Unity Abandoned Chronicles of Forgotten Tears [Steam] [Old Owl]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

badass

Jul 24, 2017
honest question, this supposed to get abandoned tag? last patreon update on March 1

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Either this is abandoned or they underestimated how long it would take the update to release by last December. Hope it's the latter.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnight6666

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
The Gofile link says it does not exist when I tried to download. Same with UploadHaven where it says: "The requested download could not be found " OK MIXDROP worked!

Last edited:

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
lost fights against gentleman, low gold, no likely prospects for improvements, Quit, deleted.

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
liked the game. really don't like the "parents purposely don't teach you incredibly potent, important powers that would greatly enhance your chances of actually having a good future, rather than 1 predisposed on suffering, and at the whims of whoever decides to screw/kill you, your village, kingdom, etc, because... it, builds character/prevents you becoming arrogant".

in other words, you are pushed into a life of mediocrity, and potential premature fatality, because your parents need to protect you from the dangers of grandiosity... rediculous.

i do know it was mentioned that it was also supposedly to protect you from the group who murdered your father... but.. there are many other powerful sorcerers in the world... including your mother... who they supposedly can track because she is a powerful magician(and, has definitely used magic atleast once, throwing the "can only track uses of magic" excuse out the window).
so, of course it's safest in a backwater village filled with hateful little peasants who would, but more importantly definitely have, sold your family out to anyone who will listen, or at minimum, to their lord(feudal system, i'm assuming.. they are owned by lords, who serve other lords... leading to the king or emperor. they would ALL no doubt know of her whereabouts...), rather than using that power, or her likely long line of connections from her multitude of escapades, vast riches she no doubt had, and far flung fame to actually build a stable support network of powerful people/places(magically, politically, socially, monetarily, or even monarchally), who could actually keep them alive, and do an actual good job of it.

what's better protection. a shitty village that screams WITCH! to anyone who will listen? or a purpose built castle/citadel/fortress in a strategic & naturally fortified position(earthworks, cliffs, islands, hillforts, etc, etc), likely also protected by other forts/castles/towns/alliances & further political landscapes, making it potentially IMPOSSIBLE for such assassins to just waltz in, or pose a threat whatsoever, without some deus ex machina fuck you.

theres a reason nobody actually wants to be poor. being poor sucks, and literally puts your future at the whims of anyone but you...

and yes, as mentioned above, i quite enjoyed the game. but.. i REALLY find the setup, shitty.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Game is on a 20% discount on Steam currently(looking at SteamDB, it's been on discount 8 times since the last August post by the dev). Pretty sure publishers have to do that on their end, so the dev is still around? And since that has to be the case, kind of baffling there has been no communication after the promised release of an update by the end of last year.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes