RPGM - Completed - Cursed Armor [v2.50] [Wolfzq]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Salminar

I've been patreon supporter for this game a few years ago cause I was enjoying it and the base story about the demon king/queen. The translation was poor, the game short but there was so much more promised.

And with time I was bored with 2 things, update after update the game became worst and worst, more grind for nothing, side quest extremely long with poor Hscenes with the same animation looping for hours and only uninspired text telling you what is supposed to be hot.
    And the second annoying thing was being insulted in my mails twice a month because the author wasn't making enough money or he saw a pirated version of his game on internet.

Yeah this second part was probably the most annoying, instead of receiving patch notes, or telling you what was supposed to be in next update, you were being told how a piece of shit you were for paying for his content. Oh and the patch notes when you had the chance to get one was in full Chinese, yeah the author used google to translate his insults, but the important texts, it was soo complicated.

So in the end I removed my support and come to see the new versions here, just to see how it was always becoming more grindy, for very poor content added and always the same 8 arts from the start, the only added after that were outfits you had to pay for every month LOL.

If you want to learn how to ruin a promising game, ask the author.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

wahnsinn

Poor translation combined with high-concept mechanics makes this rather unenjoyable.
    I've played some games with worse translation - but they didn't rely on text as much, and so it was (sometimes) forgivable. Not the case here. Pass.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Destroyer321

Many people complain that the game is grindy. I don't mind grindy games as I can sit through it and play it all day. Though I see the point that others try to make for this game. It is somewhat unnecessarily grindy just to get short lived scenes. When you check the guides to this game, you'll see why. Especially when you're trying to see one of the bad endings. Best to save whenever you feel a part is going to lead into scenes you can't undo. There are difficulty settings as well. There are higher quality games than this game, I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt.

However, the main problem I have with this is the dialogue and the translations that isn't very well written. It's about an inexperienced woman adventurer that suddenly stumbled upon a cursed armor while she was doing her quest. The story is self explanatory as she tries to find a way to remove it. Along the way, she struggles to fight a corrupt world filled with monsters (those monsters include evil humans too). Or your character succumbs/embrace to the world depending on the player's choice.

In conclusion, the cgs are great, animation and drawings are not bad though outdated. Repetitive grinds/scenes you can generally just skip (some takes hundreds to complete and earn titles or endings). The devs for this game is clearly going for a weak protagonist that gets into a lot of trouble. Which explains the lack of choice you as a player make in comparison to Legend of the Sword Maiden, when you are playing as a powerful character. As a game though, it suffers. I'm willing to look over that as I have not completed this game yet. Generous 4/5. It's not a perfect game by all means, I will make my final rating when I complete it.

8/5/2023 EDIT:
    You can only progress by having your character get raped. There's nearly no more options than that which is why Legend of the Sword Maiden is a slight improvement of this game and the story too.

WIP EDIT...
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v2.50

Ya like to grind? How about a bit more grind? And a little bit a of grind on top of that?

Yea no, this game is a pointless grind, unsatisfying combat and a below average story and characters. If there is one thing that does redeem this game then it is the dress up mechanic, one of the best games when it comes to clothing choice and having a choice on how the MC looks. Yet if there is one thing that claps this game in the nuts, then it the sexual scenes, its all the same with different text and very mid art.

Overall a very unsatisfying game that could have so much more then it currently is.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Bondage Queen

Disclosure: I haven't beaten the game or even gotten very far into it.

I don't like rating a game I haven't beaten, but this game... I've tried three separate times to get into it, and I've ended up quitting every time. I'm someone who loves bondage, slavery, domination, etc, and this game had a pretty good focus on those elements, yet despite that I can't enjoy it. Why is that? Well:

- The environments are generic and boring.
    - The story is generic and boring.
    - The gameplay is generic and boring.
    - Frustrating moments.
    - The eponymous cursed armor itself, is both confusing and unnecessary.

To go into a bit more depth on the last two. Frustrating moments... You see a bandit walking around, and decide to fight the bandit. Why wouldn't you - bandits are typical early game enemies in a lot of games. Surprise, he two-shots you without giving any chance to escape (or maybe you pressed escape and it failed). You immediately get a long unskippable cutscene of being put on a slave ship and sold to a slave town. And it's going to take a LONG time to grind your way out of slavery. It's not even very hot either, just annoying. All because you got two-shot by a random ass enemy for no reason. And this kind of thing just happens sometimes.

As for the armor itself... I don't even really get why its in the game. If you start the game on 'normal,' it immediately sets the armor to the highest evolution, completely invalidating the core mechanic of leveling up the armor through sex events. Why does it do this? Well, because when the armor starts at base level (this happens on Hard difficulty) then the game becomes 100x grindier. So basically the dev didn't know how to properly balance the game. I also couldn't understand the mimicry gimmick, which transforms the armor into other equipment, and I never could figure out how to equip underwear or whether that was even possible (you need to equip certain underwear for at least one quest I saw). It's just confusing and pointless.

As for the h-content... it seems fine. Nothing special, and to me not worth slogging through the uninspired gameplay. There's some battlefuck, which is always nice, but its fairly minimal (heroine doesn't actually change pose when it happens).

Maybe the game gets better later on, idk. But I kind of doubt it.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Suncatcher42

I figured I'd pick this up because the art seems good and it looked like the sort of 'naive young woman slow learns to enjoy being a slut' storyline that I've enjoyed a few times in the past, with an added bonus of gradually unlocking demonic sex magic.

Started up the 'normal' mode because that's usually how the game is meant to be played, and as soon as I got through the prologue, immediately after an extended explanation of how your first time is important so the demon in the heroine's new crown would prevent anybody from penetrating her vaginally until she asked for it, I get locked into a cutscene where the heroine suddenly drops all resistance and begs the demon to fuck her, which catapults her corruption level up to 6000. This in turn jumps through like three separate scenes of the armor upgrading in a row with no gap between them, completely removing what had seemed like a major plot point about the crown weakening her until she either unlocked its real power or found a way to remove it and granting a whole mess of abilities that it really seems like I should have been unlocking and adjusting to one at a time.

This didn't seem narratively satisfying to me, more like a mode the devs added later as an afterthought because people were complaining that the story took too long to develop or something? So I thought back to where the difficulty selection screen talked about how in hard mode you start as a virgin. Maybe that would give more of a gradual descent, where I could actually see what any of the intervening steps were like, instead of speedrunning it? Sure I'll probably have to grind like heck to get through the challenges without that +1000 to everything that the upgraded armor granted, but I'm patient. So I start a new save file, skip through the prologue, and arrive at the beginning of the game again... with all my stats reduced to 1s and 2s. I quickly determine that this prevents me from inflicting any damage at all and means that I die in one hit to the lowest level monsters in the first area, but I saw some mercenaries to hire earlier, so I figure I probably need to earn enough money to hire them, and rely on the help of my new friends to carry me through the first few levels. It's an interesting starting point for the quest, and I'm starting to enjoy myself. I find a normal job, do a little minigame to earn a modest amount of coin and enough exp to hit level 2, and feel like I'm on my way to something great.

It's nighttime and I can't find much else to do, so I head over to the bathhouse to spend a little bit of my earnings relaxing, expecting maybe a couple exhibition points or a peeping scene or some light yuri. Instead, as soon as I leave the water I get hit with a completely unavoidable and unpredictable hardcore vaginal rape scene out of nowhere. There were no choices during the event, and no way around it other than to never go into the bathhouse in the first place. So I reload to a little while before that, decide to look around outside to see what options I have... and get ambushed by a bandit 40 times my level, raped, kidnapped, and shipped off to a foreign slave market to be raped continually for several months in game, and where I'd have to spend about ten hours of real-world time grinding to get free and return to the actual plot.

Translation is not terrible but not good either; I expected better based on the budget on display, lots of places where 'feels too good' comes out as 'becomes too comfortable' and similar, but nothing that you won't be able to figure out. Art, from what I've seen of it, is pretty great.

If you enjoy games where you have absolutely no agency and are effectively just a passive observer to deeply unpleasant things happening to somebody else, you'll probably enjoy this. If you prefer games where you can actually make choices and do things, for good or ill, you'll probably want to give it a pass.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Alma_Elma

I played it a long time ago, not remember it beside that i tried it before, i decided to give it a go again.
    This game deminded me why I have such a hard time finding FMC games to my taste.
    Before everything, I have my own wants in a FMC game, which, if you look into the "mainstream" flow of FMC games, clearly isn't the norm.

This game feels a bit like Karryn's Prison sexuality wise, meaning if you want to do anything, 99% of time it's slavery, rape, hypnosis, seldom are the moments where you actually take the lead.
    So why am I rating this game and Karryn's Prison, and not all those other FMC games ? (beside the obvious shitty short ones with clearly no effort)
    Because those games feels like you SHOULD be able to take the lead, karryn's prison to do anything sexual yourself, you have to be raped that way 20 times if I can remember correctly, so much for being strong eh.
    Here, you can often start a quest and end up being fucked silly under hypnosis, raped and everything, without really having the choice to just stop that questline.
    I know it's not common taste, if it was, there would be a lot more dominant FMC.

This review is mostly for the few people that will discover it this late, hoping to be able to dominate people, you wont, even if you are a prospect to becoming the succubus queen, apparently a succubus can only be raped and not take any lead herself.
    Also, I feel like sometimes i can't tell if i'm reading a MTL part or "decently" translated one.

(And also, no, it's not because she's enjoying being raped or being abused or anything that it changes anything for me, it's made to be "pseudo"-rape, which always felt silly to me)

I would rate this lower, but ultimately it's my own opinion and I know i'm not in the norm, the games has a lot of content and right off the bat to it's name, which is a good point, the rpg aspect is pretty bad, even if people would argue they're not here for it, it's still in the game so it's doesn't change that it's badly designed at the very least.

But hey, if you don't have the same taste as me, then go on and try it, don't stop my review from trying it yourself, it's just not for me.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

abao

Amazingly good art. I'm not joking, the standing picture is better than most of the CGs you can find on this site, and being a standing picture, it can easily accommodate things like costume mix and match, body conditions etc.

Probably the best forced content I've ever played. The gameplay absolutely matches the narration, and it's part of the mechanics to boot. You can't find a more immersive experience of rape anywhere else, not only is it not game over rape, it dynamically alters your character state in ways that both helps and hinders you.

Sadly, everything is hidden behind a gigantic wall of grind. It's such a shame that you know there's great content here but you can't actually get to it within a reasonable timeframe, even with some basic cheats.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

VictorDoUrden

As a hentai RPGM game this is 8/5 but for the disgusting academy shitshow I remove half for that alone. It is easily de facto the worst part of the game. A painful chore and unlike any other part of the game it solo contains all the worst of the worst things in the game that make all the sex slave abuse, sm torture look like happy time butterflies and rainbows. Cant drop it partway... can't leave the area... can't use your items... if a mistake is made your ass better got a fucking save to start all over. I could go on and on but ill stop there. and if not for the academy fucking shitshow then triggers that sometime don't happen which is god damned infuriating

This is the only RPGM game that I've ever actually got fully into. The selection of activities is great and how much of it is consensual make it perfection . Scenes are a plenty and a lot are worth going through. Seeing the first scenes of any sort don't take a painfully long time to get.

Edit After playing a bunch of games and looking for other similair stuff it makes me sad that this is the best ero RPGM ever made it seems like. Yes like all others it has failings but overall this is the greatest. Sexual context is great. Actually one of the few games in general worth playing on generally speaking worthless new game+. Plays well. Reads out well. Don't look like total shit or like it was drawn in msPaint
    . I know some people got low standards but fucking hell I can literally draw better with my feet drunk then the lowest of the ultra low tier shit you can find. Not looking like ass is step one for a good eroge. Cursed Armor has ascetically pleasing interspecies and bestiality, it's wonderfully done!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

M.Ed

Absolutely great and arousing game with serious drawbacks.

This is a great game for lovers of: Slave, humiliation, rape, whoring, BDSM, bestiality, degradation and cosplay.

I started the game with some pre given save and went outside naked and got arrested. I got in prison where I had to feed off blowing prison guards, had to endure gang rape and became the sex slave of the prison warden.

Great start :) Later there also was a whole slave path.

So far the great.

The drawbacks are:

- Pixel graphic acion with very ugly hentai/manga drawn art. Do not get this for great looking scenes, get it for the arousing events and developments.

- As in most RPG games there is a lot of grinding (for example to get out of prison, to advance as slave or to become the wife of your stallion)

But if you don't mind meagre art or you like pixel art and are into the mentioned themes, I can fully recommend this. If you want kinky action straight away, get naked and arrested or get beaten by a bandit on campaign map.

Using the cheat engine is highly recommended if you just want sex action. It is good.

Have fun
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Zapdosmoltres1

It is a great game, but don't try it if you have a problem with R*pe as the main H-content, because it is pretty much unavoidable in this game, if you are fine with it and 1000s of the other fetishes it touches, its days worth of fapping material.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Neptrone

PROS
    + Good story
    + Good CG art
    + Good gameplay mechanics
    + Good BMG
    + Good MC
    + Lot of costume
    + Good scene
    + Good OST

CONS
    - repetitive in some way
    - Overpowered final boss
    - annoying plot twist
    remember this is after the update !
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Cofman

I can't tell it's a bad game, but i dislike those games, where you definitely, without a choice, will be raped or forced to do dirty things. What if I want to play as a brave and pure hero or heroine in worlds full of lust ? I'd like to have a choice. It's a subjctive but pure and honest opinion.
    But anyway I like graphics and animations in this game.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Miacis

Very promising at the start, the game ends up being a money grab from patreon supporters. It's buggy, messy, narrative doesn't go very well with game mechanics like you have it in almost any other H-RPG... At least the art is there? Not really worth your time unless you can play it in Japanese. No wonder translation is screwed for such a game.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

DrGrigor

This game have a huge amount of content.. oooh boy.. when I said big.. the amount is really enormous.

However, the huge downside with a game with such an enormous amount of content come with enormous amount of bug as well. One of the bug I encounter is there is absolutely no guard or any npc that is selling item at the prison. Been looking at every nook & corner, absolutely nothing about it.

If you wondering why I go to prison, it is to unlock a skill. Hoo boy, little did I know you need your lust to be under 5k according to the wiki. So, how am I suppose to unlock it when the lust goes beyond it? I even try the item that suppose to remove it, but to no avail.

Seems like the game could punish you very hard for missing or overshot what you been doing. This is only a few, another serious problem is the grinding. Masturbation title require 500? Say hello to carpal tunnel if you trying to unlock it.

My hand literally get destroy for even trying to unlock public toilet title, since I have to go to the public bathhouse & do it several times, with each only increase the count by 1-3.

I literally give up trying. I do hope there is someone who could just provide a 100% full save for me, it save me the pain especially my wrist from playing it.

Great CG for sure, but gameplay wise it isn't.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

Note: My “review” is general overview of a game and with heavy weight on how much I enjoyed it rather than “critical/objective” rating. In another words my “review” is PERSONAL ENJOYMENT + a bit of “critical” rating/comments.

PROs:
    +lot of scenes
    +interesting mechanics (choices, statistics fluff, visual fluff)
    +interesting outfitting system
    +many odd and interesting kinks
    +fair enough scenes
    +pleasant CG
    +a lot of routes, endings, quests
    +fair bit of gameplay (whilst most is more of story adventure with some combat)

CONs:
    -confusing and awkward translation
    -incoherent scenes and route stories
    -lot of routes and scenes are rather pain to get
    -lack of attachment makes this lewd game rather underwhelming (lewds become that much of statistics that you just don't even care about lewds anymore..)

Comments:
    It's not a bad game. I did enjoy the MC, all the various kinks, interesting mechanics and plenty of great lewd scenes. The whole passives in inventory, curses and so on is rather nice. But it simply felt that most of stuff just became visual text or statistics fluff where pretty much a lot lewds lost their value. Also the really awkward translation didn't make it any better.

Long story short... I got bored of the game and it lost it's charm for me. Managed to do few routes.. but after a while I can't be just bothered.

6/10
    DROPPED
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Whiskeyfrisky

A lot of fun. The game revolves around a sorceress who's lost all her fire power forcing her to rely on twisted sex magic and mercenaries. Lot's of humiliation and fetishy stuff. yay!

It's a top-down rpg-maker style game but with lots of unique assets and in combat you have abilities that can force enemies into using sexual attacks only making it much more interesting than the usual turn-based grindfest.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Queen of the Dolls

I started the game, looked around the city for a bit and accepted a quest before i wandered into the woods to gather herbs.
    Apperently I wandered too far.
    I met a bandit, lost the fight, got raped and sent to a slave camp.
    Fair enough, it is after all that kind of game, but the amount of grind you need to do just to survive, let alone escape is ridiculous.
    I spent around twelve hours on getting out only to get arrested for public nudity when I finally got back to the city, and then I got sent to prison.
    A prison with the same amount of ridiculous grind, and a simple two day incarceration turns into another ten hours of gametime just to survive.
    Then you stand there at the last day and refuse to show up for release because you would rather fuck the guard, gets another day in jail as a "reward" and the same thing happens over and over.
    Not by choice, but as a part of the game design.

At that point I was ready to throw my laptop out the window.

It had every potential to be a great game. but it is not.
    It is overly grindy, on everything.
    The "hints" on quest are not helpful at all. I need to find this or that is not useful when you are already looking.
    There are to many forced decisions made only to prolong the game.
    It is all over the place, and feels like it tries to cater to all fetishes know to man.
    It also feels really greedy with the constant reminders that this and that are for Patreons only, and I left it with a feeling of annoyment rather than joy.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

This game is dense and completely unapproachable.

Mandatory rape around every corner, tons of complicated features piled on all at once, can't win combat but they won't say where mercenaries are - its official.

If you can look past all that, there's 20 hours of gameplay and hentai scenes waiting for you. The problem is, how will you access them? And actually, it seems like many of them are mandatory!

Why does the game have a "sex stats" menu, when you the player are forced into sex so many times! You have no real influence over sex stats, it feels all predetermined!

Excuse my language, but this game is a clusterfuck. It feels like it was made without clear game design goals in mind. Its disjointed, the story is strange and not interesting, its all just one big waste of time.

If I wanted random sex without reason, I'd open up pornhub. We play these games for fun features and more freedom in getting to sex. This game has neither of those things.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
  20. 4.00 star(s)

TheColdBurn

The art for this game is to notch, the integration of the sex with actual game mechanics is refreshing to see in an H game alongside both a somewhat interesting story, decent gameplay and good quest design create a solid game of the h variety . That said the game is rather grindy, which is a point against it, and the translation is far from perfect which together prevent it from earning a 5/5 in my book. Still a very good h-game, just not perfect by any means.