Dec 2, 2022
It just felt weird and immersion breaking for her to mention ghosts when I haven't met them yet.

It's not like there's a prompt to explore in the day/ night cycles, I just assumed there was nothing going on after the one moment where she felt her butt slapped when entering the village chiefs house. Walked around clicking on almost everything and nothings happened, didn't expect there to be anything there just because it was night.
There is a tent just outside the village fence that has a bed and mirror to change and turn the are to night too. Not that your confusion isn't warranted but most players would probably find the ghosts with some experimentation

May 9, 2020
There is a tent just outside the village fence that has a bed and mirror to change and turn the are to night too. Not that your confusion isn't warranted but most players would probably find the ghosts with some experimentation
It's called exploration, not experimentation, I had no reason to believe that there'd be anything different about the village just because it's night as opposed to morning, noon, or evening. There could be a prompt near the start of the game once you get MC to finish cleaning the mansion & after her first night to hint to the players that there will be differences at different times of the day, but i digress that's just me.

There are other games, not that I can list one from the top of my head it's been awhile, but they do also have a day/ night time cycle mechanic where you can expect there to be something different happening at different times of the day, mostly because a prompt pops up telling you that you can find Character "X" down by the pond mid-day afternoon and such, you know what I mean? Some games generally do tell the player they can find things by exploring.

And having a tent by the village didn't necessarily drop any hints about that either, any other player would've just assumed that because you couldn't enter the village with clothes on that it was just a quicker player-friendly spot for the player to change between wearing an outfit or going nude because just directly below is a freezing swampland place that tells the player they need to wear clothes or else they freeze. So of course the convenient tent being there to almost any player would just assume that it's there in case the player needed to access either the swamp or the village for a particular reason.

I held some assumptions that there would be ghosts in the village. I just figured that I was missing or accidentally skipped an event trigger to have any interactions with them. I'm an old-school type of gamer, I tend to explore everything if I'm able to anyways, so exploration isn't a problem for me.

Dec 2, 2022
It's called exploration, not experimentation, I had no reason to believe that there'd be anything different about the village just because it's night as opposed to morning, noon, or evening. There could be a prompt near the start of the game once you get MC to finish cleaning the mansion & after her first night to hint to the players that there will be differences at different times of the day, but i digress that's just me.

There are other games, not that I can list one from the top of my head it's been awhile, but they do also have a day/ night time cycle mechanic where you can expect there to be something different happening at different times of the day, mostly because a prompt pops up telling you that you can find Character "X" down by the pond mid-day afternoon and such, you know what I mean? Some games generally do tell the player they can find things by exploring.

And having a tent by the village didn't necessarily drop any hints about that either, any other player would've just assumed that because you couldn't enter the village with clothes on that it was just a quicker player-friendly spot for the player to change between wearing an outfit or going nude because just directly below is a freezing swampland place that tells the player they need to wear clothes or else they freeze. So of course the convenient tent being there to almost any player would just assume that it's there in case the player needed to access either the swamp or the village for a particular reason.

I held some assumptions that there would be ghosts in the village. I just figured that I was missing or accidentally skipped an event trigger to have any interactions with them. I'm an old-school type of gamer, I tend to explore everything if I'm able to anyways, so exploration isn't a problem for me.
Then you didn't read the games notifications during the tutorial where it says that things might be different right? Why would the cycle be there if nothing ever changed?

May 9, 2020
Then you didn't read the games notifications during the tutorial where it says that things might be different right? Why would the cycle be there if nothing ever changed?
As far as I was concerned the place was just empty and there was no reason to bother.

You know what would prompt a player to explore that specific place at night? MC going to bed at night and hearing what sounds like a festival going on so that the player can be interested in figuring out what the source of the noise is that keeps the MC up at night.

Some small hints like that aren't a big deal but like I said, it will be easy to miss for the average RPGM player.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
so... the game is dead?
No real reason to assume that, since it's a hobby project and it's only been about two months since the dev last posted. They may have posted something more recently in their Discord, but I can't check since the invite link is expired. Someone who's already in might be able to tell you.

Reactions: fuckingweeb1025

DarkWolf12

Jul 3, 2017
No real reason to assume that, since it's a hobby project and it's only been about two months since the dev last posted. They may have posted something more recently in their Discord, but I can't check since the invite link is expired. Someone who's already in might be able to tell you.
Grim's last message on discord was about a month ago. Said they'd been in the hospital for a bit and had just gotten discharged and was resting. Nothing since then. Don't think it's dead as of yet, but something's clearly happening with them right now.

SameUser1

Jun 4, 2023
Cursed Estate v0.3 Compressed (Untested)

Win 1.1 GB/396 MB :
, (152 Webm)

hi5kba

Apr 23, 2021
not dead. dev is doing it in his free time as so far he has limited time and it'd a hobby for them

Dec 2, 2022
So anyone have any news?
News is that they haven't posted in like 6 months. On patreon or anywhere else I looked. Discord members who know him IRL say that he was hospitilized at some point and dealing with what comes after as well as possibly university and other real life things. Either way the actual dev being unable to communicate with people since May is not great.

• Sad
Reactions: EonKain

k2ren

Jun 13, 2023
is this abandoned? his patreon page is empty (as a free user at least) for 7months now

7ucK

Jun 14, 2020
question: is this game about yuri/lesbian only, if not is there like a male figure who dominate her?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
question: is this game about yuri/lesbian only, if not is there like a male figure who dominate her?
There are dudes. I think pretty much all of them are technically avoidable, but there are some entire side quests you'd have to skip.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes