VN Ren'Py Dark Dimensions: A Spiritual Successor - Pre-Production Discussion

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Finally this game gets it own thread, also I hope the return of Gzone doesn't discourage you guys to keep working on the game. It's looking way better than AP in my opinion.
We could have said it better when we talked about “Negotiations are ongoing”, but let me be clear: Jesus Christ himself returning couldn’t stop SDG from making Dark Dimensions, we are fully on board.

The negotiations are more so to help a transitionary process between groups more or less separating to the benefit of everyone, including the fans.

May 8, 2023
We could have said it better when we talked about “Negotiations are ongoing”, but let me be clear: Jesus Christ himself returning couldn’t stop SDG from making Dark Dimensions, we are fully on board.

The negotiations are more so to help a transitionary process between groups more or less separating to the benefit of everyone, including the fans.
And ill be here supporting the game all the way.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020

Hell Yeah! To the new game!

1714115817666.png

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
To the Supporters of Team Bieno & Stray Dream Games

Hello, and Pleasant day to you all. We here at SDG want to help clear up some about what’s been happening the last few days. Recently, our former head developer over at Team Bieno, GZone returned. He made a statement on his last Tuesday. We were glad to see he is seemingly still active, as some theories during this time were not exactly positive… so we’re happy to know that he’s okay.

Now, a number of questions many of you have seemingly asked us based on his return: Will Amity Park return? Will Dark Dimensions now stop development? Will the teams reunite in some form or fashion? We don’t have a whole lot of definite answers, but the things we can say are for 100% absolute certain are the following:

1) Dark Dimensions is absolutely still moving forward, nothing about that has changed with this recent development. Every one of our staff members are staying on to move this new project along, as we have the confidence that it will succeed and a brand new start for things that feels well worth utilizing.

2) Payments and Invoices owed to former members of Team Bieno are being worked through right now, so that everyone gets paid what they were commissioned for Amity Park. It’s not all completely settled, but we didn’t want people to think that GZone wasn’t choosing to pay what was owed, he has shown he is ready to make that right.

3) Negotiations are being struck to try and branch the two companies off from each other as best we can. This includes potential contracted work, requests for former assets, and pro bono work. We can’t talk about anything in detail as we don’t want to set any unwarranted expectations. We simply want everyone to know that this will take the most time to nail down, and we might not know how things will shake out for a good while. Any expectations of things being worked out by this weekend will not likely occur. We will keep you as up to date as we can on things as we proceed.

That’s all we’ve got for the moment, so just to keep you guys not hanging without any news.

-The SDG Team

Diamond lou

Apr 17, 2018
Glad to hear things are working out/moving forward still, regardless of what happens however wishing everyone the best and good luck going forward.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016

Hello, and Pleasant day to you all. We here at SDG want to help clear up some about what’s been happening the last few days. Recently, our former head developer over at Team Bieno, GZone returned. He made a statement on his last Tuesday. We were glad to see he is seemingly still active, as some theories during this time were not exactly positive… so we’re happy to know that he’s okay.

Now, a number of questions many of you have seemingly asked us based on his return: Will Amity Park return? Will Dark Dimensions now stop development? Will the teams reunite in some form or fashion? We don’t have a whole lot of definite answers, but the things we can say are for 100% absolute certain are the following:

1) Dark Dimensions is absolutely still moving forward, nothing about that has changed with this recent development. Every one of our staff members are staying on to move this new project along, as we have the confidence that it will succeed and a brand new start for things that feels well worth utilizing.

2) Payments and Invoices owed to former members of Team Bieno are being worked through right now, so that everyone gets paid what they were commissioned for Amity Park. It’s not all completely settled, but we didn’t want people to think that GZone wasn’t choosing to pay what was owed, he has shown he is ready to make that right.

3) Negotiations are being struck to try and branch the two companies off from each other as best we can. This includes potential contracted work, requests for former assets, and pro bono work. We can’t talk about anything in detail as we don’t want to set any unwarranted expectations. We simply want everyone to know that this will take the most time to nail down, and we might not know how things will shake out for a good while. Any expectations of things being worked out by this weekend will not likely occur. We will keep you as up to date as we can on things as we proceed.

That’s all we’ve got for the moment, so just to keep you guys not hanging without any news.

-The SDG Team
Thank you.
I tried asking about these things earlier but the post was deleted saying the subject matter didn't apply to this thread.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Morah SDG

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Thank you.
I tried asking about these things earlier but the post was deleted saying the subject matter didn't apply to this thread.
Well I guess I could see somebody making that judgement call, but I don't think it's bad to ask. Anybody can also always DM me a question if need be!

Reactions: TheDevian

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Glad to hear things are working out/moving forward still, regardless of what happens however wishing everyone the best and good luck going forward.
Seconded, when good shows end fanfiction keeps them alive... along with reruns.

I'm just happy to see both projects are going to go ahead, I can't wait to see what direction Dark Dimensions is going to take as well as how Amity Park will reinterpret the original story... I've already reset the opening screen of the current AP version back to SFW - as safe as a milf in a bodysuit packing a laser gun is - in readiness!

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020

-The SDG Team
Good, I can now finally unwatch AP's thread and keep to this one instead

Unreal434

Sep 23, 2018
What about the other game with breeding and the vampire lady? What are the priorities for the new team?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
What about the other game with breeding and the vampire lady? What are the priorities for the new team?
Pre-Production on Monster Manor will only begin once we've secured enough funding to hire on an additional artist.
Full production will then begin once DP: Dimensions is wrapped up and the rest of the team will then pivot towards their attention towards it.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
If somebody can point me in the direction of how we might be able to format or post on f95 about commissioning for two logos (One for Stray Dream Games itself, one for Dark Dimensions) that'd be greatly appreciated.