VN Ren'Py Abandoned Choices Loop [v0.0.2a] [GhostTeller]

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
As much as I am sympathetic to dev - I hope you get your work/life balance fixed! -, this is unplayable, and has no redeeming qualities. The story is just bad, and the engrish doesn't help it. The graphics are not good - from the weird shoulders of mc, to changes in the color temperature between 2 pictures of the same person, to aiming lasers going through the targets, ...

Ah, there's more, but maybe I should wise up, and not download stuff like that anymore. I was kinda warned by rhe other posters.

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
I see that I checked this out in Feb 2019 but can't remember it all. Short on time now or would take another look just to remind myself. With a couple exceptions I've taken to checking up on most games every 9-12 months. Hope you are enjoying your hobby and I'll check back in a few months. Hoping you have some quality ass probing for me next time I stop in.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Much appreciated for the advice. I already used it.Sorry for the late reply, I just had to give all my focus to my work and family the past few months. Especially after my previous accident.
No worries, there's nothing more normal that taking care of yourself and yours before the rest.

Reactions: GhostTeller

fergz

Jun 19, 2019
If you want to create renders in a short time, I'd suggest at least use Denoiser to fix your images. Some really don't look good.
Good luck.

Reactions: GhostTeller

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
the engrish is making my eyes bleed :O
and the engrish doesn't help it.
I think many of the grammars are not correct,That's true. I had a Proofreader friend when we started. He was the one that reviewed the prologue version. But now i work alone as he is busy by his work. Sorry for the mistakes.
The graphics are not good - from the weird shoulders of mc, to changes in the color temperature between 2 pictures of the same person, to aiming lasers going through the targets, ...

Ah, there's more, but maybe I should wise up, and not download stuff like that anymore. I was kinda warned by rhe other posters.
Well i hoped someone to point for the renders Actually. Some pictures took more than 20 Hours just to be finished in Daz and the fastest one took 6 hours and the final result wasn't good either. When i comeback from work to see a scene been rendering for more than 8 Hours and see some minor errors , Do you think i'll repeat the whole process again for that? with my Low notebook.
For the record i began the work in this update in 18 September and finished it in 10 October in the midnight. 3 Weeks where the notebook didn't even been shutdown. I think it'll be hard to redo one scene all over again.

Last edited:

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
hyco2
And as you're a good judge on rendered photos i want your opinion on those images : Should i keep the original ones where all the lights will be in the same level OR try to enhance them to be better .
I Hope the others give me their opinions as well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

GhostTeller

Jul 17, 2018
I always Value " Honesty " above all . maybe because the way of how i grew up . That's why i always ask people to give me their feebacks even in real life. where it pushes you for the good direction of development.
And for the sake of honesty I left the same thread as it is . Didn't make a new one naming it " Choices loop Revamp OR Choices Loop Remastered ". I didn't cheat or deceive you I think that is " a wise up " too.

Reactions: hyco2

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
I always Value " Honesty " above all . maybe because the way of how i grew up . That's why i always ask people to give me their feebacks even in real life. where it pushes you for the good direction of development.
And for the sake of honesty I left the same thread as it is . Didn't make a new one naming it " Choices loop Revamp OR Choices Loop Remastered ". I didn't cheat or deceive you I think that is " a wise up " too.
My comments are mostly here as a minireview for others with a small bandwidth. I am too lazy to do big reviews...
This is why I mostly comment on the bad stuff.
I'm aware there are some devs doing it as good as time and circumstances allow. And then I come and piss in their garden... They still have my respect for their efforts, and the sharing with us.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I think many of the grammars are not correct,That's true. I had a Proofreader friend when we started. He was the one that reviewed the prologue version. But now i work alone as he is busy by his work. Sorry for the mistakes.
You did look for a replacement, right? I mean, you can ask for another right here in the Recruitment Services forum area.
A proofreader is not 'optional' for you, but essential. You need one who is really good, or a couple otherwise (because even a professional pair of eyes is only one pair of eyes and anyone can have an off-day.

Well i hoped someone to point for the renders Actually. Some pictures took more than 20 Hours just to be finished in Daz and the fastest one took 6 hours and the final result wasn't good either. When i comeback from work to see a scene been rendering for more than 8 Hours and see some minor errors , Do you think i'll repeat the whole process again for that? with my Low notebook.
For the record i began the work in this update in 18 September and finished it in 10 October in the midnight. 3 Weeks where the notebook didn't even been shutdown. I think it'll be hard to redo one scene all over again.
That's what being a dev doing renders is. You say this as if you hadn't realized that every dev of every game where he's doing DAZ renders is basically keeping their rendering machine working full time from one update to the next. It's normal.

Devs with better hardware don't sit back and have boat drinks, they render more, better, and include animations. Even with the best hardware possible, the point is to keep that machine working to do better. I've talked with devs who had a single render run longer than 20 hours due to poor hardware ... but they didn't use any image that wasn't good enough, no matter how long it took.

If you went to a restaurant and the food you ordered tasted really bad, making you feel ill just from the bad taste, would you care at all that the chef spent 20 hours cooking it? Or just think that maybe the chef should have quality control first, that a product needs to be fit to consume, and should maybe choose to make what he can with the skills and equipment he has?

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
Not tried the game, but my little advice: focus on the game story first. Images can always be improved, but a bad story/game feeling will always be boring and generate bad reviews.

If the story is nice, there are always people around to look at the Engrish... take SoB for instance.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i am lolling my ass off over the cop when he's in front of victor, the rifle shows it's being constantly fired haha you can even see cartridges flying away while they talk haha

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I can be sympathetic to the developer having real-life things to take care of first before working on their game. Here is where I think that the game could make improvements. Not saying this to be "mean". Saying it to help the creator know where it goes wrong.

1) The Engrish is really bad in this game. You will have that. With a Non-native English creator, It's often the case. Whatever I can get over it I can read Engrish pretty well. However some things may not translate well. Such as a phrase like "Stubborn like a rock"... You mean "Stubborn like a mule"? I have seen plenty of rocks in my day. None have ever been what I would describe as stubborn. Could say he is "Hard as a rock", or "Stubborn as a mule", but it would have been funnier if he was as "hard as a mule". Getting off-topic... but Engrish needs to be fixed if possible.

2) I don't like the protagonist. For a number of reasons... This guy makes the average movie cop look like a professional.

3) One of the first few pictures of the game shows the protagonist times 2, and 4 different girls. Games been in development over a year. Only 2 of these 4 girls are shown beyond this image. He is shown twice in this image... Does he have a twin brother? Who are these other 2 girls?

4) A few images later the "police station" is shown... It's just a grey image with "police station" written at the top in small letters... Dude... take a picture of the police station! Come on... Not a complex shot here.

5) Next you meet Freddy (spelled Fredy in game...) This first image of meeting Freddy is strange to me. It's an awkward handshake pose where Freddy is looking up to the sky while clenching his fist. It doesn't look natural at all... The following image Jack remains the same, but puts his hand down. Also Freddy looks to the side with some thousand yard stare shit still clenching that fist... Also the lighting changes from 1st to 2nd image here. Then freddy talks a bit about I dunno dumbshit... and he looks like a normal guy after the first couple of images...

6) Spy on Val in the shower... Alright nice... pretty good pic of her ass there. Choose "a little peek" then all the sudden you drop your pants like a mad man... You don't even know this bitch... And soon as those pants drop lighting change too, and she also gets more shiny. Here you get the option to leave the room or continue peeking... So time for a save and try the contiue to peek... With how evil this protagonist is... Come on just rape her in the bad end here. Just the tip, fuck it why not? Anyways.... moving on...

7) So you go wait for her to finish the shower as peeking is ending game... And the lighting fucks up pretty bad at this point yet again. So Flashback to little girl sad... blah blah leave and go home.

8) You get home, and your wife is in the shower... She starts off with some "???" as her name for some reason. This is not your first time meeting the wife. You should her name by now. Anyways, you draw your loaded gun and point it at her, and read her rights to her... So you go from pointing the gun to naked in the shower with her. There is yet another lighting switch up in here somewhere, but it's minor compared to the others and I'm not gonna nitpick... Anyways you some pussy then fuck, then dream about this little girl after you fucked your wife for some reason, and it's back to work after your nap...

9) Blah blah with Freddy... then into the interrogation room with Val and a new guy Mr Jones who does not have a "???" name, but the wife did? His name is Mr Jones, but he is a black guy dressed lik a golfer... Gonna call him Tiger. Because fuck you that's why. Tiger is afraid of our protagonist. Anyways our guy jack then starts telling a story in the middle of this police interrogation, after his superior officer said the guy is free to go, Jack is like fuck you sit, and stay and listen to my story...

10) The interrogation story... You don't normally go on some long monologue when interrogating someone. Usually you try to get them to do that, but whatever... Starts out with bald man smoking a cigar as he tells some beat the fuck up naked girl to eat her dinner as they lay in bed. Our protagonist Jack is just chillin in the background ready to strike... And he does. Jacks pops into the room with smoke coming out the end of his gun, and laser sight on. Guy is like "Who are you?" as smokes his cigar like a boss giving a friendly wave... So Jack tells this abused girl he doesn't know to come over by him insetad of baldy. She hugs up on him from behind... A naked girl he doesn't know, doesn't know if she is gonna try to grab the gun or do something stupid... He leaves himself wide open here. Meanwhile Bald guy whose named Victor just sits there like a dumbass pointing a finger gun at Jack... So the girl is sent away, and she waits outside the door. And jack lets it be known more police are like 5 minutes away. Why he didn't wait the 5 minutes before hand or bring them with him in the first place... I don't know. So in this story he tells the superior officer, an Tiger he mentions after shooting the man in the leg, "I want to know where TIger is. I plan on killing him." He makes an excuse for not bringing other police because he thinks they are corrupt, but at the same time said they were coming as backup? Inconsistent! Anyways he shoots the guy in the head, the unarmed man he shot in the leg, right in the dome game over for him... cold blooded murder. Naked girl comes back in a robe, also he told her never come back to the room, but she heard gunshots and decided to walk into the room where she head gunshots after she was told never to return to the room. Anyways she beats up the corpse a bit, and our protagonist just lays on the bed all comfy laying the gun where it can be easily grabbed as she does this. So... we find her name is Sarah and we eat her pussy... that pussy probably just had badly's nut in it... ehhh... whatever. Also she pees and says it's cum :( Anyways kinda a douche thing to do if you are trying to rescue a girl just to munch some pussy right there like that? How about at least wipe the blood off first... I mean a dude just got shot in that room... The fuck is wrong with these people?

11) Back to the interrogation room... Anyways our MC just smiling with a shit eating grin on his face as he wraps an arm around Tiger who has such a frowny face... Our protagonist tells guy you got 3 seconds blah blah blah or I'm going to go kill your son. Tiger looks about 25-35 so his son is probably a kid. Tiger is a young man himself. Aint gonna have a gronwn kid. All this goes on right in front of Val... And then interrogation over say goodbye to Freddy because why not?

12) In the car... We get 3 images of the car moving about 10 feet... They skimp on images for a lot of this game. Ther is barely over 100 images, and they blow 3 on moving a car 10 feet? The fuck... Anyways Jack is in Tigers back seat with another laser pointer gun this time a pistol. He tells Tiger straight up. You got 2 options. Option 1, I kill you and your whole family even your little kids in front of you. Option 2, drink this poison... The fuck is wrong with him? So he gets guy to drink the poison that's in a beer... Also when handing the beer to the guy it is shown that our fella Jack has man boobs. Possibly even a b-cup... So guy saves his family by drinking poison... Go back and talk to val then she knows you are a killer and you make out with her for some reason, and she just paces back and forth a while with the lighting changing...

And that's the areas that need improvement.