hidden, or when without one you end up hitting dead ends or miss tons of content, requiring replays... The only thing a walkthrough for this one would do is be more of a spoiler list, not a real walkthrough...

Reactions: Ricky | Love-Joint

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
thanks i will check it out, can i ask how you encrypted the txt files afterwards?
i managed to decrypt them but it would be nice if i could encrypt them afterwards.
If you're talking about the scenes folder, just reverse the process, they're base64 encoded 3 times. For example, to decode, something like this (js/node):
Code:
data.split("\n").forEach(function(str) {
  console.log(atob(atob(atob(str))));
});
To encode:
Code:
  console.log(btoa(btoa(btoa(str))));
});
If you mean the actual game assets themselves, the engine is GameMaker Studio, I know there are tools to unpack GMS games but that's not something I'm very familiar with.

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
If you're talking about the scenes folder, just reverse the process, they're base64 encoded 3 times. For example, to decode, something like this (js/node):
Code:
  console.log(atob(atob(atob(str))));
});
To encode:
Code:
  console.log(btoa(btoa(btoa(str))));
});
If you mean the actual game assets themselves, the engine is GameMaker Studio, I know there are tools to unpack GMS games but that's not something I'm very familiar with.
yes i was referring to just the text but im not sure how i would do that with the python script

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Zhiqin32

Jul 15, 2017
Just played through the game and I have to say this is awfully good since I love how deep the story goes and it even goes back to Lanie and stuff. Good grammar and vocab with minimal errors otherwise it would have hurt my brain. xD Its not exactly a slow start as theres fap material although not the daughter and its not that frustrating to play because of that. :p

Reactions: Palmer
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes