Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
What is going on here? At least fix my name ;). I'm addressing some on the issues mentioned here at my latest post on my patreon page. If you think this game has potential, please read it. Your discussion is interesting and it gives me some ideas, so don't let me stop you.

MikeMasterSSSSSSSSSSSS <- You se the "S", right? :cool:
Loving your game obviously or else wouldn't waste time doing the walkthroughs. I would like to discuss some points, if you are up for it:

1. Skill check: I certainly wasted lots and lots of time just from saving/loading at skill check points to get the desired effect. What happens is at times I get random streak of luck of succeeding and at another time streak of failures even if the skill is at it lowest (50%, I don't think I saw less). I know it's chance based, but I always get this feeling of being set-up. I know your new feature to reload at previous skill check point will save lots of time than before but still wont solve if my streak of luck sucks.

Suggestion: You train for the stats and in order to succeed a skill check, you need a minimum stat points, example:
@ Gym: Training muscle (Limit 1 per day), you can have different levels of training to get a more realistic feeling. Each level will increase your muscle to a certain point , afterwards that kind of training level will be not beneficial as it will not increase your muscle. You will be required to do the next level of training in order to increase the muscle stat. I recommend that the muscle stats to be hidden to make the player try and guess at which certain point they need to increase the training level. Why hidden? Well you can make create a consequence if you train higher than your level , you will get hurt and be injured and wont be able to train for a number of days, let's say 7 days. (you can also make it in order to have a faster recovery, the player can visit the infirmary and pay $$ for the treatment, this will reduce the number of days for waiting from 7 days to let's say 3 days). My last point to add for the gym is the ability to train solo or with Jane, what I have in mind here is the following:
Training solo: Free of charge, Muscle gain +1 (Example)
Training with Jane (As a personal trainer): Cost $$ , Muscle gain +2 (Example) and with the ability to increase relationship depending on level of relationship with Jane (More details below)
1. Acquainted: Training Session costs $50, Muscle gain +2, +1 Relationship.
2. Friends: Training Session costs $40, Muscle gain +2, +1 Relationship.
3. Best Friends: Training Session costs $25, Muscle gain +2, No Relationship increase bonus.
4. Lovers: Training Session are FREE, Muscle gain +2, No Relationship increase bonus.
Point #4 will have hidden requirement which is to maintain a specific number of training sessions per week or else Jane will be mad. You can make Jane warn the player that they are not being in "Shape" or "Slacking" and if it continues that way she will be mad.

@ Library: Knowledge training (Limit 1 per day), here I thought about having 3 main purposes:
1. Studying: which will increase the knowledge.
2. Tutoring Kira: Which will be a source of income or a gain relationship points (Details below).
3. Chatting with (Kira): Increasing relationship (Details below).

Point #2: Tutoring Kira will have 2 types:
1. Make Kira pay $$ for the tutoring session but in exchange there wont be any gain in relationship points.
2. Make the tutoring session for free but in exchange gain relationship points.

Different levels of tutoring, requiring different amount of knowledge:
Level 1: Requires the player having Knowledge stat = 20+ , Kira pays $10
Level 2: Requires the player having Knowledge stat = 40+ , Kira pays $15
Level 3: Requires the player having Knowledge stat = 60+ , Kira pays $20
Level 4: Requires the player having Knowledge stat = 80+ , Kira pays $25
Kira will have a weekly allowance of $50 per week, if she runs out of money, she will ask the player to tutor her for free. If the player decides to tutor Kira for free then he will gain relationship bonus based on his relationship status:
Acquainted: +1 relationship point
Friends: +1 relationship point
Best Friends: No relationship point gain.
Lovers: No relationship point gain. (At this point she will demand all tutoring sessions to be free.)

-----
Okay I didn't expect to write all of the above lol, well I hope you at least entertain the thoughts above. I have no idea on how hard it will be to implement and how time consuming it will take to program all those perimeters. but it will certainly make the game more interesting in my eyes. If by chance you will proceed with this idea, I suggesting lowering the player's weekly income to let's say $100 per week. This way will force the player to gain an income for doing part-time jobs and be self reliant (Story-wise you can make it as if the player wants to rely on himself more than ultimately not rely on his father's money).

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
MikeMasters i would highly suggest you make the game easier and make taking pictures & peeping WAY more easier.
Read the post on my patreon page for more details, but to say the least there is new autosave/reload mechanism

I'm using the walkthrough & during Day 2 when you go to women's bathroom to take pics of Jane in shower it says you should be able to take 6 shots, & if you fail reload.
I tried like 15 times on this part & never got 6 shots, either it failed on first try or i was lucky to get 4 shots & scene ended.
The length of this particular event is random to simulate different behaviour at the shower each day, but with the new reload function it should be easier to see it all.

I know i can come another day but i'm a perfectionist by nature so i want to follow walkthrough by the letter.
There would be no point in repeatable events if you could see it all at one take. It will be harder for you in time as I intend to implement multiple paths within one event.

I'm guessing your patreons are leaving b/c this system of taking pics and peeping is too broken that it doesn't work properly & maybe b/c you need more content & better story progression. Even if this is only v0.3 people are assuming each update will be like this.
So in short = make game system easier (its kinda broken) & make updates slightly longer with more story progression.
Patrons are leaving, because some of them don't want to go through the payment time. I don't know their reasons and I don't want to judge. It just startled me at that moment. I agree with the content part, but how much can one man do in just one month? I want to spend more time doing this. The work, my computer - they slow me down.

Sorry for the vast criticism, only being honest & trying to help. This is all my opinion & i hope you take my advice good sir.
P.S. - I would love it if you made a v0.3.1 where you fix taking pics & peeping mechanic.
I thank you for your post. I like criticism, it allows me to review what I did good and bad. I'm not saying I'll do everything the way others want it, but here and there some pieces can be done, if I'm able to do so and it fits my vision.

Loving your game obviously or else wouldn't waste time doing the walkthroughs. I would like to discuss some points, if you are up for it:
I'm up for it :)

1. Skill check: I know your new feature to reload at previous skill check point will save lots of time than before but still wont solve if my streak of luck sucks.
When you see, how the autosave/reload works, I think you'll be ok with it.

Suggestion: You train for...
The key of gaining muscles to my understanding is repetition and intensity. Right now the repetition works fine by doing the work outs. The intensity can be adjusted by removing the +1 Muscle point at the first part of the workout, when the player reach certain level of muscle growth. The second part with skill check will become necesity for the next progression.

The idea of injury is intriguing especially with the new infirmary at play. Exercising alone is an option I want to create, but time is issue and it adds very little to the game right now. Paying for lesson to Jane is not justifiable storywise in my mind, as the player could potentionaly learn this from someone else without paying and Jane don't care about money.

@ Library: Knowledge training (Limit 1 per day), here I thought about having 3 main purposes:
Locking the studying at the library to 1 per day will be done, when there is enough repeatable events for players. Right now it's one of very few events to push the time forward, so I need it like this.

Point #2: Tutoring Kira will have 2 types:
1. Make Kira pay $$ for the tutoring session but in exchange there wont be any gain in relationship points.
2. Make the tutoring session for free but in exchange gain relationship points.
There is story reason for Kara not to make her pay. Hopefully it will be revealed soon.
For some other character and/or other activity it might be interesting. I had some ideas few days back.

Okay I didn't expect to write all of the above lol, well I hope you at least entertain the thoughts above. I have no idea on how hard it will be to implement and how time consuming it will take to program all those perimeters. but it will certainly make the game more interesting in my eyes. If by chance you will proceed with this idea, I suggesting lowering the player's weekly income to let's say $100 per week. This way will force the player to gain an income for doing part-time jobs and be self reliant (Story-wise you can make it as if the player wants to rely on himself more than ultimately not rely on his father's money).
You have good ideas. Unfortunately it's not about what can I implement, but what should I implement first. There is so many paths I can take right now. More characters, more sexual content, more activities, more story events... Each month there will be poll and that will decide, what player want more. I may not like the decision at taht moment, but in the end I want to do it all anyway. This is huge undertakeing and I intend to do it as long as anyone is interested. So share your thoughts - here and on my patreon page, where I'm all the time. It gives me strenght to push harder and hopefully better.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
Read the post on my patreon page for more details, but to say the least there is new autosave/reload mechanism

The length of this particular event is random to simulate different behaviour at the shower each day, but with the new reload function it should be easier to see it all.

There would be no point in repeatable events if you could see it all at one take. It will be harder for you in time as I intend to implement multiple paths within one event.

Patrons are leaving, because some of them don't want to go through the payment time. I don't know their reasons and I don't want to judge. It just startled me at that moment. I agree with the content part, but how much can one man do in just one month? I want to spend more time doing this. The work, my computer - they slow me down.

I thank you for your post. I like criticism, it allows me to review what I did good and bad. I'm not saying I'll do everything the way others want it, but here and there some pieces can be done, if I'm able to do so and it fits my vision.

I'm up for it :)

When you see, how the autosave/reload works, I think you'll be ok with it.

The key of gaining muscles to my understanding is repetition and intensity. Right now the repetition works fine by doing the work outs. The intensity can be adjusted by removing the +1 Muscle point at the first part of the workout, when the player reach certain level of muscle growth. The second part with skill check will become necesity for the next progression.

The idea of injury is intriguing especially with the new infirmary at play. Exercising alone is an option I want to create, but time is issue and it adds very little to the game right now. Paying for lesson to Jane is not justifiable storywise in my mind, as the player could potentionaly learn this from someone else without paying and Jane don't care about money.

Locking the studying at the library to 1 per day will be done, when there is enough repeatable events for players. Right now it's one of very few events to push the time forward, so I need it like this.

There is story reason for Kara not to make her pay. Hopefully it will be revealed soon.
For some other character and/or other activity it might be interesting. I had some ideas few days back.

You have good ideas. Unfortunately it's not about what can I implement, but what should I implement first. There is so many paths I can take right now. More characters, more sexual content, more activities, more story events... Each month there will be poll and that will decide, what player want more. I may not like the decision at taht moment, but in the end I want to do it all anyway. This is huge undertakeing and I intend to do it as long as anyone is interested. So share your thoughts - here and on my patreon page, where I'm all the time. It gives me strenght to push harder and hopefully better.
I do appreciate your efforts in taking time off the reply to people, it shows genuine intrest in listening to ideas and accepting criticism ( at least the structed ones ) as for just purely negative one , you can simply ignore.

My guess with the ideas I suggested wont fit in your work at the current stage as I don't have the general direction of the game for the future.

As for kira, from what I saw from the game so far, that she is poor. "Holes in sweeter( to be honest I thought it was rendering issue at first :p ) but it got explained at the tutoring session *phew*

Reactions: MikeMasters

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I do appreciate your efforts in taking time off the reply to people, it shows genuine intrest in listening to ideas and accepting criticism ( at least the structed ones ) as for just purely negative one , you can simply ignore.

My guess with the ideas I suggested wont fit in your work at the current stage as I don't have the general direction of the game for the future.

As for kira, from what I saw from the game so far, that she is poor. "Holes in sweeter( to be honest I thought it was rendering issue at first :p ) but it got explained at the tutoring session *phew*
It totally is a rendering issue. :happyblush I tried to fix this, but when there is several layers of clothing on top of each other, it's really hard for them to fit correctly. So I've used it as a story feature.:angel:

Reactions: Qleaf

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
It totally is a rendering issue. :happyblush I tried to fix this, but when there is several layers of clothing on top of each other, it's really hard for them to fit correctly. So I've used it as a story feature.:angel:
Well played my friend. Well played.

Reactions: MikeMasters

Valewind

Jun 10, 2017
I seem to be having a problem getting the massage and the signing sheet quest doen are they not implemented in this version or am I missing something?

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
how can i do exercise with Jane and where is the locker?
Go to gym (north from Campus) between 17-19 on weekdays (and other time at weekend).

I seem to be having a problem getting the massage and the signing sheet quest doen are they not implemented in this version or am I missing something?
You're right, it's not implemented yet. Massage will be soon though.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Davidreiter: Hey Dude, Thanks again and again, for the two downloads.

Mrbrown1373

Jan 25, 2017
So I have a question about the rng, I am at the end of the second day(second time cause I missed a Jane friendship point) But every time I ask to watch the movie with her she says no. Is this a rng event? I have done it over about 20 times and still get no. I have enough for her to let me stay in the room when she changes but it still my level with her is aquiantance. But it says I need 10 more points to next level with her so I assume I am at the right level. Driving me crazy.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
So I have a question about the rng, I am at the end of the second day(second time cause I missed a Jane friendship point) But every time I ask to watch the movie with her she says no. Is this a rng event? I have done it over about 20 times and still get no. I have enough for her to let me stay in the room when she changes but it still my level with her is aquiantance. But it says I need 10 more points to next level with her so I assume I am at the right level. Driving me crazy.
With the the new update you require to be friends to be allowed to watch tv with her.
So I suggest you skip 21:00 and 22:00 where she watches TV. Go use computer surf net waste time.

At 23:00 she will be studying , go help her. There will be three dialogue choices, first two doesn't matter, third choice she will ask you to be friends (new system for to increase the relationship to the next level) say you forgive her and want to be friends (I don't remember exactl the correct wording, you'll fogure it out)

Afterwards you can watch TV with her.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
how can i find new events, i look quest but nothing new?
One of the new events is doing massage, you will learn at the infirmary. You need to start it while watching TV with Jane but you have to be friends with her (read the post above) aftwards when you join her , choose Watch TV then Jane will ask you for a massage.

fur1

Aug 7, 2016
One of the new events is doing massage, you will learn at the infirmary. You need to start it while watching TV with Jane but you have to be friends with her (read the post above) aftwards when you join her , choose Watch TV then Jane will ask you for a massage.
you r life saver thanks.

Reactions: Qleaf
3.60 star(s) 26 Votes