3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I just want to clarify that i'm only saying the dev is within his rights to use whatever engine he wants to, I am in no way defending this engine choice.

I do agree that the engine is absolute dog shit. My issue, I can load saves but after a couple of clicks the picture vanishes so it's totally unplayable for me.

I know the dev has issues with Ren'py but I doubt this engine will win anyone over.

We've had 3 updates now and all of them have been bug riddled shit shows. If this is what the dev classes as his best and how he wants to present his game, that's great for him, all the power to him.

I did hope he'd figure it out, it's been several months now and it's just getting worse. I won't demand he change his engine to suit my needs but I do believe i'm done trying this out. It's more frustration and very little fun when I have to go through several reloads to get through one scene and repeat that every time it transitions.

Reactions: Morph

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Just out of curiosity... Are there any Cuntswell $10+ Patreon supports knocking around?
I'm curious what is different between the the normal and "special edition" versions?

Is it the side story about Dalia and her mom?

If you're worried drawing a straight line between your F95zone userid and your PatreonID ... PM me instead, rather than replying here.

Thanks.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
I just saw this on Patreon

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to send me feedback and bug reports in the last few days. There are a couple of nasty ones that I'm working on right now. I'm also going to be making a big announcement, probably tomorrow, about the future direction of CA and Virtual Indecency in general. Don't worry, it's something that I'm sure you'll all approve of. :)

Reactions: bacchusplateau

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I just saw this on Patreon
The thing is though, the save problem has been around since the games initial release (and is why I stopped playing this for a few updates, because I wanted to give the game time to work out the bugs). So the fact it's been this way for months and the creator is just now looking into it makes me worried.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
...Is there any way of decoding those files ? To maybe make an emulator for it in RenPy.
I got bored yesterday and began porting the intro to renpy. Of course then I see the dev dropped a lead that he may be switching engines. It is very no frills and only the intro portion is finished thus far, I have begun the rest but may hold off for whatever announcement the dev has coming. I could upload it to google if anyone is interested in the meantime.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
The thing is though, the save problem has been around since the games initial release [...]
I think I've been a bit more forgiving about that, since I was actively patching the code to his previous game.

He freely admits that he swapped from RenPy to VNM because he's not a programmer. So when he continues to run into programming level errors, it doesn't overly surprise me that it takes a while address. Especially with the artificial constraint of a Patreon release schedule... where you can spend a week trying to understand some obscure bit of code... or you can do 200 renders and some story and ignore that bug a little while longer. If he were aware of it at all (standard programming logic: it works on mine, so it must work for everyone else).

He's also not a full time developer, since he's already got a job. So my impression is that he spends his free time coding and rendering, rather than hanging around on websites. When he is online, he'll be talking to a small subset of his Patreons rather than coming to sites like this.

But mainly, my logic is this: 99% of us writing in an engine like VNM would be hard pressed to break a working save/load screen. So if it's not working... I have to assume that says more about VNM than it does about the author. I'm not suggesting he might not have altered something and broken it... I'm just suggesting that if that did happen... VNM makes is easy to break and really hard to fix for someone who's background isn't programming.

Let's hope that his announcement today makes all that a non-issue anyway. His most are talking a lot about bug reports and feedback. He even says that in a very long and detailed comment. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: botc76 and pgm_01

MegaNZ

Jun 9, 2018
I really do enjoy the game and hope the future changes will fix the issues that are bogging this game down. I'll bide my time and wait it out.

U

User_130505

So, another week or so, and the Ren'py version will be released with all of the first three chapters..

A quote from the devs message/
"I'm going to spend a day or two going over the code and making some very minor changes to the look and feel. I'm planning on releasing the first three chapters of Cuntswell Academy, ported to to Ren'Py, to all $5+ patrons by the end of this week at the absolute latest. I should be able to have the first two chapters $1/$2 patrons and the general public ready around the same time. "

Note to mods
Since he says by the end of the week he will be releasing the ren'py version, wouldn't it be a good idea to post in the original thread a warning, so that others won't waste their time trying to play a game that is buggy, and no longer going to be continued in that format by the dev.

Reactions: botc76

Underdog78

Jul 16, 2017
Happy to have received THAT message....I was about to completely stop playing this game after the third update kept crashing again. :)

U

User_10739

Uploaded CH. 3 Ren'Py version, updated OP and here's my "squashed like bug" (compressed) edition.

Lossy compression is used. (means some, image/audio/video quality may be reduced to make files smaller)

Cuntswell Academy [Ch. 3][Virtual Indecency] - Original Size: (852MB)

Squashed Download - PC (78MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes