suiz

May 3, 2018
It's a good game by the same game creator, you should try it.
I might.. Romance games aren't really my preference, but I enjoyed DMD very much.. I'l put it on my list, but I'm caught up in a mindcontrol / corruption phase right now :D

Also my list of games to play is -very- long :D

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I'm having trouble saving my game in chapter 1. Can anyone help me out?
The error you're seeing is "Exception; Not saved - no valid save locations."

Did you unpack the archive? That sounds like you're playing from the zip, and it can't save to it.

Sep 18, 2017
So I take it the game isn't finished and story is still continuing? I like all the different outcomes. Although I think I shot myself in the foot by going Georgina + E (friend) route. I have the feeling it will blow in my face in the long run. Plus it is disappointing that it closes some of the D routes. Maybe I should try another play through with only Olivia with D.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
So I've been mulling this over, and I've got to ask something. How do you write a player character in a game about ultimately fucking your own daughter that isn't a manipulative hypocrite?

If the father isn't manipulative the entire point of the game isn't going to happen, game over. If the father doesn't need to be manipulative then the only way anything will happen is if the daughter initiates things, which ruins the wholesomeness of her character. That probably ruins what made her attractive to so many in the first place.

The father being a hypocrite is the only way I can see to justify the mental gymnastics required to convince yourself that dating your own daughter somehow isn't the creepiest, most horrid thing you can do. Otherwise you have to write him as some kind of self loathing downer. That doesn't make for a very engaging protagonist.

I mean let's be realistic here. We are playing an escapist fantasy about a crime that's right up there with rape. Even without the daughter aspect you're still building a relationship with a girl around 20 years younger than you. That scenario is creepy as fuck. It should bother anyone to see that in real life. Expecting the main character in a game like this to somehow be a good person is pretty far beyond the scope of the material. It's a fantasy, not something to aspire for.
I don't see the issue. Even Batman's a manipulative asshole at times and I love those games. I love GTA 4, too, even if the main character essentially is a mass murderer.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Does
Oh, I actually think that someone on MrDots team figured out how to do it with, Melody.
As far as anyone knows, Melody has no relation to her tutor, other than a shared love of music.

The tutor slept around a lot in College, and the one person who he got close to, suddenly left with no explanation and disappeared.
Melody only knows that her father was a musician that her mother knew in college, who also disappeared.
Disappearing is rather easy to do, when you are a musician on tour as a backup musician with a band, and your name is not listed on any posters, isn't it?

Both of them are very attracted to each other, and with each release they come closer to being a couple.
All it would take is for someone to mention her mothers maiden name to have the tutor say, OH SHIT!!!
And if they have already done the deed and are madly in love with each other, and they find out at the same time, they may both decide to agree to bury that knowledge, and stay a couple.
We already have seen that Melody has a very mischievous way of looking at things, so it would be within her character for that to happen.
It would not then be a father or daughter seducing or manipulating the other, but both parties agreeing to it.
My sentiments exactly. Many people in Melody's thread dismiss the idea that the game is related to incest. Many of them might not know of DMD or simply like to separate both games. But the I way I read it, Mr. Dots seems to be implying that MC and Melody may be in fact father and daughter. Even if I hadn't played DMD, I'm certain that I would reach the same conclusion. Assuming no evidence will appear to disprove this theory, I still don't think that this plot twist will overtly make its appearance. Maybe in the form of some patch, like in the current fashion.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
By the way, we refer to the daughter character as being D. Is there no official name mentioned anywhere? In the other Mr. Dots game, Melody, there is a scene where the MC pretends to be the father of a young girl, and we have the choice to chose her name, two of them being two characters from the game, and the third one is Gina, whom he describes as "pretty blonde, big boobs, big ass". There isn't any character there with those characteristics yet, and they seem to fit well with D, and other references from DMD appear in the game as well.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
You are in the minority=
According to a graph based on data from OKCupid dating profiles, women tend to be most attracted to men who are around their same age.

But the case is drastically different for men; the graph shows that once a woman passes the age of 22, she becomes exponentially less attractive to men.

Huh. That's both informative and a bit unnerving. Thanks for that though! ^_^

Then it is simply a matter that if you do not like something, then stay away from where it can be found.
I've been reading a lot of posts in this forum and it seems to be a recurring theme of people going into threads and complaining about content that is listed as a tag that they do not like.
It has even been suggested that some of those people have gone as far and as low as to stab the game creator in the back and reporting them to Patreon.
It's one thing to make a simple comment about it not being your thing, because that can convey information to the game creator, but to harp on and on about it is wrong.

Out of 14 total posts in this forum at this time that you have made, 4 of them have been complaining about content in a game that you do not like, in a thread devoted to a game that contains that content.
So this is probably going to come across as a bit hypocritical, but I am what I am. I enjoy playing both DMD and Melody. They're fun and engaging games. My point wasn't that the games were bad. I think my point got lost somewhere in the discussion.

There were posts a few pages back about how the all the males in the game were creepy or horrible people. My main point was sort of a "yeah, what did you expect in a game about incest?" I'm not advocating for any censorship or changes. I admittedly got on a tangent about how the subjects of the game aren't something great as far as real life is concerned, but I fully support people's right to have fantasies. As long as it's not a real person, I feel it's a "no victim, no crime" thing.

King Melodias

Jun 2, 2017
Who was that writer for DMD? I know that some scriptwriters post here (Hearsz, Jeff [unsure if Jeff writes or just creative idea spammer], sometimes me). As far as i know Dots, i don't really find him the type to brag about writing. Of course I could be wrong.

Having said that, and I know its kinda unrelated, but why isnt there a Melody fan art thread? :(

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That would defeat the purpose of the Melody game, which was to appease the standards of Patreon. Even without an incest route the tutor is still coming on to a girl about half his age. That alone is horridly creepy, regardless of how good a person he is otherwise.

I like playing both DMD and Melody, I really dig the fantasy. I feel that's what they should stay though, fantasy.
While I do agree with your observation that Melody is the patreon freindly game face of Mr.Dots so incest is most likely not an option (unless the dev team is building a big FU Patreon and then banned for eternity).

Creepiness is a personal attitude (and you have a right to feel that way), however age difference relationships don't work (usually) because of life differences. As you get older your views change. Churchill is credited with saying 'If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.' How you see the world does depend on age/life-experience so it's hard to have compatible opinions and a long term relationship (not impossible for some).
Any woman I've dated that is younger than me by more than a decade was very short lived and chaotic. Once the sex is over it's not worth it.

Reactions: Proto Persona

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
My inappropriate humor brain really wanted to add a joke, but my rational don't start crap brain won.

Sep 18, 2017
Choosing any harem route does not necessarily close off any D routes. It's just extra work for the player.
If you click D's image in the corruption flower : on the stats page, you can switch off/on the relationships with Elena, Georgina and Jennifer. By anticipating a certain scene (the walk through is your friend!) a player can prepare accordingly. A good example of this occurred at the tail end of 0.18 : by setting all other relationships to "no" (and following certain mini-game--Truth or Dare--actions) even a harem path player could have seen the 69er scene between F/D.
Cheers. I had no idea that feature existed. Next time I get a chance I'll take a look at it.

Reactions: virtuvoid

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
Hey guys. Is there only one game over screen (with the same text), or does it change according to the situation ? Asking, because I've been curious about how the game over at day 13 is handled with Lucas.

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
You handle it by avoiding it!
Day 10 at MC's workplace, his coworker Martin offers to help him out with the Lucas problem. The MC declines the offer and instead reports Lucas to the police. A police woman will advise the MC to enroll D in a self-defense class. This is done.
When Day 13 rolls around, no more GAME-OVER!
That's...not what I asked. I was asking if there was any change in the Game Over screen if it happens with Lucas raping D.

I've already made sure to avoid it.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Hey guys. Is there only one game over screen (with the same text), or does it change according to the situation ? Asking, because I've been curious about how the game over at day 13 is handled with Lucas.
there are a few ways a game over can happen through out the whole of the first chapter, and it usually is because d catches you with someone else. the part with lucas is because well d is "hurt" and it's a game over condition. (hurt is used to keep spoilers out of what actually happens). The screen used for all of the scenes are pretty much the same i don't pay attention to it because i always roll back immediately when that happens.

3.80 star(s) 322 Votes