• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.00 star(s) 56 Votes

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
I've been adding Compressor compressions to the OP with every update (after that post was made) without issues from the staff.
Why is it now suddenly an issue?

If I the dev of the game put it in the OP, then I'm saying that I trust the compression and people should treat it as if I made it myself.

I understand why Red made that post, but if the thread owner/game dev adds it themselves, then there shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018
well one more VN to walk away from for an extended time to allow for more updates.
Latest update killed all saves so lets wait and see for a decent amount of new stuff before redoing the lot

Reactions: Macgamer

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I've been adding Compressor compressions to the OP with every update (after that post was made) without issues from the staff.

If I the dev of the game put it in the OP, then I'm saying that I trust the compression and people should treat it as if I made it myself.

I understand why Red made that post, but if the thread owner adds it themselves, then there shouldn't be an issue.
My 'guess' here is that you may need to list the 'download size optimized' version as something else, say 'official size optimized version' or something, otherwise the moderator police will simply delete anything that says 'compressed' in the OP.

In my personal experience, the moderators have become rather overzealous as of late about things, but that's a topic for another thread.

Blank8571

Aug 23, 2019
I'm sorry but every update this game gets worse and worse. Continues to sacrifice art to for distribution. Then now even when the saves can be transferred and played they can't be due to some persistent path thing that imo makes no sense. Not only does it again break saves, but I can't even get the path I intend because 1 misclick and have to erase everything and start over again...

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021

I understand why Red made that post, but if the thread owner/game dev adds it themselves, then there shouldn't be an issue.
If that's the case, I guess they should start deletin them in all the threads. But they won't.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019

Its still not allowed. Feel free to open a ticket. To let Mods/Staff tell you that :)

If that's the case, I guess they should start deletin them in all the threads. But they won't.
Oh you volunteer to do that? :)

Reactions: Supreme_Evil

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
Has this happened to anyone with the replays smashed into squares of a grid?
You used the Gallery Unlocker mod which is currently on an outdated version ;)

I'm sorry but every update this game gets worse and worse. Continues to sacrifice art to for distribution. Then now even when the saves can be transferred and played they can't be due to some persistent path thing that imo makes no sense. Not only does it again break saves, but I can't even get the path I intend because 1 misclick and have to erase everything and start over again...
maxresdefault.jpg

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Its still not allowed. Feel free to open a ticket. To let Mods/Staff tell you that :)

Oh you volunteer to do that? :)
Do what? Delete them all? No. Because I'm not a mod/staff. But if you mean tell the staff/mods that they're bein jerks deletin compressed posts that a lot of members depend on, then yeah. I volunteer.

Reactions: Siarheika

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Nah, if the staff want to make it harder to find compressions, then that's on them.
Yep that was the reasoning. You got it (y)
Do what? Delete them all? No. Because I'm not a mod/staff. But if you mean tell the staff/mods that they're bein jerks deletin compressed posts that a lot of members depend on, then yeah. I volunteer.
Oh so Mods/Staff shall give up their unpaid time to delete the stuff but you won't? Got it. Not that its their job anyways lol.
And the new rule only said new compressions aren't allowed to be added anymore. Old ones can stay (but will removed if there is a new update)

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Raizen84

Jun 20, 2017
lol, for God's sake, let's replay from the beginning again, I don't know if this version will go beyond day 8, I want to talk about the story and not be restarting the game. I want to shoot myself in the head, the game is good, I don't know why I rendered previous scenes, mercy please, this has already become SummertimeSaga hahaha

Reactions: Macgamer and AJBit

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Oh so Mods/Staff shall give up their unpaid time to delete the stuff but you won't? Got it. Not that its their job anyways lol.
And the new rule only said new compressions aren't allowed to be added anymore. Old ones can stay (but will removed if there is a new update)
I personally don't care. I don't use compressed and they've been gone from the OPs for a long ass time. I thought the posts themselves were bein deleted. Nah. I enjoy tellin people to learn to use the search function. :ROFLMAO:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
I personally don't care. I don't use compressed and they've been gone from the OPs for a long ass time. I thought the posts themselves were bein deleted. Nah. I enjoy tellin people to learn to use the search function. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah thats the best part. Its not even hard to find. Its literally compressed + version number. But some really need to be spoon fed.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Raizen84

Jun 20, 2017
It does not.
(which is why it's still under the 0.8.x version and not 0.9.x)
So you would have been better off uploading version 9 but with the changes from 8.5r, and trying to replay the previous scenes. I want to continue the story, not restart it, I had already restarted from version 8 and continued 8.2, which is why I don't think SummertimeSaga There has been an update to prevent people from saying that again from the beginning.

4.00 star(s) 56 Votes