Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024
No I mean healthy for the relationship, and for you as a person. If you are in a relationship and they feel like they can't joke with you then that sounds like an awful relationship.
There is a very large gap between joke and disrespect, and I don't expect the kind of "disrespect" will go beyond something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think the character who I would be worried about actually disrespecting the MC would be Catherine.

" I like my slaves submissive and meek, though ^^ " I don't think the MC would share this sentiment, even with the character who he literally calls his slave, he is considerate of her wishes.
View attachment 3655563
The MC clearly cares about his women, and wouldn't want them to feel like they have to walk on eggshells while he is around

sorry, I don't really get the scene you showed in the spoiler

jokes are fine of course, but if the joke has the boyfriend as the butt it can become problematic, as girls have the tendency to test their guy with stuff like that, and if you accept it too often it can become more and more disrespectful as they often test your boundaries. don't really want to go into details why

I don't mind joking once in a while about my own shortcomings, it may help to keep one humble, but if others do it it smells of disrespect which I never enjoy - especially not from a gf

If a girl is submissive and meek it makes me treat her especially well, as I now have more responsibility over her wellbeing, no?

Cosy has an awesome view on relationships. I have no worries, really.

cool name btw. (y)

ProtoJoto

Aug 25, 2021
Genuine question, why does the version numbering scheme matter that much?
For much the same reason that a street numbering system matters: it allows one to know their position relative to other points. In game terms, it lets one know how much of the game is available, and how much is yet to come. The version numbering schemes where 1.0 marks completion are excellent in this regard, but they only work when the dev has a complete outline to start with.

Cosy Cafe's updates should probably be called Chapters, rather than whatever bastard scheme is currently being employed.

toyohew900

Dec 12, 2020
sorry, I don't really get the scene you showed in the spoiler

jokes are fine of course, but if the joke has the boyfriend as the butt it can become problematic, as girls have the tendency to test their guy with stuff like that, and if you accept it too often it can become more and more disrespectful as they often test your boundaries. don't really want to go into details why

I don't mind joking once in a while about my own shortcomings, it may help to keep one humble, but if others do it it smells of disrespect which I never enjoy - especially not from a gf

If a girl is submissive and meek it makes me treat her especially well, as I now have more responsibility over her wellbeing, no?
All of the girls have had really fucked up things happen to them. Victoria's father is an irresponsible gambler who even tried to sell her virginity to a loan shark (WTAF!). Sarah has terrible body image issues that make her feel like she'll never be loved. Lucy was constantly verbally and physically abused by her mother her whole life. Akatsuki has always been compared to her "genius" sister by a father with zero social awareness, and she has trouble opening up as a result. Catherine developed a princess complex and then [Redacted - 0.9 spoilers]. Hannah is being pressured into an arranged marriage with a complete asshole.

Lucy and the other girls are changing as time goes on, and they're shedding the behaviors associated with their trauma. Victoria is getting bratty; great, she's begging you to spank her constantly. Sarah still calls you an idiot; great, keep making her pay for it with spankings. Lucy is getting feisty; great, she'll love it if you pin her down and fuck her into submission once in a while. As the rest develop similar behaviors, similar opportunities arise.

Dominion is service. It's not about you, and it causes positive changes in your subs. If this were real rather than fiction and their behavior didn't change after meeting you, you would be failing as their master. With love, wisdom, and time, most lovers with trauma will transform, and it's incredible to see.

You really want to feel like a man? Let a traumatized girl submit to you, help her heal, watch with joy as she finds the courage to poke at you a bit (secure in the trust that your love is strong and you won't punish/leave her), reach the point where she doesn't need you anymore and can stand on her own, and take real comfort in the fact that she's only with you because it makes her insanely happy.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I took this opportunity to download the new update, got me some snacks and and now I'm goning to chill with this starting from day 1 again because thats how much I like it (y)

On a side note: That toilet paper still weirds me out o_O
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You have never seen the toilet paper with built in activated carbon for a "fresher clean"?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
more like someone created a new account to avoid shaming on his main?
i mean, we're having people creating double accounts, let them rot for years and then positively review games, even though those second accounts, never wrote something more articulate than a "thanks" under one oddly specific game...

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
more like someone created a new account to avoid shaming on his main?
I assume their main account has the same username as their Patreon. They're using a fake account to avoid tipping the dev off about their identity. I'd do the same tbh.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
I assume their main account has the same username as their Patreon. They're using a fake account to avoid tipping the dev off about their identity. I'd do the same tbh.
nah i'd just dm a uploader or 2 at about the half way mark to public release

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Cosy is using (properly) the literal most common software version numbering scheme on the planet, semantic versioning (a.k.a. "semver"). It's also the most common AVN version numbering scheme.

Semantic Versioning version numbers are in the format X.Y.Z
X = separate integer, resets Y and Z to 0 when it changes. Represents a major architecture change. AVNs: represents Main Content Completion.
Y = separate integer, resets Z to 0 when it changes. Represents a minor change within the same major version number. AVNs: represents a Content Update.
Z = separate integer. Represents a bugfix or patch within the same minor version. AVNs: an update with no new content. This number can be dropped when it is 0.

This game has gone through a completely normal semver version number progression:
0.1 - Content Update
0.2 - Content Update
0.3 - Content Update, plus Gallery and graphics improvement
0.4 - Content Update
0.4.1 - Bugfix/patch: no new content; reworked Day 1, added sound, added character profiles
0.5 - Content Update
0.6 - Content Update (this was not released to the public since 0.6.1 came out before public release of 0.6)
0.6.1 - Bugfix: no new content; textbox transparency
0.7 - Content Update
0.7.1 - Bugfixes: no new content
0.8 - Content Update
0.8.1 - Bugfix/patch: no new content; render quality improvement, UI updates, minor dialogue changes, music changes

Like, this is quite literally a textbook-correct usage of semver. The mistaken but pervasive assumption that the content update number is a percentage is the source of almost all misunderstandings of version numbering.
Damn. That was clear, precise, and (to a new dev) extremely useful. Thank you!

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
I'm really loving this whole conversation, and it delights me that we have an AVN that inspires discussions like this. For me, in my fantasy, I want a girl who is utterly submissive; in reality, I want a girl who is strong, knows what she wants, and if she submits it's because she gets off on it. In my fantasy I want a slave to use as I wish; in reality I want a human being with whom I relate on whatever terms we happen to connect on. Does that make sense?

As for jokes at MC's expense, it depends. Please forgive a brief story: A slave I owned for several years (great girl, we're still friends) was given a "free day" every week as part of our consensual slavery contract. This was new to me, but I went along with it. Toward the end of her first free day, she said, "How do you like it?" "Not crazy about it, to be honest, but it's okay." "Why? Have I said anything that would normally get me backhanded across the room?" "No, no. Nothing like that. It's just that I can't say, 'Get me a whiskey, bitch.'" She laughed. A couple hours later midnight hit, and I said, "Get me a whiskey." She stood up and said, "What's the magic word?" It took me a moment, because she was not a brat; she'd never did anything on purpose to get punished. But then I got it. "Bitch," I added. She grinned, nodded, and went off to get my whiskey.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I'm really loving this whole conversation, and it delights me that we have an AVN that inspires discussions like this. For me, in my fantasy, I want a girl who is utterly submissive; in reality, I want a girl who is strong, knows what she wants, and if she submits it's because she gets off on it. In my fantasy I want a slave to use as I wish; in reality I want a human being with whom I relate on whatever terms we happen to connect on. Does that make sense?

As for jokes at MC's expense, it depends. Please forgive a brief story: A slave I owned for several years (great girl, we're still friends) was given a "free day" every week as part of our consensual slavery contract. This was new to me, but I went along with it. Toward the end of her first free day, she said, "How do you like it?" "Not crazy about it, to be honest, but it's okay." "Why? Have I said anything that would normally get me backhanded across the room?" "No, no. Nothing like that. It's just that I can't say, 'Get me a whiskey, bitch.'" She laughed. A couple hours later midnight hit, and I said, "Get me a whiskey." She stood up and said, "What's the magic word?" It took me a moment, because she was not a brat; she'd never did anything on purpose to get punished. But then I got it. "Bitch," I added. She grinned, nodded, and went off to get my whiskey.
I do enjoy the fantasy, and I also enjoy being dominant in reality. However, I don't want a toy, which is what someone else described they want. I enjoy the submissiveness, but the person needs to have some sort of personality behind that submissiveness. I think this might be even more important for an adult game than reality. A toy cannot be entertaining in a game for more than a couple scenes without some sort of personality.

As for the story you told, what you've described isn't a joke directed at you're expense. That is a perfect example of harmless teasing (if done in moderation). However, the type of teasing that we've been discussing was more related to more aggressive humor, the most common one being "protag dumb".

Reactions: Burgh917

Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024

enjoy it as well

regarding your story: one thing I almost always dislike about bdsm stuff (slave in this case) is that if you look closely, the "dom" is in reality the slave, who's sole purpose is pleasing the "sub." like here. the only display of authority was the slave demanding to be called bitch.

its like bdsm just found a new cool sounding word for a submissive guy: "dom"

do you know why your fantasy wish and real life wish are so different?

4.70 star(s) 150 Votes