John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Well you do have a point, the game isn't called Banging My Daughter. lol
Sex will happen eventually, keep in mind that the entire scheduled of DMD was upended by Patreon.
This seems to be a trend in the US, let someone start a business then change the rules and regulate the shit out of them till the business fails.
Sucks, doesn't it?

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The game definitely does not appear to be ending after sex.
But the main question is : how much further can the D-only path go? There are plenty more corruption opportunities on the harem-path, especially with Elena leading the way.

This is a major problem for DMD. NO harem path is actually needed to complete the F/D story. But for the game to not turn into a repetitive sex-fest, thus allowing several extra updates, the harem-paths ARE needed.
We'll "soon" see how people who have played D-only, such as myself even having D reject Elena, will react to what may amount to a forced feeding of previosly rejected paths.
I have been wondering about this myself. I play two games, one D only and the other harem, fills the gap between updates.
bvs.jpg

It would seem at some point the two plots paths have to diverged in a yellow wood.
The D only path may not totally morph into a harem path, but it may have to include outside players. Practically speaking the D only path may have to end prior to the harem path or the dev team could be forced to construct two different updates to prevent the D only updates from becoming abbreviated daddy+daughter fuckfests. I guess every update darling D could try new toys? Or bondage? Would a pony count as deviating from the D only path?
Loving daddy could get daring D a pony ride, or get the pony a dirty D ride.

Reactions: JJsworld
K

Kharnadon

Completed both chapters I enjoyed the game thanks :extremelyhappy:

M!

Jan 5, 2018
I returned to the first chapter and tried to get missing rewards, but "Dating My Daughter" keeps evading me.

I followed the walkthru and did all
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but no reward at the end of day 13. I guess people have done the reward so any ideas what i did wrong?

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
I have been wondering about this myself. I play two games, one D only and the other harem, fills the gap between updates.
View attachment 121821

It would seem at some point the two plots paths have to diverged in a yellow wood.
The D only path may not totally morph into a harem path, but it may have to include outside players. Practically speaking the D only path may have to end prior to the harem path or the dev team could be forced to construct two different updates to prevent the D only updates from becoming abbreviated daddy+daughter fuckfests. I guess every update darling D could try new toys? Or bondage? Would a pony count as deviating from the D only path?
Loving daddy could get daring D a pony ride, or get the pony a dirty D ride.
I could see the D-only path expanding to include threesomes, etc and still technically be "D only". Expanding her horizons doesn't necessarily mean F has to have a harem.

Reactions: RustyV

enotekk

May 19, 2018
The game definitely does not appear to be ending after sex.
But the main question is : how much further can the D-only path go? There are plenty more corruption opportunities on the harem-path, especially with Elena leading the way.

This is a major problem for DMD. NO harem path is actually needed to complete the F/D story. But for the game to not turn into a repetitive sex-fest, thus allowing several extra updates, the harem-paths ARE needed.
We'll "soon" see how people who have played D-only, such as myself even having D reject Elena, will react to what may amount to a forced feeding of previosly rejected paths.
I disagree with the idea that once sex happens it'll become repetitive. There's the naive sex I think we can expect at the start, and then further corruption as we go. How far will F corrupt D? Will it always be a relationship built on D's naivete? I could easily see it moving past that - consider that at some point this won't be an innocent F/D relationship. How far will F take things? How will D cope?

There's tons of character development left on the table. We've primarily seen D go from "extremely naive, shy, pure" to "mostly still naive, less shy around F, curious but mostly still convincing herself that sex is a special massage...". D has a lot further to go and I don't think sex will change that.

We know from the code that BDSM and "sharing" (I would consider sharing to possibly still fit within a D only path - her scenes with other characters, for instance) are still unexplored but likely planned. We know from Patreon that bestiality and other fetishes are still unplanned. Can you see D going from sex with F to bondage/ fucking a dog without a lot of development and corruption between those? I can not. So I think there's plenty left once they have sex the one time.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
Every time I try saving...
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 282, in __call__
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 361, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\python.py", line 1812, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\core.py", line 3417, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\layout.py", line 986, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\layout.py", line 986, in event
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\screen.py", line 667, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 832, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 299, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 306, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 282, in __call__
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 361, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\loadsave.py", line 402, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "E:\Stuff\Other Stuff\Adult Games\Dating my Daughter - Chp.2 - Mrdots Games\renpy\loadsave.py", line 46, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
DMD Chapter 2 0.18
Sun Jul 08 21:41:48 2018

K

Kharnadon

To be fare I only found this game a week ago so I did not know of any delays and such but I agree if turns into a sex-fest it might put me of to :relievedface:

Reactions: virtuvoid
Mar 7, 2018
I'm liking the slow burn in this game it's nice to play a game with a good story some branching paths and doesn't go OTT with sex scenes.
I agree, I think this game has a really good pacing and that is very rare in adult games, at least the ones I played. Makes you feel a lot more immersed in the story this way :D but I know not everyone gets immersed in these games, but I do :winkytongue:

JordanG

Jun 26, 2018
I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but I've waded through over 100 pages of comments and not found the solution yet.

When I try to launch DMD.CH2.exe nothing happens.

If I play around with the compatibility in the Properties tab and check Run in 640x480 resolution I can get a few seconds of black screen before everything closes down.

I've tried loading different save points and getting the end Ch1 screen from multiple angles. I've tried all the combinations in Compatibility tab and DPI settings and running old versions of Windows. I've tried copying the save folder into my folder location and in the AppData folder. I tried loading the save points in the forum to get the end screen. I disabled my dual monitor display with no effect. I'm pretty much out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
LOL!
DMD was slow-burn from 0.02-0.16 (0.01 was not but was drastically revised as part of 0.02).
DMD 0.17 was meant to be updated on Patreon January 27. Instead, it was banned the day before. When it was released off-Patreon, February 14, the dev said a scene was added originally meant for 0.18. The bj scene, by all reckoning. So, 0.17 is a hybrid : more on-Patreon than not ; not quite slow-burn anymore because of the bj scene (the first time 2 new sex acts had been shown in one update).
DMD 0.18 sped up the quantity of "new" sex scenes even more.

So, DMD was slow-burn while on Patreon. Now, on a 3-month cycle and players hungry for "action", such is no longer the case.
An easy prediction is that DMD WILL turn into a sex-fest. I don't want to see it happen and am seriously considering dropping the game at that point. But all indicators at present point in that direction.
Depends what your definition of sex-fest is. If you mean D will basically jump from one sexual encounter to another throughout the update with very little rationale as to why other than gratuitous sex scenes then yes I agree this would be off putting to many of us long time fans.
However if each update becomes about D exploring new sexual experiences (and partners) while D and F try to resolve what their relationship is going to be then its less of a mindless sex romp and more of D becoming who she is once her mother's domineering influence is removed.
Who knows maybe D is at heart slutty.
As far as the slow burn tempo of DMD I think someone (in the far future) who plays after the game is complete may not see the slow progress as we do who are constantly waiting for more content. It's like reading a book series as it is being written as opposed to reading it after the author finishes the opus.

Reactions: tonigobe

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
Every time I try saving...
Hi. I dont see why you should be getting this error, so can't get to the root of it, but can give you a temporary solution.
First off ingame open the console and type in:
Code:
import sys
sys.getrecursionlimit()
it should return 1000 (renpy default value). If not, there is your problem.
To increase this value:
Code:
sys.setrecursionlimit(n)
n being a higher value like 1500 or 100000. See if this works, and post feedback on before/after.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
Hi. I dont see why you should be getting this error, so can't get to the root of it, but can give you a temporary solution.
First off ingame open the console and type in:
Code:
import sys
sys.getrecursionlimit()
it should return 1000 (renpy default value). If not, there is your problem.
To increase this value:
Code:
sys.setrecursionlimit(n)
n being a higher value like 1500 or 100000. See if this works, and post feedback on before/after.
First, had to look up changing renpy/00console.rpy to turn console on.

When checking the recursion limit, I did get 1000 back. Without going further, I closed console and tried saving, no go.

I reopened the game and changed the recursion limit as instructed, and saving works now! :D

Reactions: Magixian

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
By "sex-fest",
One way or another, I expect DMD to "go off the rails" (similar to Dream of Desire in its finale). Oc, if the paying consumers accept this state of affairs--fine!
But, really. DMD 0.16 should be viewed as the end of DMD I. Since then, we are in DMD II. I believe after D gets popped, we will have a DMD III. Players just assume a certain amount of continuity between the sections. This is usually a false assumption in VNs claiming to have a story to tell...
Very valid grouping of DMD.
In a way DMD could end when D gets popped and a new game start. DMD has become for lack of a better term a romance story between D and her dad. D being more corrupt and less the naive little girl we have come to know can irreparably alter DMD. If done right this could become a natural evolution of her new found sexual curiosity(?) but to be plausible it would have to be slow and D may have to become more jaded.
D will then become more of a master of her own fate, or F will have to become an uber sleaze, abusing his daughter's trust to make her his personal sex-doll.

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
I news some help, how the chapters work? Do the fiesta and beggining from zero the second? Take a save from one and put in on second ?? I read OP after doing this questions but no clue ...Ty!
If I remember correctly, you should just be able to play the first chapter through, and it should automatically pull up the information in chapter 2.

3.80 star(s) 320 Votes