VN - Others - Chloe 18 Fake Family [v0.69.2.01] [GDS]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4355971

Poor writing, weak game mechanics, horrible UI and font, can't even reach the settings, poor animations, really weird dialogue options. No clue how this is so high rated. I'd suggest cleaning up the UI, add a settings options in the main menu that is easily accessible, stop making the game look like an actual clown fiesta.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

bigdog_69

This is a truly excellent game.

Models are unique, story is great, incredible variety of characters. Love the corruption mechanics, and ease of play.

Not usually a fan of non Renpy games, but this is done so well.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

qazwsxzxc

This game continues to impress me as the story develops. Great original story, excellent characters, nicely done art. The updates have been solid, without any significant bugs. I look forward to the future releases to see where the story goes.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Harvek110

Definitely one of the better "games" out there. Is an actual "game" but with really good looking models. LOTS of lewd stuff and not too complicated to unlock. Taylor may need another run through though. The general look is really cute but the face is a little.. odd. I think the braces are a little TOO pronounced. Chloe is hot as always!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

KnightOwlSC

Has a pretty crazy but fun style to it. Only real negatives are it's still a bit buggy in terms of events not working 100%, your character looks so weird and Amy's sister suddenly becomes really ugly in her scenes.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

O Captain My Captain

(Last version played 0.60)
    Not great, not terrible. I don't really like the game mechanics, animations are just okay, the story is very unrealistic... but it's really funny, maybe because it assumes and unashamedly embraces its over-the-top nature, and it's quite a better game than the prior Chloe18 games. So it's not one of my favorites but still I like it enough to keep on playing.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Zoi1212

The game is excellent and has a lot of content. I hope there are more updates that expand the story. The story has several interesting branches. Very dynamic for a visual novel. And the graphics are top notch.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

theilu

This game is my favorite from this site. The girls are cute and everyone feels unique. Also, the special mention of Trevis' "mother" she makes me really excited. The game is beautifully rendered, with a touch of humor. I like the open world aspect of this game, nice variation. Many say that the game is grindy for me it didn’t bother me much except maybe from time to time when I played as Chloe. Lots to play I'm already looking forward to the next update.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

asdfasdf

This is a content filled and well made game. The girls are cute too. certainly one of the better games on this site. I had played an early version of Chloe 1, and wasn't into it, man has it evolved into something impressive. Highly recommend this.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

xecamm

GDS just keeps making better games! First Chloe18 was a gold standard of VN's for me and watching Chloe going through different shit has been fantastic. Keep up the good work man.
    If there was one thing, it was best watching Chloe get corrupted the first time around, and as much as I loved the journey, I am hoping next adventure takes some us somewhere else with someone else. It will be nice to see the corruption process from the ground up again!
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Cute girls, really good txtures (horrendous deformations with holes misplaced) and a lot of grind, and "work in progress" messages everywhere.

This game has a weird thing that is the fact that its "best feature" its what makes the game bad. This looped back and forth animations are pleaasant to look at, cause they are fluid, and character quality is pretty good, but evrything gets limited, and outside that loop nothing happens, and nothing changes, which in the end makes the sex scene boring. Those loops are en essence 1 intitial picture and a final picture, with short journey in the middle, but whatever is in the middle of those pictures doesnt really tell anything. This system works for some actions but lacks severely for the rest.Also this system is laggy, the scene lags until the loop appears, and most of the times there is a "loading images" screen that is weird as fuck and breaks any continuity, kind of like this review.
    And the thing with these loops is that in most of the scenes what has the bigger range of movement is actually the camera

And then we have the Patreon thing that i clicked more than i wished trying to skip scenes and got me kicked out of the game several times.
    The we have the route poll thingies here and there, and i played this game quite a long time ago, and they are still there.

We have the "in the next update" things also.

The Chloe gameplay is overwhelming, the screen is way too dirty and unclear, that HUD needs some work, and all the necessary grind doesnt help improving the game experience.

I can add this thing of allmain characters that dont want to have sex, or whatever and they are like that during 80% of the dialogue during scenes, its seriously fucking repetitive IMO.

For the first 2 hours or 3 of the game 90% of the lewd content of the game is watching others having sex, even the girls fro m the Dude quest, i mean that girls fucks everything that moves, everything but the MC even when he is present.

The minigames thing is awesome if you have an already finished game, but if you have the game plagued with "next update messages" maybe you will want to finish the game first cause it needs quite some work.

This are all the things that come to my mind. A decent game, with some really good sex scenes that happen to work well with this loop thing, butfor the most part is the same as the 5 or 6 other Chloe games, and despite that still hasnt made any real improvements besides cosmetics. The core is still lacking.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

House Of Black

Story: 1 out 5 stars

No real story just a bunch of grind to fap.

No character development whatsoever, a true failed opportunity.

Gameplay/Engine: 1 out of 5

As I mentioned it’s a grind, I’m not a fan of cheats in games myself, I think the only way for me to really enjoy the scenes of I unlock the content myself versus fishing for saves. That being said you’re gonna grind in this game if you want action.

Renders/Characters: 1 out of 5

Characters are a bit on the young side, I enjoyed the Milf, but there’s not really much to her besides her being a closet slut. This Fake Family story really could’ve been great.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Serupiko

This game looks amazing, and despite the plot being retarded, it fit how the chloe world works. Anyways, the grind is too much for me to bear, and it's a same, because once you get to the ''meat'', its quite juicy. Also knowing taylor and the others are already sluts makes corrupting them quite irrelevant
  14. 5.00 star(s)

8-Bit Heart

This game has to be one of the best games out there. It's extremely enjoyable and has replay value at least to me it does. The creators are very talented and make the game fun and entertaining. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes the genre.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

kaancanyakar1

Very good game. It is very different from the other games. Chloe is an awesome character. The other characters are also perfect. I love how you can progress in this game. Keep the chloe games coming GDS!
  16. 4.00 star(s)

sircookie

Update: I raised the rating from *** to ****, cause GDS seem really working his/her ass off to make this game finished/happening. Haven't played latest update yet.

--- old review below ---

I have mixed feelings about the game, maybe because its not done yet.

As many mentioned before by others, its very grindy and you don't really know if its benefical what you do even.

Not sure if I would give it another shot, once there is another state of game.

p.s the attached walkthough on thread is more a help what achievements exist and probably needed to progress further in game.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

BayJay47

The renders are excellent and the overall game design is pretty good.

The problem is that progression is extremely grindy and there are very few clues as to what to do next, plus the walkthroughs have next to zero useful information (cum in the "right place"?????)

I'll give it a 4 because the renders are really good and the self-direction in the sex scenes is decent, plus there's an enormous amount of content... but playing the game has become extremely frustrating.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

LuminosHands

Pros
    • High character renders (Girls)
    • Really good H scene renders of the characters (static)
    Cons
    • THE MUSIC (Expect some of the worst immersive music for a game)
    • Very Grindy (Feels like working)
    • English Translations (Everything)
    • Character personality designs and development
    • H-Scene animation loop(Forwards then animation is reversed back into stating position)
    • The Story
    • Plot for H-Scenes
    • Immersion breaking (Significant amount of times)

Notes
    The game gets really grindy to the point that you're better off spending your precious time on something else. As the rewards aren't good enough for the effort/time you invest into the game sadly, even though the renders are really nice.

As a heads up for people who are willing to still try this game, I highly suggest playing the game with the music being muted, as the game is completely playable without it and would most likely bring a better experience to the game (as it did for me). This can be achieved in the in-game settings (by pressing ' M ') which will mute the music. However this would still continue to play sound effects.

If you are going to invest more than 10min I highly suggest having a left click macro as the skip button would be slower for the game.

The bad English translations are something I'm okay with looking over for any game since they're usually fan translations and or from Devs who aren't natively English. Which is abit sad since the Dev is presumably a non-English speaking person but their website has almost perfect English. Which is most likely due to them putting more time to fixing any translation errors there but not the game.

The story is really obnoxious and breaks any sense of immersion you have or had. As the overview of the game is quite literally basically how the whole game is and doesn't really shine on any characters for plot or development, making it very hard to get attached or even remember their names to some degree(In my case, I wasn't able to differentiate between 3 characters because they were so blank and the same for the first hr of the game).
  19. 3.00 star(s)

Paarl

the game starts out fine, then becomes super repetitive and monotonous, progresses too slow in every way
    strong point? The art and design of the girls, they are very good, I like the Japanese one but I never even knew her name, and that I played more than 6 hours
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Keep in mind I haven't played the rest of the series and I don't write reviews often.
    This game is excellent. The animations are very good, renders are a step above the animations and character design is good. The big highlight for me though is the story and the dialogue. It's kind of absurd and it's really fun. Kudos to GDS and Bella for that. It's the first adult game I've actually enjoyed playing.