VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
Lucy was never going to be a path. The game would not be called Corporate Culture is she was truly a meaningful choice. If MC became serious about Lucy, the whole focus of the game would have to shift away from the corporate stuff.

Hooking up with Emma is a backward step in terms of climbing the corporate culture ladder. He's already outplayed her. (Emma is the former boss, right? If I messed that up, oops)

Elsa won't hook up with Edward. She has a goal and won't be sidetracked from it. And she currently sees him as a useful idiot. She is using him to accomplish something. And as I've said before, I assume what she wants to accomplish will be counter to what MC wants to accomplish at some point. And if he is still listening to her blindly when that happens, she will grind him to dust and not look back. She is not a LI.

Emma's secretary has some sidegirl potential and that kind of behavior fits the name of the game.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Lucy was never going to be a path. The game would not be called Corporate Culture is she was truly a meaningful choice. If MC became serious about Lucy, the whole focus of the game would have to shift away from the corporate stuff.

Hooking up with Emma is a backward step in terms of climbing the corporate culture ladder. He's already outplayed her. (Emma is the former boss, right? If I messed that up, oops)

Elsa won't hook up with Edward. She has a goal and won't be sidetracked from it. And she currently sees him as a useful idiot. She is using him to accomplish something. And as I've said before, I assume what she wants to accomplish will be counter to what MC wants to accomplish at some point. And if he is still listening to her blindly when that happens, she will grind him to dust and not look back. She is not a LI.

Emma's secretary has some sidegirl potential and that kind of behavior fits the name of the game.
I do disagree about Elsa still 100%, I think Elsa is gonna heavily depend on the taking the right choices and gonna be harder to romance but I just don't see why she would not be a LI at all unless the dev takes choices away from the player. She just seems like the obvious troupe you see in some TV shows where a MC is gunning for a certain girl but then realizes at some point of who has been infront of him the entire time. Then the MC stops going for said girls he's been after the entire show and starts to romance his friend. I can understand why she doesn't seem like she would be a LI from a story point of view but that could easily change in a blink of an eye. But like I said before who knows either one of us could be right or wrong nothing is set in stone yet and only the dev knows

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
But like I said before who knows either one of us could be right or wrong nothing is set in stone yet and only the dev knows
Yes, this text should be on every page of this forum.

I do disagree about Elsa still 100%, I think Elsa is gonna heavily depend on the taking the right choices and gonna be harder to romance but I just don't see why she would not be a LI at all unless the dev takes choices away from the player.
Because she is written as someone utterly uninterested in any romance. And the MC is no Don Juan, capable of changing Elsa's mind about why romance is the right option for her.

She just seems like the obvious troupe you see in some TV shows where a MC is gunning for a certain girl but then realizes at some point of who has been infront of him the entire time.
That trope doesn't usually start from a character who has interest in romance. That trope is usually the woman who actually cares for the MC and is waiting for his eyes to open. Elsa doesn't care about the MC long term. He is a means to an end.

Then the MC stops going for said girls he's been after the entire show and starts to romance his friend.
I don't believe Elsa is MC's friend. Elsa is too Machiavellian to have friends.

I can understand why she doesn't seem like she would be a LI from a story point of view but that could easily change in a blink of an eye.
This only makes sense if you accept that the story so far can just be invalidated. I feel Elsa being LI material requires Elsa to be hit in the head by a falling object and being in a coma for 8 months, returning to the story with a completely different personality.

In any case, I think my views of Elsa have probably been repeated too many times. Sorry if I've become boring.

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes