• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Creating new games or pitching concept

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
Most interior doors in the usa have a tiny round hole that you could fit a thin metal rod into and push on it. It'll move a sliding pin that unlocks the door. Most people unravel paperclips and put it in there. It's covered by the pin that unlocks the door so you cannot see through it at all. In fact, most newer doors have what looks like a flat version of a lock with a slot in it. We usually keep coins to put in the slot to turn the knob. So in most of America, we don't understand the "peeking through the lock" thing. :p
We just unlock the door and walk right in!!! :D
Hah, yeah, I wondered about that. The bathroom doors here can all be locked (But even then you can sorta peep through them) so being able to just walk in on people who presumably don't want you to walk in on them is a bit odd to me, as a central european.

I don't know what sorts of indoor locks are common in the former soviet zone, or in france, spain, or in england, or scandinavia. Based on the russian games, I would presume room doors have neither lock nor keyhole, yet google picture search suggests sliding doors are an actual thing for bedrooms in russia. Sliding doors would probably have a hook to lock them shut though, and this would also allow for peeping.

So lets see if we can get a "Peeping around the world" thread going!

Haexoi

Apr 12, 2017
I started my journey a few months back. Learning ren'py was easy but I have spent most of this time perfecting my images in daz studio and gimp. I had hoped to have my first demo out several weeks back, but I gained access to better hardware which meant learning to work well with iRay as opposed to 3Delight(two different rendering engines within Daz). For me, the trade off in time vs quality was worth it. You don't want your game to suddenly and dramatically change appearance half way through production. Likewise, you don't want to have to later remaster scenes already made. Finally - first impressions are important. I *HIGHLY* recommend taking the time to master your craft with your art before you jump deep into development.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: GQ1NYC

GQ1NYC

Jul 21, 2017
As a fellow newbie to game making; I can tell you ren'py is really easy to use and has clear tutorials. But I am curious to see how Unity works.
I'm interested in using the Ren'Py format as I like games used by those. I want to be able to create the interaction of having the guy talk to the girl and she request an item. He then has to find item in order to trigger the scene. Also would like to incorporate some success and fail options.

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
You'd be hard pressed to find a modern locksmith that could pick some 100+ year old locks.
You mean, "couldn't"? You know there are lockpicking competitions and some obscure locks from 100+ year old buildings that were torn down are the stuff they have regularly there. Not saying all locksmiths are great at picking locks, but they'd know how to pick the most common ones still. There's a reason modern locks are the way they are: Because locksmiths going to such lockpicking competitions tried to develop one that couldn't easily be beaten. I don't think there's a lock that can't be picked in under 5 seconds by the right guy.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017

This post might help you out if you want to make your own game :)

Reactions: GQ1NYC