Mod Ren'Py Dating My Daughter - Lain's Walkthrough + Gallery + Improvements Mod [v0.32] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Patchedup

Oct 8, 2021
Did I do something wrong or can you not get the reward/achievement "We're Back Home!" on a single play thru with this walkthrough of chapter one? I got all the others but it and the last one Gotta Catch 'Em all.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Did I do something wrong or can you not get the reward/achievement "We're Back Home!" on a single play thru with this walkthrough of chapter one? I got all the others but it and the last one Gotta Catch 'Em all.
The mod for chapter one?
Yes you can but it can be buggy at times.

Patchedup

Oct 8, 2021
It seems I had to pick the swimsuit over the gym cloths route and pick one other +LP at the pool the PDF hinted at that but this mod had greyed out and finally got the We're Back Home but sigh the finally reward did not trigger.

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
Just one thing: If there is NTR in a game then only ask the player about it once (at the start of game at best) and never again afterwards.
Using your mod I was asked once in chapter one, and then again in chapter two and reminded again in chapter 3. For what reason? Prople who are not into NTR don't want to be reminded of it all the time during playthrough. Just keep it away from them.
Ask once if necessary (without hints where it would take place if possible) or just highlight the non ntr path. But stop reminding us of it's existence.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Just one thing: If there is NTR in a game then only ask the player about it once (at the start of game at best) and never again afterwards.
Using your mod I was asked once in chapter one, and then again in chapter two and reminded again in chapter 3. For what reason? Prople who are not into NTR don't want to be reminded of it all the time during playthrough. Just keep it away from them.
Ask once if necessary (without hints where it would take place if possible) or just highlight the non ntr path. But stop reminding us of it's existence.
There is no NTR in this game to begin with... it's consentual sharing.
And the mod gives you a warning so you can turn that off if you want.

• Angry
Reactions: Red Sand

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
There is no NTR in this game to begin with... it's consentual sharing.
And the mod gives you a warning so you can turn that off if you want.
What's the content with Martin otherwise? I for obvious reasons have not played it, but the mod even asks you to turn NTR on/off in chapter two. And due to your comment I checked the gallery and it looks like Martin and Daughter do sexual stuff together without the MC. Which in my eyes already fails completly what the game has build up so far with the Daughter who is completely fixated on her dad. But that's about the game not the mod.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
What's the content with Martin otherwise? I for obvious reasons have not played it, but the mod even asks you to turn NTR on/off in chapter two. And due to your comment I checked the gallery and it looks like Martin and Daughter do sexual stuff together without the MC. Which in my eyes already fails completly what the game has build up so far with the Daughter who is completely fixated on her dad. But that's about the game not the mod.
It's not behind MCs back though. That's the point.
I don't like it either. I've never seen Martin or any other sharing party in forever.
When I play its always D only.

Reactions: pgm_01

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
I only have sharing on with the girls, but have watched some of the Martin scenes in the gallery. Since Dee is only with Daddy, and Daddy allows Martin to be with Dee, it is not considered NTR since for it to be NTR, Dee would need to be taken away from Daddy. I know there is an argument that if it isn't MC's dick, it's NTR, but that is not the definition being used here. I try to stay out of the NTR wars because I find it ridiculous, but people who are looking for NTR want a specific set of circumstances, and this game will never have that. This game has what it calls sharing, and you can turn off and on those routes as you would like.

The NTR wars always hinge on the definition. It is like the incest genre. People looking for incest content generally want direct family links, where people who hate incest might consider even step-incest to be wrong and complain about it. People looking for NTR want certain things, where people who hate NTR want a much wider definition, so they don't have to see anyone with the girl but the MC. This game does not have NTR that meets what the people looking for NTR want to see, but it does have sharing, which also can piss off those who only want MC and the girl. Luckily, for those who don't want sharing, they can turn it off and the game plays fine without those routes. The mod is labeling based on the definition of people who don't want anyone else with Dee, the game dev is using the definition based on what someone looking for NTR would expect.

Reactions: Uthuriel

jjavier

Nov 8, 2022
Hello, there you go, I have a problem, I play this game with the mod in French, but when I install your mod, the game switches back entirely to English, the choice of French is still present, but no longer works at one mishandling on my part? If anyone has a solution, I'm interested :).
Forgive me for the english it's google translate

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Hello, there you go, I have a problem, I play this game with the mod in French, but when I install your mod, the game switches back entirely to English, the choice of French is still present, but no longer works at one mishandling on my part? If anyone has a solution, I'm interested :).
Forgive me for the english it's google translate
Most likely due to how outdated this mod is, look at the version it is and how the game is now on version 0.35.
Always use the mod version that corresponds to the game version:
https://f95zone.to/threads/dating-m...ements-mod-v0-32-maim-lain.20982/post-8714484

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes