Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Cheat mod for Big Brother: Ren'Py - Remake Story [v1.06 + FIXED ]

Hornyviking

Aug 13, 2017
I have also the same problem. The answers is in english but game in russian. And it does not help restarts and change. Or delete game and try again.

Reactions: beerstein133

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
I have also the same problem. The answers is in english but game in russian. And it does not help restarts and change. Or delete game and try again.
Can I see a screenshot? Do you have response numbering enabled? If so, turn it off. Did you delete the scripts.rpa file ? Did you not put the new version of the mod on top of the old one?

commandos86

Jul 25, 2022
same problem here. only the choice is in english. the game dialogue is in the russian.
ive already followed the instruction. deleting the scripts.rpa file, restarting game, etc. it doesnt work

appreciate your help. thank you

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
I cant put dialogs in english, only in russian
same problem here. only the choice is in english. the game dialogue is in the russian.
ive already followed the instruction. deleting the scripts.rpa file, restarting game, etc. it doesnt work

appreciate your help. thank you
It seems that the problem is that in the folder with the mod there is another folder "scripts", which causes a conflict.
Try the following steps:
1. Remove the folder "scripts" from the folder "game
Open the RAR with the mod and drag the "scripts" folder into the "game" folder.

--- If you have an old RAR archive with the mod and you took the folder with the mod from it:
3. Open the "scripts" folder (which you just transferred from the RAR) and delete another "scripts" folder in it
--- If you re-downloaded the RAR archive with the mod and took the folder from the archive you just downloaded, you don't need to delete anything.
4. Start the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

commandos86

Jul 25, 2022
It seems that the problem is that in the folder with the mod there is another folder "scripts", which causes a conflict.
Try the following steps:
1. Remove the folder "scripts" from the folder "game
Open the RAR with the mod and drag the "scripts" folder into the "game" folder.

--- If you have an old RAR archive with the mod and you took the folder with the mod from it:
3. Open the "scripts" folder (which you just transferred from the RAR) and delete another "scripts" folder in it
--- If you re-downloaded the RAR archive with the mod and took the folder from the archive you just downloaded, you don't need to delete anything.
4. Start the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
it works perfectly. thank you! much appreciated.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Does this have the remove eric cheat?
There is no function in the mod to remove Erik .
Erik is part of the gameplay. He has to be there until a certain point, unless you turn him in to the mafia or Katya's mom. But having Erik is just a variable, something like:
Erik = True
Erik = False.

Theoretically, could make a button that removes Erik, which would be like turning on a variable:

erik_was_taken_by_the_mafia = True
erik_was_taken_by_katyas_mother = True

But this will simply break the entire game, as there is a mandatory chain of code: tasks, events, dialogues, actions, interactions that should lead to Eric leaving at a certain point. The whole cause and effect relationship would be broken, the sequence of tasks would be broken, etc. I don't think it's possible to do this "painlessly" for the code without breaking anything. Unless have to rewrite thousands of lines of code.

Reactions: shane420

shane420

Jul 6, 2018
Damn I know there was a mod that had it at on point I just don't remember which one :/ pretty sure it was abandoned:(

WrldManager

Jul 23, 2022
im stuck at the mission where i have to put a spider in alice's room, even though i have the spider idk where to put them as there is no icon

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
im stuck at the mission where i have to put a spider in alice's room, even though i have the spider idk where to put them as there is no icon
That's why I added a button to remove the spider.
1. You must not have a spider in your inventory.
2. Catch the spider near the pool between 10 and 12 noon.
If you added a spider to your inventory before you were supposed to catch it in the story, there is a conflict. The game must see that you first caught the spider yourself

Manaroth25M

Jul 8, 2022
ok so i was having trouble with this mod with the text story rus and menus eng seems my issue was i ran the game before i deleted the scripts.rpa which is also the fix 5 patch but when i installed the cheat mod i was getting the rus story i think this was because i run the game before installing the mod and deleting scripts.rpa i believe it created a translations settings file i deleted the game did a fresh install deleted scripts.rpa installed the mod launched game then installed the fix 5 patch ie scripts.rpa and that seemed it let me get the latest fixes and mod working without the rus/eng miss match error i'm assuming cause it didn't add that translation settings file cause scripts.rpa wasn't there on 1st launch

Reactions: bulk31

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
ok so i was having trouble with this mod with the text story rus and menus eng seems my issue was i ran the game before i deleted the scripts.rpa which is also the fix 5 patch but when i installed the cheat mod i was getting the rus story i think this was because i run the game before installing the mod and deleting scripts.rpa i believe it created a translations settings file i deleted the game did a fresh install deleted scripts.rpa installed the mod launched game then installed the fix 5 patch ie scripts.rpa and that seemed it let me get the latest fixes and mod working without the rus/eng miss match error i'm assuming cause it didn't add that translation settings file cause scripts.rpa wasn't there on 1st launch
So, are you doing okay now? So you installed the mod and the original fix 5 patch file together?

You don't need to install the "fix 5 patch" along with the mod...

All of the original game code is contained in the "scripts.rpa" file: it's dialogs, functions, story, variables and so on.

What is a fix patch? When a game author gets information about a problem/bug, he finds a piece of code with a bug and fixes the code.
Some authors post a separate file that makes a fix that needs to be added somewhere, but that's not the case in this game. Here the fix patch is still the same "scripts.rpa" file (with all the original files), which differs from the previous version with some small details.

My mod is based on the "fix 5 patch". I unzipped it and added the data to make the mod work. So the "scripts" folder in the mod is "fix 5 patch" + "cheat mod".
If you have both "scripts.rpa" and my mod folder ("scripts") in your folder, you may have conflicts because both "fix 5 patch" and my "scripts" folder contain the same files (all game code).

While working with the mod I:
1. Dozens of times I deleted the file "scripts.rpa" and changed the folder "scripts".
2. I dozens of times I changed the language in the game, from English to Russian and back to English (to test mod work in two languages).
3. I have dozens of times I deleted all the savings.

And I never had problems with the language, because I ran the game before deleting a file, and because of that I would have to reinstall the game.
If I had language problems, they were caused by other nuances, but I hope I fixed them all.

When you reset the language in the settings, the variable that stores the language is reset. Then you select English, the variable gets set to "English" and takes information not from the original files (because the game is written in Russian) but from the "tl" folder (I think that's how it works).
The mod can not add or not add data for translation, because the mod contains all the files from the original "scripts.rpa", which set the language.
Problems are likely to occur when the same files are in the game folder: "fix 5 patch" + "cheat mod"

Let me remind you that "fix 5 patch" and "cheat mod" are the same, except that "cheat mod" has a bit more data.

Manaroth25M

Jul 8, 2022
yes seems to be working since my post and i'm not sure what all is in the fix 5 patch "Patch (Fix 5) for PC: MEGA " maybe typos, glitch fixes? i just posted because i seen the problems post about the rus/eng miss match error and it didn't help so i posted how i got past it and what seemed to be the issue to my untrained eye i could be wrong but its working for me now but yeah like i said scripts.rpa seems to be where i went wrong running the game before i deleated it and before installing the mod created other setting file or files which remained after deleting scripts.rpa and was causing the language miss match but i didn't notice this till i deleted the game reinstalled deleted scripts.rpa installed the cheat mod and launched the game then i noticed the translation settings text file didn't create which is why i think it was that file and scripts.rpa created it but like i said it all was because my mistakes at the start launching the game before installing the mod and not deleting scripts.rpa

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
yes seems to be working since my post and i'm not sure what all is in the fix 5 patch "Patch (Fix 5) for PC: MEGA " maybe typos, glitch fixes? i just posted because i seen the problems post about the rus/eng miss match error and it didn't help so i posted how i got past it and what seemed to be the issue to my untrained eye i could be wrong but its working for me now but yeah like i said scripts.rpa seems to be where i went wrong running the game before i deleated it and before installing the mod created other setting file or files which remained after deleting scripts.rpa and was causing the language miss match but i didn't notice this till i deleted the game reinstalled deleted scripts.rpa installed the cheat mod and launched the game then i noticed the translation settings text file didn't create which is why i think it was that file and scripts.rpa created it but like i said it all was because my mistakes at the start launching the game before installing the mod and not deleting scripts.rpa
Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you. Enjoy the game.

Manaroth25M

Jul 8, 2022
i found a issue after clean install delete scripts.rpa and mod install where the game seems to have a trigger event for the delivery of some packages the red swimsuit the cam. for the photo shoot and something i forgot what it was so far but the items go right into plays inventory and don't trigger the flag for the delivery guy it seems so the story doesn't go any further on these quests if i save before i buy items remove the mod readd scripts.rpa wait for delivery then story quest works and i can readd mod and delete scripts.rpa and mod works again which is why i think it's a flag trigger issue with the mod

Reactions: Greslux

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
i found a issue after clean install delete scripts.rpa and mod install where the game seems to have a trigger event for the delivery of some packages the red swimsuit the cam. for the photo shoot and something i forgot what it was so far but the items go right into plays inventory and don't trigger the flag for the delivery guy it seems so the story doesn't go any further on these quests if i save before i buy items remove the mod readd scripts.rpa wait for delivery then story quest works and i can readd mod and delete scripts.rpa and mod works again which is why i think it's a flag trigger issue with the mod
Now I'm going to try to check it out. I will start a new game and get to the points you mentioned. If that's the problem, I'll try to make an instant delivery switch feature, if possible

Manaroth25M

Jul 8, 2022
i'm not a programmer thats just what it looks like to me all i can say for sure is i bought the red swimsuit it was in my inventory the moment i bought it but quest kept saying wait for delivery for like 2 weeks then eric bought her one so i loaded before i bought saved removed mod set game back up like unmodded bought red swimsuit waited like 2 days and it was delivered quest moved to next step and i reinstalled the mod correctly then ran into 2 more delivery issues and repeated work around i figured out and got them quests to step forward the same way i'm only 3 or 4 weeks in and found the 3 maybe more before end of game i don't know just seems to be the steps that wait for the delivery guy to bring the box

Reactions: Greslux

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Hi. Thanks for the bug report. I fixed it. You can now buy these items and move through the quests.
I apologize for this bug. When I was playing I did not encounter it.
You need to download and install the mod again (version 0.7)

i'm not a programmer
Me too...