4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

deskitteh

Apr 6, 2018
Had a slow and unproductive stint. But rest assured, I'm working on it. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

I appreciate you even more.
Being an artist is often as scary as it is exciting because of the long dry periods that come after waterfalls of creativity. Take your time, you're doing great.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sinaxxr

Sinaxxr

Corrupting A Nun (Dev/Artist)
Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Being an artist is often as scary as it is exciting because of the long dry periods that come after waterfalls of creativity. Take your time, you're doing great.
Part of the problem is I'm still learning art. So every drawing I make, I feel like it isn't good enough so that's kind of depressing at times. And then you have the fact that I'm also learning twine and I'm also having to put together an enjoyable story. There's a lot that goes into this stuff. I find myself biting off more than I can chew sometimes and having to backpedal.

Anyway... I appreciate the understanding. I'm definitely not giving up. I like being creative. It's fun brainstorming with people on discord about story ideas. Writing jokes and dialog for the game has been my favorite part I think.

hqdefault.jpg

Sep 22, 2017
Part of the problem is I'm still learning art. So every drawing I make, I feel like it isn't good enough so that's kind of depressing at times. And then you have the fact that I'm also learning twine and I'm also having to put together an enjoyable story. There's a lot that goes into this stuff. I find myself biting off more than I can chew sometimes and having to backpedal.

Anyway... I appreciate the understanding. I'm definitely not giving up. I like being creative. It's fun brainstorming with people on discord about story ideas. Writing jokes and dialog for the game has been my favorite part I think.

View attachment 3475280
That's why when you're starting new projects it's important to keep your scope small. As fun as it is to listen to peoples' different ideas and suggestions, sometimes it's best to just say "no". Otherwise your project will balloon in scale and scope which can feed into feelings of inadequacy.

If you'd like a random person's advice, I'd suggest setting any plans for branching story, different paths, redrawing art, etc and just focusing on finishing your story first. Only draw art when needed and feel okay with it being rough or placeholder. It's much easier to keep yourself motivated when there is constant progress even if it's not at a presentable quality. Refinement can be done at a later date.

Anyway I may or may not be a little drunk so sorry if my rambling is incoherent lol

Sinaxxr

Corrupting A Nun (Dev/Artist)
Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
That's why when you're starting new projects it's important to keep your scope small. As fun as it is to listen to peoples' different ideas and suggestions, sometimes it's best to just say "no". Otherwise your project will balloon in scale and scope which can feed into feelings of inadequacy.

If you'd like a random person's advice, I'd suggest setting any plans for branching story, different paths, redrawing art, etc and just focusing on finishing your story first. Only draw art when needed and feel okay with it being rough or placeholder. It's much easier to keep yourself motivated when there is constant progress even if it's not at a presentable quality. Refinement can be done at a later date.

Anyway I may or may not be a little drunk so sorry if my rambling is incoherent lol
I've done a drunken ramble or two in my day and this was a mighty fine drunken ramble. Thank you very much. I also happen to agree with you.

Reactions: Sweetyannie

Bummenphist

Jul 21, 2018
While I mostly agree with mrjohndoelawlz, I would add only this: don't put too much time into the pervert's POV or character. Keeping him pretty blank allows the player to 'play by proxy' as it were, and from my perspective keeping the focus on the nun and how she deals with everything is far more entertaining.

I also like your artwork, and completely understand the problems you're facing. I'm trying to make a game and am just using placeholder images from whatever source I can get and worry about making proper art once the story is done.

It's also true that keeping the scope small is important, I've already made far more work for myself trying to make it on a too grand scale.

Don't get discouraged, and know that many of us are looking forward to playing your game.

xxxyyyy23

Jun 16, 2020
Yea I also think art is not that important. I mean your first release involved mostly just a cute face in a webcam as an art, and it was among the adult games I enjoyed the most here. Especially as others said you can add in the art later on, as some developers prefer.

arjunazuluna

May 25, 2018

View attachment 3475280
oh the sweet curse of perfectionism, it's perfect but it could be even more perfect

Reactions: Sinaxxr
4.80 star(s) 16 Votes