RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You know since D, Elena and F are in the Back to the Future town if D finds Doc Brown's DeLorean she could travel back and warn herself not to fall asleep in her father's room thus negating Elena catching them.

Course she may have to blow Doc Brown to get to use the car, but if she warns herself then she will never get caught and she will never need to use the car and therefore never have given the Doc head.

Does D know how to drive?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I'd be more careful about assuming DMD is a "first project".
By way of comparison, when someone mentioned to a dev that the game Big Brother was a great first project, that dev replied, "There are 12 devs on that project, all greatly experienced". Now, I haven't been able to verify that fascinating statement, but I do know that giving a studio the benefit of the doubt because a project is the first one UNDER THAT STUDIO NAME is nonsense.
If you, or anyone else, wants to believe "forgive and forget" is a viable reaction, that's your choice. I'm a writer (short stories). I worked at a traveling carnival 3 months to research a story idea. It was like an alien world, most of my assumptions were invalid. That's what I see with VNs : fans make many, many assumptions, especially about devs and their motivations, that are invalid.
That misses my point, though: I was talking specifically to a production group, not the personal history of each member. Working as a team and under the guidance (?) of a potentially new lead in MrDots (for at least some of them) is a different dynamic that requires coordination and shared understanding to be reached. How their attitudes mesh is highly important, as well - to my knowledge, this was his first foray with the team that started on DMD, but if not the case then I'd be interested to hear more.

I'm not saying forget the past in some artificially clean manner that begets ignorance, as we can certainly learn from such.

But, belaboring some things here as if they were still relevant in the current climate - when that does not seem to strongly be the case, from what I can see - just strikes me as having an itch to scratch which needs more self-help to soothe than anything this small community may be experiencing as a whole. Perhaps I am mistaken in that impression, but calling it as I see it right now.

We should certainly endeavour to provide feedback as possible to the Devs and enliven discussion on the game's strengths/weaknesses/rationale for existing, but I'm not typically one for kvetching about things that may be water under the bridge EXCEPT when it becomes relevant context for attempting to move current events forward. At the moment, I don't see the referenced scraps between a subset of players and some from the production team as being terribly relevant to the content and direction of Chapter 2 as we are experiencing it - we've had plenty of chapters to help demonstrate the style of this VN which will likely remain to its end. I like to treat people relative to their actions and then their words, typically.

Actions I have seen are somewhat better proofing compared to numerous mispellings that should never have gotten out the door in earlier chapters, the coding bugs/saves hill that made simply finishing Chapter 1 difficult for awhile, their less-than-graceful (to put it mildly) Saves transition from Chapter 1 to 2, etc. That's even before we get into plot development, character dynamics, etc. - all of which seem to have matured to some degree which I find more entertaining now.

Do what you want, I felt free to speak out because I'm not learning anything new from rehashing some old points (again) by this stage, unfortunately. Maybe we feel that will benefit new players and if so . . . I think that a FAQ from the perspective of players here is probably overdue. Long topics like this are terribly inefficient at making shared context easy, IMHO.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
A DMD "team"? Sure, but one person is a micromanager (confirmed several times by @Jeff Steel ) with 90%+ authority. So, it can be more accurately described as one person with a few helpers/freelancers.
I clearly mentioned:

"Working as a team and under the guidance (?) of a potentially new lead in MrDots (for at least some of them)"

which implies that he's the center of focus, but has others on the team who need to coordinate with him. Jeff's own posts talk to how it's a team effort to make decisions on character+plot points and we've read many times over about their hardcore dev issues with the game engine mechanics, etc.

Micromanaging is a different point. I manage in both democratic and dictatorial styles IRL: try to gain as much peer insight as possible, but if we're not coalescing on a shared decision for needed issues, I will set that direction. It's not uncommon and still requires a working team dynamic to see successful outputs.

And, the context for all of that was my addressing your arguments with members of the MrDots DMD "team." Let's stay on point, please.

So, either you have this simmering issue with (1) the team or (2) MrDots that relates to these recollections - help me out: which is it? You rehash the earlier spats enough to cast some shade their way even in the context of talking on upcoming releases, so that implies there's a reason beyond just being cranky (if I'm being generous). You offer that your work ethic is implictly more thorough than MrDots', which is fine: we all have our own standards. But, I care about their output and less about their internal politics or past interactions with a minority of well-meaning critics by this point. You seem to feel that it's all still relevant . . .

But the heart of the matter is your comment about "water under the bridge". I'm in extreme disagreement : I liken this to "windows on the soul". Not a "one-off".
"Windows on the soul" in how these items are repeatedly brought up looks more like "Someone is wrong on the Internet," honestly. Those spats seem less contextual to how E will react to D and MC's sleeping arrangement than what we saw as character progressions since Chapter 2 began, I feel. At least, I'm not learning anything new from their references in your posts at this point. I mean, we're talking about an adult VN where the next chapter is likely going to be based upon a number of well-understood dynamics from MrDots by now, IMHO - so, decisions being made will be interesting to discuss, but I'm not seeing how conflicts with some critics are at all relevant any longer. That's "water under the bridge" - it's a practical position.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
So... Can you fuck the daughter yet?
Well, there's no PinV yet, if that's what you mean. Lots of foreplay and some kinky things, though.

There is speculation that, given the number of chapters left in this story, PinV may occur within 2-4 more chapters (depending on which argument you favor).

maximanden

Aug 17, 2018
Hello folks :)

I really need some help with this lovely game.

My challenge is that i downloaded both files from page 1, and played my ass of the last 4 days in chapter 1 (0.14.5), And finally made it to the end.
Naturally i'd like to continue with chapter 2, but i find it somewhat unclear exatly what to do to upgrade my game.

I have simply extracted chapter 2 (0.18) to my DMD dir (game -> game, lib -> lib, and so on) and placed the exe and its files in same dir as old exe.

Now... When i start up ch2 exe, game starts fine, i see the continue ch1 in lower left corner, so far so good.
But when i click it, i am simply directed to start a new game.

My save game from ch1 is made on the last screen we see (to be continued).

Would anyone please be kind enough to guide me in the right direction. (I have been wise enough to make a backup of the enitre ch1 folder before extracting anything, if i was doing anything wrong, yay me :) )

Regards
maximanden

CandyMan29

Nov 12, 2017
Hello folks :)

My challenge is that i downloaded both files from page 1, and played my ass of the last 4 days in chapter 1 (0.14.5), And finally made it to the end.
Naturally i'd like to continue with chapter 2, but i find it somewhat unclear exatly what to do to upgrade my game.

I have simply extracted chapter 2 (0.18) to my DMD dir (game -> game, lib -> lib, and so on) and placed the exe and its files in same dir as old exe.

Now... When i start up ch2 exe, game starts fine, i see the continue ch1 in lower left corner, so far so good.
But when i click it, i am simply directed to start a new game.

My save game from ch1 is made on the last screen we see (to be continued).

Would anyone please be kind enough to guide me in the right direction. (I have been wise enough to make a backup of the enitre ch1 folder before extracting anything, if i was doing anything wrong, yay me :) )

Regards
maximanden
I believe you just jot down the LP/FP for each character from the last screen in chapter 1 and when you open ch 2 it should ask you if you would like to continue from ch 1, click yes, then copy the numbers over.

Bobtwinpeeks

Jun 14, 2017
Nobody is gonna talk about how ridiculous D's asshole looks in these previous pictures and in general in the game. It's just a dot on the butt, I mean, come on, you can do better than this... it's really off putting to me.

maximanden

Aug 17, 2018
Thanks for taking time to answer me @CandyMan29.

I somehow solwed it by extracting ch2 to a clean dir without ch1 files, and it found my savegame stats all by it self somewere else and i could just click on the stats and continue.

Happy happy :)

Regards
maximanden

Reactions: CandyMan29

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
Nobody is gonna talk about how ridiculous D's asshole looks in these previous pictures and in general in the game. It's just a dot on the butt, I mean, come on, you can do better than this... it's really off putting to me.
Unfortunately that's the result of the outdated models being used for DmD. If I remember correctly, one of the devs here mentioned that they have new features and assets they've added onto the models used for Melody, but can't use them for DmD because it's incompatible.
It's no use recreating the characters since we've all grown to love them as they are, so I guess it's worth baring through the small flaws regardless. :biggrin:

Reactions: Bobtwinpeeks

Robat

Aug 15, 2017
Hey guys, just started the game for the first time & know essentially nothing about it, so i had a few questions:

-How close is the game to being finished in everyone's opinion?
-How often are updates, & do they generally include much new content?

-I see on the guides that there are specific paths e.g. "Elena path only" & triggers for opening various routes. I'm in chapter 2, but have seen no triggers/options/indicators of having specifically chosen any path. I've gotten some "Elena path only scenes" but I've just been trying to keep all options open (fucked jennifer, elena, and georgia so far). Obviously some options will be locked by choosing certain girls/options, but will i be completely locked out from certain characters paths if i choose Elena (for example), or can i do multiple at once? Daughter is obviously #1, but want best paths for others (especially elena and jennifer).

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017

Hi. Really nice way of asking, and giving out information on what you did. Big plus.
You need to keep the chapters in seperate folders. The data stored from chapter 1 is saved elsewhere (in appdata). Do this and next time to start up Ch.2 it should work just fine. Else dont hesitate to ask again.

3.80 star(s) 322 Votes