3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I have a backup of ch6, can I play cracked ch7 and 8
Yes, you can. On a Windows system without any trouble.
On a Mac or a Linux PC you have to run a web server to host the game the same way miniweb does for the Windows version. The easiest would be to run a Python http server (there's a guide on this thread, search for it)

Flavions

May 12, 2018
Someone can help me? I'm having trouble starting the cracked chapters 7 and 8 on my android device. I wait almost 10 minutes and and screen stay black without happening nothing. I use chrome. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I've never cared much for the voice acting, but then I also turn off music in most games.

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
So my game locks up just after I find out the skinny creepy dude is now working for me. Dialog box disappears. Can't move past the screen looked back through the posts for a few days no info how to push past the problem, anyone know of a solution or a post number where the issue is resolved. Hate being stuck and would like to move on.

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
Windows is a weird OS, compared to all Unix-based OS-es - it uses backslashes instead of slashes. It has been and still is a major compatibility problem between OS-es and various universal software that can be run on Unix based systems and Windows. Often a security problem, too.
Since Python uses slashes and not backslashes, parceload used them there.
When using the same path in Windows Explorer or command line, you have to use backslashes, so that %localappdata%/VNE2 translates into %localappdata%\VNE2
%localappdata% is your appdata\local folder, usually C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
Windows can and does use the forward slash "/" it also can autocomplete using the Tab key. So if you are at the root of c(c:\) you could type "cd /u ", then hit Tab it will display cd /Users, hit enter and you will change you to the directory "C:\Users". Also in DOS the ":" is a device so C: is device C(which is defined as drive c) , LPT1: is your parallel printer port 1. You can also look at your environment by typing "set" hit enter, and it will show you your working environment, Almost everything there can be used as a variable, so if you wanted to append your path statement you type path=%path%/added directory. This also means that you can do a cd/ %localappdata%/VNE2 or you could do a pushd %localappdata%/VNE2 and hit enter and you will go there (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VNE2). I prefer to use pushd and popd since they work across drives where cd does not.

Catastrophic

Feb 19, 2018
Can anyone post a chapter 7 save? Apparently I only did the cracked ones, so mine won't work for this and I really don't want to go through all of them again to get here.

Bubblecum

Oct 11, 2017
I only played the .exe version can I still play this html version with my saves? it says my data file is incompatible.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Windows can and does use the forward slash "/" it also can autocomplete using the Tab key. So if you are at the root of c(c:\) you could type "cd /u ", then hit Tab it will display cd /Users, hit enter and you will change you to the directory "C:\Users". Also in DOS the ":" is a device so C: is device C(which is defined as drive c) , LPT1: is your parallel printer port 1. You can also look at your environment by typing "set" hit enter, and it will show you your working environment, Almost everything there can be used as a variable, so if you wanted to append your path statement you type path=%path%/added directory. This also means that you can do a cd/ %localappdata%/VNE2 or you could do a pushd %localappdata%/VNE2 and hit enter and you will go there (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VNE2). I prefer to use pushd and popd since they work across drives where cd does not.
Interesting that I've never even tried to use forward slash on Windows command line. For my surprise it actually does work. I guess, coming from DOS, it seems unnatural for command line. Forward slash is for switches, backslash for paths. It just feels natural to use backslash for paths on Windows command line and batch and forward slash in bash or some other Linux shell.
Getting environment variables from the SET command is one of the basics of command line, something you don't have to tell me, but thanks anyway.
And, BTW, cd changes directory across drives very well as it has been doing from the DOS days, you just have to give it the /d switch. But you're right, pushd has its perks, compared to the classic cd.

Pervy Lad

Jun 10, 2017
For some reason the cracked version won't let me save or load, gives me a black screen every time I try, even though I was able to do so yesterday without a problem. Anyone know what that might be about?

EDIT: Fixed the problem by copying url from internet explorer to chrome, weird.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes