Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I appreciate your willingness to help in this matter but having read multiple walls of text now sort of verifies my point. There's very little difference in needing to break Xs Armor, ensuring that Y injured and caressed but not disgusted, applying a 4/2 commander ambush on Y then attacking Z, but only of Z is weak to humility, . To test I went into casual, got to the point where I could throw out a 4/2, and proceeded to accomplish nothing, retried, and somehow got two girls done with their early game shit. Next day, couldn't get the third, but I know 1-3/10 of my choices are off. Or I could brute force it with Newspaper, as most people probably do.
For one, I think your comparison is exaggerated which I know was your whole point but the game doesn't really have the levels of leaps in logic that you're talking about. Things make sense, its just that the intricacies and depth of what's going on is the wall most newcomers come hit and to be frank it is wall. It's a lot to take in and even more to implement what you've learned. Which I think most of people here who know how to play would agree. The reason I feel this way personally is after this wall, the game is immensely fun and replayable, which to me is indicative that the game mechanics work and work well. Otherwise you wouldn't have people coming back to play and theorizing on strategies as much as you see on here. And things get reworked or expanded over time so I'm not saying everything is perfect either, but things do click and if you don't believe me I'd be happy to explain some parts you might have issue with.

I'm happy you seem to understanding it now and I get that it's frustrating. But its not really productive or nice for that matter to come into the forum like this. If you want help just ask or put up your team that you're currently on, there's plenty of people on here that'll help you out and come up with some strategies against them. If you want to suggest a feature to CSDev by all means go off no one minds hearing ideas and CSDev checks here enough that if its viable it will probably be in the game at some point. There is an import function that allows you to start a loop/team from the beginning and iirc you can start the save with cheats enabled so you have that super-powered start you were talking about. And if that's not to your liking then feel free to expand on what you want there might a couple of people who are down for it like you. Hell if you just want to vent you can do that just be more considerate since a lot of people like the game and seeing someone come in this kind of way isn't a good time for anyone involved.

I'd ask yourself how many times you've thrown those sources out at people because an in game set of days with set girls that actually shows you how to control this (up to t3 break) would probably go better than what is... 5 online guides and the readme? Not for a secret ending or like, the most official way but the literal basics of the gameplay loop.
The in-game goals system is pretty helpful as well for this and if you have any specific gripes it would be good to post them here

Originally the tutorial was a set team but because the lack of explanation of other areas like EE management or planning it was scrapped in lieu of the goal system currently in place by CSDev. I think a set team is still a good idea for a tutorial especially if paired with the aforementioned goals system and a few items from the start. But it would require a lot workshopping, not only for creating a team that would be good for newbies, but also for accounting for how players might misuse their EE, if the player deviates a lot from the next goal, items that encourage learning mechanics and not accidentally circumventing key aspects of the mechanics etc. Basically I imagine it would take a month or so and CSDev is more focused on implementing remaining features and aspects of the game like the remaining distortions or the other Bosses. I'm not speaking for him but he does look at this stuff and considers what can be done and I imagine he might have a more concrete solution once the game is in a more complete state.

The Newcomer learning curve is an issue that has persisted as long as I started playing this game and frankly I don't think it will ever be fully resolved. And that's because at it's core, Corrupted Saviors is a very complicated game and it doesn't compromise with it's complexity beyond the extreme of something like the cheats function. And because of that very uncompromising nature it has retained a decent amount of players over the years of development. Which does suck in a way since I'm always happy to see new people share their experiences in the forum but if that's the tradeoff for having a game that I've been able to enjoy consistently for a few years I'll accept it. I understand if you disagree and have no issue with that, I would just prefer if you consider how other people feel before posting

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Hey CsDev, a feature request that I'd love to see added eventually.. The ability to "keep" forsaken from previous campaigns. Say we're fresh in loop 1, we get one, two or all the heroines corrupted and turned into forsaken. They carry on into loops from then on, but... When the campaign ends, instead of losing them the character and their information could be stored into a separate folder (call it "Forsaken", with text/character files, or along such lines as you prefer) and carried over into future versions of the game. And even be used in new campaigns.
Generally a New Game+ style feature that's lore friendly and user friendly. That way we could also keep our favorites without needing to rebuild them and corrupt them again for each playthrough.

I know this option is already available in single runs, but it'd be nice to use forsaken acquired from either in either. And also to make this entirely optional for the people who live for the grind when starting from scratch. I like fresh starts, same as the next person, but I keep forgetting how to play in between breaks/updates, and starting from scratch while trying to relearn everything and hoping I do it all right by the finale isn't my favorite thing in the world.
While we can keep forsaken after a campaign ends for single play or cheat mode loops I would also enjoy something like this for new campaign loops, especially if the only other option to go up against all boss chosen in one campaign might be through these special routes in the future. It could be a reward for completing a campaign successfully, only certain kinds of forsaken, or only a certain amount of forsaken to be available for New game +. Either way I really like the idea!

Reactions: Ragzul

Instantiation

Mar 15, 2018
The in-game goals system is pretty helpful as well for this and if you have any specific gripes it would be good to post them here
5 point commander goal has to be given an objective and that entire process should be heavily walked through.

With a 3/1 commander I try to go for 10k injury on Chaos. Start with pummel. Doesn't hit level 2. Try to break pleasure starting with pleasure, doesn't work. Try to break pleasure starting with pummel. Not only do I break pleasure, I get to 10k injury (due to item combos delaying things, but a 4/2 could probably do it). Most people probably take a 5 point commander out once and sideline it because the goals never tell them "Do this with a 5 point commander.

So now the game has handed me to do two sodomizes at once. This used to take me a 30 point commander. I'm going to do it with a 5/2. It's like day 12 right? The clouds clear and the moon logic suddenly makes sense, but that's only because I went literally round by round calculating the absolute maximum.

Every goal should be set with a cost. It doesn't have to be the bear minimum, but whatever method used needs to be mentioned and why, and the average day this can be achieved. Frankly don't even check the conditions, if they ignore it it's on them. Or maybe put it as a tip beneath.

But it would require a lot workshopping, not only for creating a team that would be good for newbies, but also for accounting for how players might misuse their EE, if the player deviates a lot from the next goal,
I think you are correct, so long as the goals clear up what you can accomplish. I think the issue is players already heavily misuse their EE with the goals, I mean, good god I think I was sinking like 40 EE into doing what I could accomplish with a 4/2. No wonder newspaper is such a big deal.

I'm happy you seem to understanding it now and I get that it's frustrating. But its not really productive or nice for that matter to come into the forum like this
To be blunt, I think the onboarding process isn't productive or nice either, though had I realized the devs were active and reading I would have been a lot nicer. I'm sure main dev is slamming his head into walls over writing guide #5 and seeing people still clueless.

Ragzul

Oct 15, 2019
While we can keep forsaken after a campaign ends for single play or cheat mode loops I would also enjoy something like this for new campaign loops, especially if the only other option to go up against all boss chosen in one campaign might be through these special routes in the future. It could be a reward for completing a campaign successfully, only certain kinds of forsaken, or only a certain amount of forsaken to be available for New game +. Either way I really like the idea!
Personally I know this would throw balance off a bit, but if it's an optional feature (to bring old forsaken into new campaigns), it would allow players to still train their forsaken and deploy them while in the campaign rather through singles and the main menu. Plus think of the epic update title you could include "When Worlds Collide Update"..... (title is a bonus incentive to an awesome gameplay feature)
I thought it was a fantastic thing when I got through my first single play city and got a forsaken, and then used her to terrorize the next batch... But was dismayed a bit when I found that they can't be used either for or in a new campaign at all. :c
Even a definitive "maybe" as for this feature getting added would be great. I'd be able to reach newer content much easier and contribute to late game conversations too.

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
I just got around to testing the behavior of the angelic capture bonus, as I was unsure if it would retroactively effect previous forsaken. It dose not. If you plan to retire forsaken it would be best to wait as long as possible.

star12341

Apr 19, 2020
What's the point of info - > and meeting up in the alley.

The trauma doesn't seem to carry over to the night fight?

Loki_viese

Sep 5, 2021
1712392283606.png

i want to report bug where i can't press continue after using capture the second time. I'm not sure if it's due to I'm using space key, it happen multiple time after I'm clearing on loop 16.

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
The last two Distortions will break this pattern. There are only two Vulnerability Breaks which disqualify the Chosen from the Megalomania Distortion: Total Confidence Break and Total Dignity Break.
Interesting, in this case could you do one of the first four distortions, discard the distortion by deliberately breaking a disqualifying vulnerability. and then proceed to get one of the final two distortions? I might try that on vanilla chosen in early loops.

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
I understand why the wrong T3 break don't prevent you from triggering Megalomania but being able to do the T2 too feels weird

Instantiation

Mar 15, 2018
What's the technique for dealing with Chosen (in this case superior chosen) that have crazy swings on their strengths and weaknesses? Literally any contact shoots her up to 2 pain and pummel does, and I am not kidding here, 3 damage. Low circumstances (because pain is at 3, no not level, 3 total) stops me from just piling on.

1712616787171.png

Ragzul

Oct 15, 2019
What's the technique for dealing with Chosen (in this case superior chosen) that have crazy swings on their strengths and weaknesses? Literally any contact shoots her up to 2 pain and pummel does, and I am not kidding here, 3 damage. Low circumstances (because pain is at 3, no not level, 3 total) stops me from just piling on.

View attachment 3523026
I would say focus on the other two, get their expo levels up a little and then jump over to the superior to raise Hate, Plea, and then INJU. In that order.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018

View attachment 3523026
Aside from the obvious 'save up EE and destroy them with a forsaken' answer, you can get more out of your circumstances with better EXPO. They're super vulnerable to PLEA too so using that in a combo could make them a good target for temptation distortion.

TheFakeOne23

Feb 9, 2020
I´m not sure what triggered it but I´ve now experienced the game freezing a few times during clothing customization when creating a new team of chosen, specifically while toggeling areas which are covered by a piece of clothing. Oddly enough it´d unfreeze as soon as I swap between window/fullscreen but if I don´t the freeze seems to last indefinitly (Or at least more than 15 minutes). It hasn´t really been a big issue, but it´s odd enough that I thought mentioning it would be good.
I´d post a save, but at this point there litterally WAS no save yet...

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
I have run into a minor bug. Sadly I do not have a save for it. If you start a new city and you prolong the first battle long enough that the other two chosen show up. (I managed this in a city with a 20 day limit) only the first chosen gets her intro speech.

EDIT the second intro speech triggered on the third day and the third intro was on the fifth day,

Last edited:

Mygoodness777

Sep 20, 2018
This game is insanely complex and really engaging. It's just really daunting to try to understand everything. I've probably started 4 or 5 new loops from the beginning. Gotten pretty decent at getting to T3 breaks (and pulled off orgies) in a timely manner (as soon as like Day 23 or 24 iirc), but at that point I realize I've made a lot of sub-optimal decisions and feel compelled to restart. There's just so much to min-max. Auto-piloting with a 'break every vulnerability' mindset has probably been holding me back. I've started looking at relationships and distortions in the hope that they're the final pieces of the puzzle for the game to make sense. I just want to complete a loop and feel like I've done a good job.

The other part of it is that this thread is so huge that all the guides are hard to find...and I'm at the stage of the game where the day-by-day guides just aren't that useful anymore.

To anyone else who's in the same boat of trying to figure this out, most of my progress has come from reloading a save over and over again and trying a different approach...

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes