ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm glad he abandoned the game over system, pretty much. It's kind of lame. Lucas and his brother are examples of characters who were wastes of time because it never went anywhere that had a significant effect on the story. You can really see how Melody benefitted from lessons learned from this game: no useless characters and less reliance on repetitive scenes (playing part 1 again all the way through made me notice how many scenes kind of hit the same notes and don't advance the relationship at all.)

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
Does

My sentiments exactly. Many people in Melody's thread dismiss the idea that the game is related to incest. Many of them might not know of DMD or simply like to separate both games. But the I way I read it, Mr. Dots seems to be implying that MC and Melody may be in fact father and daughter. Even if I hadn't played DMD, I'm certain that I would reach the same conclusion. Assuming no evidence will appear to disprove this theory, I still don't think that this plot twist will overtly make its appearance. Maybe in the form of some patch, like in the current fashion.
There is an extremely tiny hint that it may be possible that Melody may be the MC's daughter it's in one scene where he refers to an old college girlfriend nothing substantial.

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
For people new to DMD the game updates every 3 months while the other 2 the creator's focus shifts to his other game Melody (also a very good game you should try) but because of patreon rules screwing a bunch of really good games over DMD was banished from the realm of patreon.
The creator so far has refused to let DMD fade away. If you want to help you can do so by contributing to his patreon alternate BUY ME A COFFEE.

This will keep it worthwhile for him to continue his work on this great game and we will get further adventures with D and her friends.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
There is an extremely tiny hint that it may be possible that Melody may be the MC's daughter it's in one scene where he refers to an old college girlfriend nothing substantial.
I doubt the dev team would tempt the wrath of Patreon a second time with any incest, but you could be right.
I do play Melody but it does not have the drama of DMD. As I've said before some musician hooking up with a young adult protégé, and the issue is? The renders are great but Melody (character) is fairly weak, her character doesn't draw me into the story like D does. Again just my take on it and everyone has different likes, for instance I still like the show Supernatural even after 13 seasons.

I do wish Mr.Dots could sneak D into the background of Melody flipping Patrteon off. Or the two girls could wind up on the same beach together.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Great write-up dude.
I'd suggest posting it in the "Reviews" section of this thread, so others can read it later on down the track.
Most users or new members might miss it due to being too lazy to go back a page or few! ;)
My friend.. I am that lazy member who is too lazy to go back page, no scratch that, to scroll up to read what others write... lol! I am KING laziness, I challenge thee to beat me at doing nothing. lol I never knew there was a review section, thanks Goonersz... Goonersz?? Ohhh snap! Do the truffle shuffle! do the truffle shuffle! lol

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
I'm glad he abandoned the game over system, pretty much. It's kind of lame. Lucas and his brother are examples of characters who were wastes of time because it never went anywhere that had a significant effect on the story. You can really see how Melody benefitted from lessons learned from this game: no useless characters and less reliance on repetitive scenes (playing part 1 again all the way through made me notice how many scenes kind of hit the same notes and don't advance the relationship at all.)
Some good points you've made and I agree that it's better without the game over ending in Chapter 2.
However, I wouldn't say that Lucas' character was an entire waste, as every great story usually has a villain and he was certainly it in Chapter 1 (most likely it's Rachel in Chapter 2).
His character had a major effect on the outcome on Day 13 actually.

The reason why I think it was important to have him in there is for you as F,
you need to make a common sense decision to get D to take up self-defense lessons,
especially after what happens at the club during Day 4.

One of the most frequently asked questions on this thread has been:
"How do I stop Lucas from attacking D on Day 13?"

That tells me that plenty of whom have played the game decided not to take her to that course,
or that they decided to not use or download the walkthrough.

That in itself gives the players another reason to replay the game, for those not using the walkthrough.
I've seen a few fans on here say that there's been no conflict in Melody (like there has been in DMD) and it's been pretty much all smooth sailing if you're the MC in that game.
But that game is still in it's early days of production, so to speak.

But like you said, the dev and his team have evidently learnt a lot from this first game,
and that can be seen already in Melody.

Just wanted to give my perspective on this. :D

Atianus

Jul 3, 2017
Looks like Ko-fi banned adult content as well. That probably cuts the funding for this project at some point.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Looks like Ko-fi banned adult content as well. That probably cuts the funding for this project at some point.
damn that sucks. wow. They out right said it: "Accounts which have been flagged as inappropriate by our payment partners" It is not just Pay Pal doing this, it's the banking system, the credit card system really because they don't like providing services for what they don't like. I'm surprised they haven't decided to block payments for sites that offer adult material.... joy...

oh this gem is there as well:
"Covering nudity with body parts or objects," So covering nudity with clothing is an offense... well damn that means EVERYTHING that involves the Human body is adult content! Clothing is an object!

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

d-e-vane

Feb 14, 2018
I wish there was a site like Patreon that automatically converted your monthly payments to cryptocurrency and paid out like that. I feel like the PITA of BTC is the biggest barrier to mass adoption.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I wish there was a site like Patreon that automatically converted your monthly payments to cryptocurrency and paid out like that. I feel like the PITA of BTC is the biggest barrier to mass adoption.
thing is I'm looking at how Dots has this set up, and he's on not ko-fi.com (mentioned above). Also Dots has nothing on that page that indicates what it is for, so honestly there is nothing that the site could do, they could "ALLEGE" that it is for this, but there is enough that this would not be beneficial to them.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
The lamest was the only time the MC sleeps over at the girls' hotel in Chapter 1. While the MC is groping D in her sleep, Elena walks in (presumably from a bathroom break) and freaks. Elena screams, "Your own daughter! You monster!"
GAME-OVER.

Does the above scene remind anyone of a certain 0.18 cliff hanger?...
No, I seriously don't believe that Ellena has any problem with this.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
They were never abandoned, they are simply not part of the current story.

d-e-vane

Feb 14, 2018
thing is I'm looking at how Dots has this set up, and he's on not ko-fi.com (mentioned above). Also Dots has nothing on that page that indicates what it is for, so honestly there is nothing that the site could do, they could "ALLEGE" that it is for this, but there is enough that this would not be beneficial to them.
Looks like a neat site, but a cursory glance doesn't indicate that it's a recurring payment site so much as a streamlined donation site.

Andurin

Apr 28, 2017
Bro! I remember 3 Melody compositions. At least 2 of these were more erotic than anything else I've seen of yours, even more than the DMD stuff.
Whatever. Best wishes with your talent...
Apologies mate. I dont recall doing Melody fan art, because i am lazy and havent put together the art material yet.

All ive done so far is DMD and my own stuff.
must have been someone else
Tho i would love to do a cross over with both Melody and D.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Incest is an actual crime in most countries, especially here in America. That was the only thing I was claiming. Maybe standards relax for most folks, but I just can't wrap my head around dating somebody young enough to be my child.
Considering this is a game and is all about fantasy (in various ways), I don't think you need to "wrap" your head around actually doing what is in the game.

We don't go out and skin people with chain saws because of watching a horror movie, which is also understood to be escapist fantasy.

You might want to stop harping on about a made-up situation - whether it's entertaining to people or not - by contrasting that to your real-world, personal likes/dislikes in this topic. Because it seems irrelevant.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Considering this is a game and is all about fantasy (in various ways), I don't think you need to "wrap" your head around actually doing what is in the game.

We don't go out and skin people with chain saws because of watching a horror movie, which is also understood to be escapist fantasy.

You might want to stop harping on about a made-up situation - whether it's entertaining to people or not - by contrasting that to your real-world, personal likes/dislikes in this topic. Because it seems irrelevant.
Huh. Guess I struck a nerve there. If I've offended you somehow then I'm sorry.

Those are indeed my personal opinions, but I don't expect anyone to follow them. I'm not advocating that DMD be censored or stopped somehow. My point was never "DMD is bad and you should feel bad." I was addressing the topic brought up a few pages back about how the father and other males are creepy and/or manipulative, plus how the father was a hypocrite.

I definitely got off on a tangent about my personal feelings about age gaps and the actual act of incest, but I fail to see why I need to keep quiet and move on. I'm not one of the game censors crying "think of the children" or trying to connect video games to real life behaviors. It's a friendly discussion. I think everyone should be fine having those.

3.80 star(s) 322 Votes