Sanctusmorti

May 25, 2018
This game is insanely complex and really engaging. It's just really daunting to try to understand everything. I've probably started 4 or 5 new loops from the beginning. Gotten pretty decent at getting to T3 breaks (and pulled off orgies) in a timely manner (as soon as like Day 23 or 24 iirc), but at that point I realize I've made a lot of sub-optimal decisions and feel compelled to restart. There's just so much to min-max. Auto-piloting with a 'break every vulnerability' mindset has probably been holding me back. I've started looking at relationships and distortions in the hope that they're the final pieces of the puzzle for the game to make sense. I just want to complete a loop and feel like I've done a good job.

The other part of it is that this thread is so huge that all the guides are hard to find...and I'm at the stage of the game where the day-by-day guides just aren't that useful anymore.

To anyone else who's in the same boat of trying to figure this out, most of my progress has come from reloading a save over and over again and trying a different approach...
my 'eureka' moment happened when I enabled cheats and just had a bit of fun with all upgrades to learn how the distortions play out, why to avoid just attempting to fully break everything etc. After a loop or two of that I could actually play the game and understand what the items really did.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Hey CsDev, a feature request that I'd love to see added eventually.. The ability to "keep" forsaken from previous campaigns. Say we're fresh in loop 1, we get one, two or all the heroines corrupted and turned into forsaken. They carry on into loops from then on, but... When the campaign ends, instead of losing them the character and their information could be stored into a separate folder (call it "Forsaken", with text/character files, or along such lines as you prefer) and carried over into future versions of the game. And even be used in new campaigns.
Generally a New Game+ style feature that's lore friendly and user friendly. That way we could also keep our favorites without needing to rebuild them and corrupt them again for each playthrough.

I know this option is already available in single runs, but it'd be nice to use forsaken acquired from either in either. And also to make this entirely optional for the people who live for the grind when starting from scratch. I like fresh starts, same as the next person, but I keep forgetting how to play in between breaks/updates, and starting from scratch while trying to relearn everything and hoping I do it all right by the finale isn't my favorite thing in the world.
Personally I know this would throw balance off a bit, but if it's an optional feature (to bring old forsaken into new campaigns), it would allow players to still train their forsaken and deploy them while in the campaign rather through singles and the main menu. Plus think of the epic update title you could include "When Worlds Collide Update"..... (title is a bonus incentive to an awesome gameplay feature)
I thought it was a fantastic thing when I got through my first single play city and got a forsaken, and then used her to terrorize the next batch... But was dismayed a bit when I found that they can't be used either for or in a new campaign at all. :c
Even a definitive "maybe" as for this feature getting added would be great. I'd be able to reach newer content much easier and contribute to late game conversations too.
This is planned as a cheat option. It'd be pretty much impossible to balance it so that the difficulty remains consistent regardless of the Forsaken roster you bring over, so it'll be up to the players to decide how strong an advantage they want to give themselves.
hey i got i bug again when i try to check forsaken stats,
The stats don't appear correctly and only a few are displayed, some even don't exist at all, but there are those who don't experience this bug, one of which is Forsaken which has a relationship with Chousen who protects a city that is being attacked but it looks like it's just luck because in the previous campaign I did too. experienced this bug and it hit everyone even those who had ties to the chousen who protected the city View attachment 3499646
View attachment 3515514

i want to report bug where i can't press continue after using capture the second time. I'm not sure if it's due to I'm using space key, it happen multiple time after I'm clearing on loop 16.
Had similar happen, though I think that the trigger for mine was when the 3rd chosen would appear.

edit: The day may change, but it was on Loop 11.
Based on where the crashes were happening, I believe I found what was causing these and should have it fixed for R53, but I'm not 100% sure. It'd still be helpful for me to be able to look at a save where the bug occurs.
Thanks! It seems to work well now
Glad to hear it!
To be blunt, I think the onboarding process isn't productive or nice either, though had I realized the devs were active and reading I would have been a lot nicer. I'm sure main dev is slamming his head into walls over writing guide #5 and seeing people still clueless.
Don't worry, you're downright civil compared to some of the posts we get in here. I agree that the game needs to give more guidance regarding what kind of value you get for a Commander with a given EE cost. It's just tricky to give a general answer for that which will be true regardless of what kind of team you're up against.

I am starting to lean more toward the answer of "provide a full playthrough from Day 1 that players can follow along with." But rather than just providing a single line through the game, I want the playthrough to branch off in order to show players that there are lots of ways to beat a given team. A common piece of feedback I often see from new players is "any deviation from the optimal path causes you to lose," and that's just not true. With all the ways that Distortions can be combined, there are plenty of possible approaches to win. But even doing a single line requires a sequence of thousands of moves, so multiplying that by a bunch of different branches will be even more work. I want the game to be very, very stable by the time I do that.
Is there any possible way to edit a save file?
Not to my knowledge. The way the save system works is just to have the playthrough information stored in an object which implements the Java Serializable interface.
Interesting, in this case could you do one of the first four distortions, discard the distortion by deliberately breaking a disqualifying vulnerability. and then proceed to get one of the final two distortions? I might try that on vanilla chosen in early loops.
Indeed, you could do that in order to double up on the achievement bonuses! However, the bonuses for the last two Distortions will require you to actually defeat the subject using the Distortion rather than just trigger it, so you won't be able to triple up by grabbing the Confidence and Dignity Total Breaks too.
I understand why the wrong T3 break don't prevent you from triggering Megalomania but being able to do the T2 too feels weird
I agree that this doesn't feel great. However, the Megalomania Distortion condition lends itself well to having a "soft" requirement that becomes a bit harder with each Confidence and Dignity Break. I'm testing this now, and if it looks good, then I'll provide further details in the next weekly post.
I´m not sure what triggered it but I´ve now experienced the game freezing a few times during clothing customization when creating a new team of chosen, specifically while toggeling areas which are covered by a piece of clothing. Oddly enough it´d unfreeze as soon as I swap between window/fullscreen but if I don´t the freeze seems to last indefinitly (Or at least more than 15 minutes). It hasn´t really been a big issue, but it´s odd enough that I thought mentioning it would be good.
I´d post a save, but at this point there litterally WAS no save yet...
If you can find a sequence of customization options that reliably causes a crash, I'd definitely appreciate seeing it. There are a lot of possible options to test here.
I have run into a minor bug. Sadly I do not have a save for it. If you start a new city and you prolong the first battle long enough that the other two chosen show up. (I managed this in a city with a 20 day limit) only the first chosen gets her intro speech.

EDIT the second intro speech triggered on the third day and the third intro was on the fifth day,
This is more of a case of missing flavor text. Once I've written up a version of the scene that takes into account when two Chosen show up for the first time on the same day, it won't be too hard to make it display in this situation.
Love this game, I started to even make a little fan art (with the help of a stable diffusion local setup, 2000+ images later I have six to share.)
It's always fun to see people creating Corrupted Saviors-related things.

Mygoodness777

Sep 20, 2018
So I've got an example of a situation I don't really understand. I started a campaign, figured out who my Chosen are and sort of stumbled into an attempted 3 distortion configuration with the intention of seeing if I can manage all 3 in one run. It doesn't really matter to me if the distortions are good or the right choice, as I've never actually completed one. With Tomorrow's Newspaper I got a nice accelerated start. Currently on Day 18 (got Networked Consciousness a few days ago) so I think I've got lots of time:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was able to break Decree's vulnerabilities first, then Hope, then Pariah, increasing order of difficulty. Pariah and Decree are acquaintances otherwise it's all friendships. Anyway, to complete the distortions it seems to require me to either get really high angst on everyone or 100K plea (for Pariah). My usual next step on previous runs when I'm done T2 vulnerabilities is to set up orgies for quick T3 breaks. Well, turns out it's really hard here because Pariah is the only one I can ramp up the EXPO, and she's got a lot of penalties for circumstance growth. I've screwed around with suppressors, defilers and punishers, and things just don't add up. I think my problem really comes back to not having enough EXPO. That's usually been the key to overpowering penalties in the past...so maybe my setup is whack?

So anyway, that's kind of where I'm at with my thought process. I've reached around this point in a lot of other runs and abandoned them...and I think it's probably coming down to just not setting up my teams properly and not understanding how the multipliers interact.

I'm curious if anyone has an idea of where I'm going wrong or what might set me on the right track.

Loki_viese

Sep 5, 2021
Based on where the crashes were happening, I believe I found what was causing these and should have it fixed for R53, but I'm not 100% sure. It'd still be helpful for me to be able to look at a save where the bug occurs.
hopefully I got the save file right. I don't know how to export save file properly so I might sent it wrong file here.

Feb 20, 2018
Here is the save file (I think it is the correct one). It is the most recent save entry, and it was in R51 (if it makes a difference). Thank you for the response, and I hope it helps.

Hammyak

Sep 1, 2020
This game is insanely complex and really engaging. It's just really daunting to try to understand everything. I've probably started 4 or 5 new loops from the beginning. Gotten pretty decent at getting to T3 breaks (and pulled off orgies) in a timely manner (as soon as like Day 23 or 24 iirc), but at that point I realize I've made a lot of sub-optimal decisions and feel compelled to restart. There's just so much to min-max. Auto-piloting with a 'break every vulnerability' mindset has probably been holding me back. I've started looking at relationships and distortions in the hope that they're the final pieces of the puzzle for the game to make sense. I just want to complete a loop and feel like I've done a good job.

The other part of it is that this thread is so huge that all the guides are hard to find...and I'm at the stage of the game where the day-by-day guides just aren't that useful anymore.

To anyone else who's in the same boat of trying to figure this out, most of my progress has come from reloading a save over and over again and trying a different approach...
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. After reading some guides and restarting a few times I've got to the point where I can relatively easy do all T2 breaks and 15 EE generation before day 15, and understand how to get T3, but I always get stuck doubting whether my choice of distortions is good or if I should start over again

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Hey CSDev, thank you for your continued development of this project! I would like to ask if the sex system is going to get some attention after all the primary chosen types and the other things you consider to be of high priority right now are done? I absutely love personal interactions with the forsaken, and the sex system feels like it needs some love. Things like you choosing positions, kissing while still penetrating, favorite positions for chosen, different types of foreplay, things like that.

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
How in the fraggle rock fuck do I delete saves without also resetting all game settings?

Is it only possible to do by removing the "saves.sav", which also contains the game settings?

I tried "clean saves" under "load game", but that's not doing it.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
How in the fraggle rock fuck do I delete saves without also resetting all game settings?

Is it only possible to do by removing the "saves.sav", which also contains the game settings?

I tried "clean saves" under "load game", but that's not doing it.
Open the game and load a save. After that keep the game open and delete the "saves.sav" file. Then just save your already opened game.

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
Open the game and load a save. After that keep the game open and delete the "saves.sav" file. Then just save your already opened game.
Not the solution I wanted, but definitely the one I needed.

Another question; How do you get additional items? I'm on loop 2 and I still only have the item I started with, is this normal..?

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
So I've got an example of a situation I don't really understand. I started a campaign, figured out who my Chosen are and sort of stumbled into an attempted 3 distortion configuration with the intention of seeing if I can manage all 3 in one run. It doesn't really matter to me if the distortions are good or the right choice, as I've never actually completed one. With Tomorrow's Newspaper I got a nice accelerated start. Currently on Day 18 (got Networked Consciousness a few days ago) so I think I've got lots of time:

I was able to break Decree's vulnerabilities first, then Hope, then Pariah, increasing order of difficulty. Pariah and Decree are acquaintances otherwise it's all friendships. Anyway, to complete the distortions it seems to require me to either get really high angst on everyone or 100K plea (for Pariah). My usual next step on previous runs when I'm done T2 vulnerabilities is to set up orgies for quick T3 breaks. Well, turns out it's really hard here because Pariah is the only one I can ramp up the EXPO, and she's got a lot of penalties for circumstance growth. I've screwed around with suppressors, defilers and punishers, and things just don't add up. I think my problem really comes back to not having enough EXPO. That's usually been the key to overpowering penalties in the past...so maybe my setup is whack?

So anyway, that's kind of where I'm at with my thought process. I've reached around this point in a lot of other runs and abandoned them...and I think it's probably coming down to just not setting up my teams properly and not understanding how the multipliers interact.

I'm curious if anyone has an idea of where I'm going wrong or what might set me on the right track.
You are on the right track with orgies. Best case scenario is getting a high turn orgies so you can get enough trauma to break all t3 vul each day and last you through late game. As for distortions, they depend on what you want from your forsaken which come later and are usually better to trigger after an orgy.

I am not exactly the best at explaining but I will try.

First of all I don't know if you know this but penalties are not random, every 1 level increase in circumstance gives a 1/2 penalty to circumstance with a multiplicative increase. Also if your trauma level are not same then the higher trauma levels will give a 1/2 penalty to their respective circumstances. You can test this yourself to understand better, pay attention to the multipliers.

What this means is that it is usually better to get level 2/3 Hate/Inju before levels Plea/Expo unless you are going for orgy. This may be what is preventing your progress. Expo is useful but you should get expo on the second chosen which appears. Based on your Composition I would go for: Decree-> Pariah -> Hope during the battle.

As far as I am aware it should be possible to get a good orgy going with a +2(3 total) capture and 6 turn normal commander as long you have networked consciousness and play smart with extermination in mind. Also try to start your capture such that the second chosen arrives right after you use the fourth move in capture.

Other than that Tempt is actually easier to trigger than you would think. Try going for that with penalties in mind along with the t1 morality break which you wanna avoid. Remember, sometimes it's actually better if the chosen you want to tempt comes 2nd rather than engaging her first.

Be wary though as if you trigger a distortion before an orgy chances are you will lose all your chosen angst and decrease the damage which is dealt.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Not the solution I wanted, but definitely the one I needed.

Another question; How do you get additional items? I'm on loop 2 and I still only have the item I started with, is this normal..?
Items appear every 3rd loop so yes it's normal. Based on what I have heard the quality of item depends on the influence you get in each city. So going through tougher cities gives better items.

Mygoodness777

Sep 20, 2018
You are on the right track with orgies. Best case scenario is getting a high turn orgies so you can get enough trauma to break all t3 vul each day and last you through late game. As for distortions, they depend on what you want from your forsaken which come later and are usually better to trigger after an orgy.

I am not exactly the best at explaining but I will try.

First of all I don't know if you know this but penalties are not random, every 1 level increase in circumstance gives a 1/2 penalty to circumstance with a multiplicative increase. Also if your trauma level are not same then the higher trauma levels will give a 1/2 penalty to their respective circumstances. You can test this yourself to understand better, pay attention to the multipliers.

What this means is that it is usually better to get level 2/3 Hate/Inju before levels Plea/Expo unless you are going for orgy. This may be what is preventing your progress. Expo is useful but you should get expo on the second chosen which appears. Based on your Composition I would go for: Decree-> Pariah -> Hope during the battle.

As far as I am aware it should be possible to get a good orgy going with a +2(3 total) capture and 6 turn normal commander as long you have networked consciousness and play smart with extermination in mind. Also try to start your capture such that the second chosen arrives right after you use the fourth move in capture.

Other than that Tempt is actually easier to trigger than you would think. Try going for that with penalties in mind along with the t1 morality break which you wanna avoid. Remember, sometimes it's actually better if the chosen you want to tempt comes 2nd rather than engaging her first.

Be wary though as if you trigger a distortion before an orgy chances are you will lose all your chosen angst and decrease the damage which is dealt.
This is great advice actually. It was painful to realize that I needed to focus on HATE/INJU(ANTI) and base my attacks and progression around that. The sequencing of who to attack is actually a pain when you don't know much about how the run will play out and how that will affect Chosen relationships. The advice I read a while back to focus first on the Chosen with weakest MOR/CON was good. It didn't hurt me to periodically get her to EXPO lvl1 to work on other chosen either. As long as it didn't break her T2 DIG, I was fine.

I ended up doing what I usually do and abandoned that previous run due to the complexity of trying to make a long orgy happen while not triggering the wrong T1 breaks for all 3 Chosen. I'm not sad about it because my next run has gone way better.

I only set up one distortion (I did Aversion on Midnight which protected both her cores on INN and DIG. I don't know if I should protect or break cores for distortions...something for future runs). I got to like day 23, broke all the T2 cores except the two for the distortion. I then realized the only way to set up a 10 turn orgy (for the distortion) was to pass like 4 or 5 days (unicorn lard) and then get a 26EE commander with 3 captures, ANTI/EXPO defiler, and the HATE suppressor. With careful setup, I had a 13 turn orgy which set me up for the endgame and successfully completed the distortion. All the Chosen have like +52-55 damage. I tested what happens if I keep passing days and it progressively unlocks all the rest of the T3 breaks...and it doesn't mess up Midnight's Aversion since it was 'completed!'

I guess I'll have to be careful during the final battle so that the other Chosen don't kill Midnight but I think I'm finally going to actually finish a loop once I figure out how T4 breaks work...but I think that should be straightforward at this point.

Ragzul

Oct 15, 2019
This is planned as a cheat option. It'd be pretty much impossible to balance it so that the difficulty remains consistent regardless of the Forsaken roster you bring over, so it'll be up to the players to decide how strong an advantage they want to give themselves.
Yeah definitely have it as optional. But NewGame+ is supposed to be a bit OP Endgame gear into the newbie spawn area, definitely impossible to balance without outright removing fun as an option. But as a cheat option to toggle, I'd be thrilled for such. :D Eager to read that in a changelog.

Mygoodness777

Sep 20, 2018
I completed my first loop tonight with one day to spare. My approach to finishing the T4 breaks was far from ideal but I got there. Even without completing all the T4 breaks, I imagine the final battle is very doable. The final battle was underwhelmingly easy but oh man it was satisfying to finish it. One good, solid capture on a Chosen and it was down in 2 hits.

All of that said, the whole training Forsaken thing looks at least as daunting as the rest of the game was. I appreciate the guide I found in the game files...

Now that I've mostly gotten past the worst of the _insane_ learning curve and terrible UI/UX, I'm really enjoying the game, both from a complexity standpoint and also just how deep the character personalities and emergent storytelling are. It's going to take a really long time to master all the mechanics, and I like that.

I didn't expect to get a rush when I finally beat a loop but after probably 50-75 hours of learning the game, it's so satisfying for all the effort to pay off. I appreciate the couple pointers I got in this thread and I imagine I'll be back here more...

Last edited:

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
Is there any way to avoid having the same chosen reoccur throughout loops?

I get that the portraits will be reused, but I have a Forsaken named "Faith" and now I also have an enemy chosen with the same "hero name".

Maybe the only way to avoid this for now is to manually rename my Forsaken..?

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020

I get that the portraits will be reused, but I have a Forsaken named "Faith" and now I also have an enemy chosen with the same "hero name".

The only option I can think of is to activate the option that makes them use their civilian names, since this are actually different

Reactions: BigCut

Ragzul

Oct 15, 2019

As you stated regarding renaming your Forsaken, that would fit lore wise. They are no longer Chosen, and Faith *was* his/her Chosen name... So, perhaps the new Faith was a fan of the first and wanted to honor the title? (making up fanfic or rationalize the scenario)

CSdev I had meant to ask, for Linux users, I presume Java would need to be installed on the machine to run the game?
Edit: Sorry Dev, I answered my own question by just opening the jar file and finding out. T.T Sorry for being stupid.

Last edited:

deptraivkl

Oct 5, 2018

The portraits are both the best and worst part about this game to me. They are really pretty and fitting, to the point none of the other portrait packs even come close. But then you enter the next loop and see a Chosen with reused portraits and it would break your immersion immediately.

Hope we could get enough portraits for each of the Chosen in the og style. AI ones are good too but they looks out of place and not nearly as pretty.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes