3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
ffs, these are TESTING builds x'D
Anyway, report any issue/bug in our . I don't have time to check stuff here.

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
I'm fed up having to deal with 2 different save types, so I made a program to convert between them.

The following is released by me under (CC BY-SA 2.5). Open source python scripts to convert DFD online saves to offline saves, and vice versa. I will not be offering any support, warranty, or guarantee that it will work. Requires python 2.7 to run.

To convert a save file created with the "downloaded" version of the game to one that can be played "online":
Code:
usage: python dfdtoonline.py offlineFolder onlineFile

arguments:
  offlineFolder  path to save folder (%localappdata%/VNE2/)
  onlineFile     path to output backup.dat file
I'm trying to use this code with PyScript but it keeps saying "the following arguments are required offlineFolder onlineFile"
I tried to add the arguments into the Command Line Parameters but it just says

Command Line : arguments:
offlineFolder %localappdata%/VNE2/
onlineFile C:/DFD
usage: dfdtoonline.py [-h] offlineFolder onlineFile
dfdtoonline.py: error: unrecognized arguments: %localappdata%/VNE2/ onlineFile C:/DFD
Exit code: 2

Do I need parenthesis or quotes around the folder paths or something? Total noob with 0 Python exp here. Didn't realize the later chapters are uploaded in online versions only.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Yes, if any of the folder or file names contain spaces, quotes are required. It's a good idea to use them in any case.

But in your case it seems that you failed to specify a file name for the online file that you're trying to create ("C:/DFD/onlinefile.dat" for example).
C:/DFD looks like a folder name to me.

Reactions: ShiShi!

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Yes, if any of the folder or file names contain spaces, quotes are required. It's a good idea to use them in any case.

But in your case it seems that you failed to specify a file name for the online file that you're trying to create ("C:/DFD/onlinefile.dat" for example).
C:/DFD looks like a folder name to me.
Hmm,
I added the quotes, added a filename.dat to the end of the onlineFile, it says unrecognized argument still

offlineFolder "C:\Users\lphuy\AppData\Local\VNE2"

onlineFile "C:/DFD/onlinefile.dat"
dfdtoonline.py: error: unrecognized arguments: C:\Users\lphuy\AppData\Local\VNE2 onlineFile C:/DFD/onlinefile.dat

So I tried to remove the onlinefile.dat name and now it says

offlineFolder "C:\Users\lphuy\AppData\Local\VNE2"
onlineFile "C:/DFD/"
dfdtoonline.py: error: unrecognized arguments: C:\Users\lphuy\AppData\Local\VNE2 onlineFile C:/DFD/

I colored the text accordingly to what Python gave, so the offlineFolder line seemed fine but it still says unrecognized arguments including both. Any ideas?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Did you install Python 2.7.x (2.7.15 is the up-to-date version) or did you install Python 3.6.x? The script requires 2.7.x.

It seems to be working fine on Python 2.7.15 with a command line like this for example:

python dfdtoonline.py "%localappdata%\VNE2" .\dfd8.dat

(saves dfd7.dat into the current folder where you are and dfdtoonline.py is located - you can specify another folder that actually exist and you have permission to write into)

You do have to specify a file name as a second argument, as I said before, there's no way to skip it or replace with a plain folder name.

Reactions: ShiShi!

Lynn

May 21, 2017
Nice game and all... but FUCK the separation of chapters and online and local and datas and so on is irritating.

Reactions: keemao25

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Did you install Python 2.7.x (2.7.15 is the up-to-date version) or did you install Python 3.6.x? The script requires 2.7.x.

It seems to be working fine on Python 2.7.15 with a command line like this for example:

(saves dfd7.dat into the current folder where you are and dfdtoonline.py is located - you can specify another folder that actually exist and you have permission to write into)

You do have to specify a file name as a second argument, as I said before, there's no way to skip it or replace with a plain folder name.
Ah that must be it. I just googled Python and installed it lol, looking back it's the 3.7 version. Thanks a ton.

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017

Now it's giving me a syntax error, running the exact same command line, from the python command line. :(

Nevermind. Found the issue. Was running it with python cmd line, supposed to run it with windows cmd. :D

Thanks again for your help.

NewMercutio

May 14, 2018
Anyone have an issue with the driving section in the Beta of the Free version?

Can't tell if it's the game or my comp

Edit: I can tell the controls are funky to make it difficult but half the times I attempt it either the car turns hard left right from the start and I have no control. Or the moment I move left it starts doing that. I supposed it could be my keyboard... but I have no issues typing with the cursor jumping or "a" being typed repeatedly so I doubt the keys are reading wrong.

5CH4CHT3L

Apr 21, 2018
Cheat codes: Click on the key on the main menu, then input the cheat
Chapter 7 Skip minigame: Ch7roadking

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes