VN Ren'Py Cultural Replay: A Culture Shock Fanwork [v0.32] [Palos69]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Is it okay to open donations to pay for a software license to upscale and color balance renders?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmmt

May 8, 2020
OK...I understand the whole "step" thing alright? Except Sunny is introduced as your TWIN sister, then suddenly she is your STEP sister????? How does THAT happen? She's either your twin, or your step, but not physically possible to be both.

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
OK...I understand the whole "step" thing alright? Except Sunny is introduced as your TWIN sister, then suddenly she is your STEP sister????? How does THAT happen? She's either your twin, or your step, but not physically possible to be both.
Where are you seeing that in the game? How they refer to each other should change based on whether the toggle is enabled or not.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
exception.png

sitting at the dining room table discussing Marcus party invite, Sunny says "That's so not fair" and then this.

and after Liza says "And how's the man of the house?"

1713730213837.png

and again on the next screen.....I do have the WT mod from the OP installed. Gonna try it w/o the mod, see if it matters

Last edited:
Reactions: Palos69

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Where are you seeing that in the game? How they refer to each other should change based on whether the toggle is enabled or not.

right at the very beginning when you are going thru the naming convention.

I disabled NTR, enabled INCEST

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Looking at the gallery I realized I missed 2 scenes: Sofia giving BJs to both Marcus and the MC at the end of the party; an a scene in a só called neutral route where the mom remembers havung sex. How can I get them?
BETA route, 2 Sophie Like points before the end scene, and you can't kiss her in one of the rounds.

That last scene isn't in my version of the game. It was either added by the mod or it's a bug. I did get an error when I clicked on neutral on my version, though. So thanks for pointing this out, it'll get addressed by the next release.
View attachment 3562625

sitting at the dining room table discussing Marcus party invite, Sunny says "That's so not fair" and then this.

and after Liza says "And how's the man of the house?"

and again on the next screen.....I do have the WT mod from the OP installed. Gonna try it w/o the mod, see if it matters
Yeah, that sounds like mod issues, but let me know. I checked the line of code it's talking about and in my released version it's "if persistent.showNtr" and it's on a completely different line.

And I'll try your steps and see if I can replicate.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Guide is also enabled. so

ON: Guide and INCEST
OFF: NTR

also if it matters: Start new game
and ALPHA Route

EDIT: Mod issue...w/o the mod, I've gone thru to where the MC meets Sophie in Marcus' driveway without issues. Though the beginning naming thing with "this is your twin sister", and "this is your step sister" is still present.

Last edited:

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Guide is also enabled. so

ON: Guide and INCEST
OFF: NTR

also if it matters: Start new game
Yeah, I'm not seeing it in the source code for the release and can't replicate it. I'm not sure how the mod works. If it works by replacing an entire file, than I would assume that you're seeing a bug in the mod.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
dmmt...yes, source of my handle is because I often overlook the 1st basic step.

Game version: 0.32
Mod Version linked in the OP (pg 6) 0.3

Mod hasnt been updated.

Reactions: Palos69

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Does this get rid of all the dream sequences and turn them into actual encounters that happen?

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Posting here because I think it's interesting.

Here's some full image generation examples from an over-trained, burned out earlier model:

00054-3868004209.png 00454-2043810409.png 00453-2043810408.png 00205-2097618828.png

Now that I know a little more, the newer models do a lot better:

00281-2956780101.png 00274-3061807671.png

I'm sorry to say that I don't think this tech is capable of creating entire scenes without a great deal of luck and probably days of wasted work, but it was an interesting experiment.

Model use for expression changes still seems valid, though.

grid-0009.png grid-0007.png

grid-0005.jpg grid-0009.jpg

Reactions: D Dog and Ruhrok

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CulturalReplayACultureShockFanwork-0.32
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
I get a lot of private messages on this site, so I made a Discord if that's easier/more comfortable for people. I'll still respond here like I normally do, so no pressure.

EDIT: Mod issue...w/o the mod, I've gone thru to where the MC meets Sophie in Marcus' driveway without issues. Though the beginning naming thing with "this is your twin sister", and "this is your step sister" is still present.
I was able to replicate your issue finally. The backend code of the incest toggle allows rollbacks that can revert the change, but the toggle will still show as "Enabled". It can be fixed by turning off the toggle and then turning it back on. Thanks for pointing that out. Let me know if you want to be credited in the change log.

edit: I've fixed the bug. It will be included in the next release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chemish

Chemish

Sep 12, 2018
I get a lot of private messages on this site, so I made a Discord if that's easier/more comfortable for people. I'll still respond here like I normally do, so no pressure.

I was able to replicate your issue finally. The backend code of the incest toggle allows rollbacks that can revert the change, but the toggle will still show as "Enabled". It can be fixed by turning off the toggle and then turning it back on. Thanks for pointing that out. Let me know if you want to be credited in the change log.

edit: I've fixed the bug. It will be included in the next release.
This link is expired.

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
A Good Samaritan gave me a license to the software I wanted. I’m not 100% sure if it’s legit or not, but it works.

The first upscaled renders will be in the next update for the intro and first day. Depending on the response, I may do more.

This link is expired.
Thanks for letting me know.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote