TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
Her is a good video on Moral Conflict with characters and why Rachel sma better character than Lukas.

To be honest, it doesn't take much to be a better character than Lucas. This guy served little more purpose than being one of the numerous would-be-rapist of D. He just happened to be given more focus than the rest of those douchebags for no good reason.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
To be honest, it doesn't take much to be a better character than Lucas. This guy served little more purpose than being one of the numerous would-be-rapist of D. He just happened to be given more focus than the rest of those douchebags for no good reason.
I know. I wish I had been around when Lucas was created because for me he wins as the worst item in DMD. The beach dudes come in second. I am not a fan of one dimensional evil characters.

But to be fair, there are those same one dimensional evil characters in some of the other top DMD competitors. Why do we do when some of the most fun is making multidimensional antagonists...

Reactions: fried

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Btw, in the next release I know someone will pull he NTR alarm. But to be fair, those same people would consider the Rick/Ilsa/Victor Laslo triangle from the movie “Casablanca” as NTR, and that triangle is at least a third of the plot and tension in the movie.

Reactions: Jeancul

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Btw, in the next release I know someone will pull he NTR alarm. But to be fair, those same people would consider the Rick/Ilsa/Victor Laslo triangle from the movie “Casablanca” as NTR, and that triangle is at least a third of the plot and tension in the movie.
I hope that you don't just bring gasoline to the fire:)
I remember the madness when people are afraid that D will lose her virginity to a dildo used by Elena:)

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Damnit, Jeff, quit pouring salt on the wound! Victor NTR'd me!

Oh well, we'll always have Donutistan.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Considering that D just formally broke from what was holding back her experiencing the larger world on her own terms, I'd kind of expect her to find interest and attraction in LOTS of new places/people to her refreshed eyes :) . Seems expected, honestly (and, what I thought might be part of the equation for tension that could build into a more complex Chapter 3, honestly . . .) .

The natural routes to explore that we already know are possible don't bother me, even if D suddenly wants to go for a three-way or even her own time to try something/someone new. But, I can see this leading to the issues mentioned above because she is still new and naive to the implications of such things (in her own heart and those of others), I feel.

Of course, this could be even MC getting into something - with D's knowledge , at least initially - and not just her direct desire at play. Maybe her curiosity allows this experimentation and then she starts to feel unexpected regrets, jealousy, envy, etc. that come with being a fully-fleshed individual who just plopped into the world afresh.

. . .

Jeez. Can MrDots put a goal into his fundraising that ensures we see a Chapter 3 if reached, perhaps? So much that can be done with these characters and their settings as they stand today.

Reactions: cloudfw and Jeancul

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Considering that D just formally broke from what was holding back her experiencing the larger world on her own terms, I'd kind of expect her to find interest and attraction in LOTS of new places/people to her refreshed eyes :) . Seems expected, honestly (and, what I thought might be part of the equation for tension that could build into a more complex Chapter 3, honestly . . .) .

The natural routes to explore that we already know are possible don't bother me, even if D suddenly wants to go for a three-way or even her own time to try something/someone new. But, I can see this leading to the issues mentioned above because she is still new and naive to the implications of such things (in her own heart and those of others), I feel.

Of course, this could be even MC getting into something - with D's knowledge , at least initially - and not just her direct desire at play. Maybe her curiosity allows this experimentation and then she starts to feel unexpected regrets, jealousy, envy, etc. that come with being a fully-fleshed individual who just plopped into the world afresh.

. . .

Jeez. Can MrDots put a goal into his fundraising that ensures we see a Chapter 3 if reached, perhaps? So much that can be done with these characters and their settings as they stand today.
There obviously will be an FMF (or several possibilities). What’s coming up are avoidable (for the most part with the right choices) baby steps toward MFM - so I thought I’d put the warning out there so when someone has a fit, we can all say they were warned.

As to Chapter 3 - I won’t put a nail in the coffin, but more likely: in a post Melody game, as we have used younger Koko in Melody, it is very possible (probable?) characters will carry forward from DMD - with more “sexual” use than Koko has in Melody.

Reactions: megacct and fried

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
... in a post Melody game, as we have used younger Koko in Melody, it is very possible (probable?) characters will carry forward from DMD - with more “sexual” use than Koko has in Melody.
So Melody taking place before DMD?
If so then could the boyfriend Koko mentions on the beach in DMD be the MC from Melody? (probably not, but food for thought)

3.80 star(s) 321 Votes