• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
I have to admit that multiple chapters gets way too damn frustrating after 5 individual chapters... At 11 its beyond stupid. Are there any plans/rumors about making a single game?
What are you talking about? This is the BEST way, bar none, that I've seen for this development model. Incremental releases that don't require you to download the whole damn thing over and over again with each new update, no "we changed something so your saves won't work and you'll have to start over at the beginning" bullshit. The only other one found here, (that I've played, anyway,) that comes close to being as sensible a release model as this is "Glassix", with its update patches. A lot of devs could learn from the example of these two games.

Reactions: Jaun Karr and Blayo

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
Have you looked at the OP? Chapter 9 Free is right there and hs been for a while.
The cracked chapter 9 has mega not the free version, I have had no luck with cracked versions they all glitch out on me. And for some reason the only thing I can fully download is mega.

Just_In_Case

Jul 24, 2017
The cracked chapter 9 has mega not the free version, I have had no luck with cracked versions they all glitch out on me. And for some reason the only thing I can fully download is mega.
Try all in one link which contains all chapters from 1-10.

Just_In_Case

Jul 24, 2017
i try to use the backup files but when i try to play the chapter i get this message

"we've detected that you have not previously played chapter 8 of this game ... " this when i try to play chapter 9

my doubt is if im copying the file to the right place !!!

i copy the files to the main folder of each chapter, is this the right place?
which version are you playing?(Offline/Online)

Zaon

Dec 20, 2017
What are you talking about? This is the BEST way, bar none, that I've seen for this development model. Incremental releases that don't require you to download the whole damn thing over and over again with each new update, no "we changed something so your saves won't work and you'll have to start over at the beginning" bullshit. The only other one found here, (that I've played, anyway,) that comes close to being as sensible a release model as this is "Glassix", with its update patches. A lot of devs could learn from the example of these two games.
Plenty of games manage not to break previous saves in a single game file, and it could just as easily have been fucked up with this release model. The reason it isn't is that previous saves have largely no effect on the story, not that the chapters are individual programs.

And this means you cannot replay previous chapters without quitting and starting up the previous chapters, you can't change a previous decision and skip ahead to a further point without problems (again, not a problem for this game where choices don't matter, but that would be fatal for most other games).

Literally the only argument against single-executable games is a large download size, which is a very weak argument, as a) there are almost always compressed releases available and b) even assuming you have a shitty connection... so what. You waited a month for a new version, can't wait another hour or two to download it? And if you have a fast connection, it's just another few minutes...

And not to mention that setting up incremental downloads would also be possible for single-executable games, if people cared to do it. Most developers don't, and as a consumer, neither do I.

Tl;dr, this release model is very annoying. But there will be a single game in the end, apparently, so it's only annoying for those among us who can't wait that long. And for this game in particular, I can put up with it.

A bigger issue is that it's not Ren'Py. The game controls are just awful. But that's another story...

Kareo

Jan 5, 2018
Is CH.11 the final one or is there more to come?. I am wondering, because they plan to work on 2 more games.

Just_In_Case

Jul 24, 2017
Is CH.11 the final one or is there more to come?. I am wondering, because they plan to work on 2 more games.
No, ch 11 is not the final chapter there will be more chapters.As of other games I think they have made teams that will be working on different games simultaneously.

Xqwzts

Oct 8, 2017
Is this possible to download all episodes and be able to import saves? Becouse I had some issues in the past.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yes if you have played offline versions, if online then bit more complicated.

Just_In_Case

Jul 24, 2017
Is this possible to download all episodes and be able to import saves? Becouse I had some issues in the past.
I don't know how to import saves for offline version, but there is a guide for importing saves for online version in the OP.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Cleaned OP. We'll add a new banner soon and update tags.

Ignore file attached.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes