Unity Dark Land Chronicle: The Fallen Elf [v0.113] [Winterfire Studio]

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
The difference is "Horror" vs "Dark". The point seems to be very simple. If you have played LonaRPG, it also has this strange contradiction between "Horror" and "Dark", which is unsettling and fairly boring. Female Victims ends up dead. This includes for the Dark Cult in DLC. They are supposedly some kind of "Pro-Beast" Cult, worshipping some strange Goddess/Woman. If they are into this whole Beastiality thing, why kill your Female Victims...? That seems strange and contradictionary for a Cult like that. And WHY have sex/rape those Female Victims, when you are just gonna eat them a bit...? That's even more weird.

It just doesn't fit none of this at all. And WHY do they all have one missing foot...? Just switch it out for a far more lewder setup, and not something that makes less sense the more i think about it. Better that way.

Thanks for your reply. Take care.
I don't know what your'e trying to say, but in LonaRPG, the island is going to shit and people are being eaten and/or infested by body horror monsters by the start of the game. People are going crazy between rampant violence, disease, and famine. There's no distinction between whether men or women are killed, but women tend to end up victims because if we're going by grimdark fantasy conventions, it's mainly the dudes doing all the physical labor and fighting, so they're more likely to overpower those that don't. Women are shown because people treat dudes dying as par for the course.

As to why rape and the eat their victims? To highlight the point that those dudes have completely lost their humanity. Other people are just objects of physical and sexual release and food to them. They feel better alive, so they rape them before they kill them. That's the simple answer. They are incapable of considering longterm consequences because they are living in the moment satisfying their immediate needs.

amgwtfover

Aug 11, 2017
Right to assume that the mono cyclops and guy from the village are the only H-Entities at this point?
Goblin place is just a red door which sends you back to start (assume not available yet) and cannot locate a save function enough to go much further.

What's actually in the demo H wise?

MrNTR

Jan 23, 2019
Likes promising. Likely not many scenes though, guess I'll have to come back in 10 years, hopefully it's not dead by then.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Right to assume that the mono cyclops and guy from the village are the only H-Entities at this point?
Goblin place is just a red door which sends you back to start (assume not available yet) and cannot locate a save function enough to go much further.

What's actually in the demo H wise?
Cyclops, guy from village (goblin village house), bj with fat guy north-east of village.
Monster scene? (refused) north-west of village, 3 bandits spawn there after you finish that quest and they have battle rape scene.

Not sure if I missed anything.

Jul 23, 2017
Okay wow.....

Player choices matter - CHECK
Great sex animations - CHECK
Great music - CHECK
Solid graphics - CHECK
Solid top down gameplay RPG - CHECK
Story and even Divinity/Baldurs Gate 3 style narration - CHECK
Decent amount of content in the first build - CHECK

Please don't abandon this game, I see great potential in the future of this game if you stick with it and keep developing it

Didn't expect to logon to F95 today and see such a great gem of a female protagonist game. Our genre doesn't get as much love as the male protagonist genre does so quality games of this tier are quite rare

Some constructive feedback;
  • Some player choices early on need to be used more in a tutorial capacity to really make the player understand the impact of dialogue and such
    • For example the thief who wants you to steal the necklace from the house. I rejected it and the thief then refused to talk to me. I am still learning the mechanics of the game so that is quite unforgiving especially since there is no save/quick save functionality
    • Same for the guard in the north who is hunting the fat man. I told him he seemed scared and harmless the guard got angry and said they will gather a party to hunt the man at the moment nothing further happened I was still able to go back to the man and prostitute myself to him and I am not sure thus what happens next because of my interaction with the guard and again this is so early on in the game it is very unforgiving to the player to try to learn the mechanics
  • Speaking of mechanics, it is quite hard to understand some of the mechanics
    • For example do events only progress when you sleep at the fire?
    • Do different swords have different stats?
    • The impact of the choices are a bit hard to follow in the beginning as you are still learning the game world and the characters. So my example with the guard hunting the fat man, but also the thief like I didn't want to do it because I also didn't understand how theft works in the game. A lot of the mechanics like that are not explained and not self explanatory either
  • Healing needs to be buffed it doesn't heal enough
  • The stat points of consumables is unclear at the moment (mental health, lust points, etc...)
  • Hopefully in future sex will have more consequences at the moment being raped by monsters, prostituting your character and having sex with different people doesn't seem to have any consequences
    • On that note, a sex stat page would be nice as well and a virginity mechanic to give players an incentive for a virgin playthrough as well as the first time being more important. It will also make most players really try to avoid being raped by monsters
  • In future some system to sleep in people's houses would be nice. Linked to prostitution, begging or whatever else through negotiation so you don't always need to campfire

In any case, good luck on the game and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for this title!

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes