Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Cheat mod for Big Brother: Ren'Py - Remake Story [v1.06 + FIXED ]

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Would be great if someone make an Android port with your mod... i've tried standard method, but its not working...
Hi.
I'm still new at this, so I do not understand what, but judging by the log you have 2 times used the word "Apply" (but only in Russian).
Could you elaborate on the problem? You play on your phone and you're fine, but when you put my mod, you have an error?
And how do you put my mod on the phone? I'm wondering because I've never played games on my phone (I have a very weak Redmi 6a phone. I don't think it can handle the game but I will try to put and test the game and mod to help you with the error

Translated with (free version)

Reactions: GoDfLesH

GoDfLesH

Feb 19, 2020
Usually all sorts of add-ons are put in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/%packegename%/files/game and picked up from there... In the case of your mod it turns out, as far as I understood from the logs, some variable is trying to get out again.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Usually all sorts of add-ons are put in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/%packegename%/files/game and picked up from there... In the case of your mod it turns out, as far as I understood from the logs, some variable is trying to get out again.
I already checked this file "pname_max.rpy". I have two different lines:

old "Применить" # (this is the word "apply" but only in Russian)
new «Apply»

In this file I changed only the initial name of the character, so that players see the name in English (by default it is in Russian.
When installing the mod, do not copy the file from the TL folder

I downloaded the game again, pulled from there the original file that you replace from my mod and attached it to the comments. I don't understand why this problem occurs, because in my file the line that the error points to has 2 different words. I haven't touched that line...
Maybe it's some kind of compatibility issue between the android version and the PC version. I downloaded the android version and now I will try to run it on my phone with my mod (if my phone survives after this =)

Last edited:

GoDfLesH

Feb 19, 2020
It worked without that file. I don't need an English translation... but i'll try with it... no not working... i think it will error on every russian word, maybe truble is in codepage?

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
It worked without that file. I don't need an English translation... but i'll try with it... no not working... i think it will error on every russian word, maybe truble is in codepage?
I'll be honest - I have no idea why this error occurs. The mod is made for the PC version, and I did not even think that someone will try to use it on a smartphone, because I have not optimized the mod window for the resolution of the smartphone. I have no idea what it will look like on a small screen or if there will be any problems with it (with the button to open, the size of the menu buttons; the size of the menu window; the layout of the items; etc.). It is possible that the menu will extend beyond the screen and there could be a whole host of problems...

If you look at the error log, the problem is these lines with the word "apply". I didn't touch that.

I don't think it has anything to do with the encoding, because I didn't change the encoding of the original files and I didn't create my own files.

I've been trying to help you and figure this problem out, but...

I installed the game on my phone (it's the first game I installed on my phone), but I couldn't get into my phone from my PC. When I connect it to the PC, I have a folder open with the contents of the phone and immediately close with an error: "device stopped responding or was disconnected", so I can't even go into the contents of the smartphone to look at the files... My smartphone feels really bad...
I put the LdPlayer emulator, but I couldn't find any files to replace (like the 'game' folder on the PC).
Tell me, how did you find the 'game' folder on the phone and put the 'scripts' folder there? Maybe I can put my mod in the android emulator and test it.

UPDATE TEXT

I opened the APK file, threw my mod there, opened it in the emulator LdPlayer and everything works...

I've only changed one file for the test so far, so not all functions work. Try running it in your place and if it works for you, then I'll take care of the other files. There are a lot of files to replace, they all need to be renamed and uploaded to the APK, so I haven't dealt with that yet. But some of the features work:
- money
- adding to the inventory: spider, cigarettes, candy
- mood
- Authority

Functions that don't work:
- 100% chance
- mute
- auto refill: spider, cigarettes, candy

----

If it works, write what about the size of the buttons: leave them the same or make them larger (and how much larger).
Maybe split this menu into 2 menus, so that it would completely fit vertically into the smartphone screen

Last edited:

GoDfLesH

Feb 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you for your help! I'm forced to work on my phone and tablet right now, also old stuff.

The folder "game" should be created if it does not exist in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.pgn.bigbrother.rp.rs/files/, originally it does not.

Buttons and text, of course, could be made larger, but it will do.

100% chance - almost everywhere it works.

In general, if your mod to install on android, you have to remove the folder /tl from it for the Russian language, it is easier than to rebuild .apk. In English I have not tried to play, although the mod itself, and EN and RU - it works. I also add in almost all games y_outline.rpy for transparent dialogbox.

какой интересный переводчик этот DeepL... почти как живой...

Last edited:

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
The folder "game" should be created if it does not exist in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.pgn.bigbrother.rp.rs/files/, originally it does not.
I'm sorry, am I correct in assuming that this mod works on your phone?
And you have all the functions of the mod working and even - "100% chance"?
Did you add the mod folder yourself to the game folder on your phone? Have you renamed all the folders and files and added the prefix "x-" to the names?

I'm all interested and I need details, because if everything works for you and you tell me in detail what you did, I could add to the topic topic topic also APK file for download, but optimizing it for the resolution of your smartphone. It's just the first time I've encountered an android app, so this is all new to me (as well as many other things I've encountered making mods).

I took a different approach: it turns out the APK file can be opened with Win Rar. This is a big surprise and a big relief for me. So I didn't have to decompile and compile the APK.
All I had to do was replace the files in the APK file through Win Rar, adding an "x-" at the beginning of each file name

Was your problem due to the TL folder?

Deepl is a neural network, that's probably why it's almost like it's alive =)

I don't play Big Brother anymore, because I'm either doing stuff or this mod, or playing other PC games, so I'm not aware of the points where "100% chance" doesn't work. I was hoping to gather stats from other players who would point out these points (and give me their save) so I wouldn't have to go through the game in different story directions (which takes a lot of time), but I could find that section in the code and improve the "100% chance".

GoDfLesH

Feb 19, 2020
I'm sorry, am I correct in assuming that this mod works on your phone?
Yes.
And you have all the functions of the mod working and even - "100% chance"?
Yes.
Did you add the mod folder yourself to the game folder on your phone?
Yes.
Have you renamed all the folders and files and added the prefix "x-" to the names?
No. It's needed only in .apk

I'm all interested and I need details, because if everything works for you and you tell me in detail what you did, I could add to the topic topic topic also APK file for download, but optimizing it for the resolution of your smartphone. It's just the first time I've encountered an android app, so this is all new to me (as well as many other things I've encountered making mods).
As I wrote before, to install your mod on android should create a folder "game" in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.pgn.bigbrother.rp.rs/files/ unpack the mod into it and delete the folder /tl

I took a different approach: it turns out the APK file can be opened with Win Rar. This is a big surprise and a big relief for me. So I didn't have to decompile and compile the APK.
All I had to do was replace the files in the APK file through Win Rar, adding an "x-" at the beginning of each file name
This isn't news - an .apk is a regular .zip file, sort of even without compression.

Was your problem due to the TL folder?
Yes, the mistakes I wrote about above were starting to happen.

I don't play Big Brother anymore, because I'm either doing stuff or this mod, or playing other PC games, so I'm not aware of the points where "100% chance" doesn't work. I was hoping to gather stats from other players who would point out these points (and give me their save) so I wouldn't have to go through the game in different story directions (which takes a lot of time), but I could find that section in the code and improve the "100% chance".
In my case, wherever the chance was considered - it was set to 100% - that's all I can say. Somewhere I saw, probably in a branch of Big Brother Another Story, that the chance should be set to 99%, to rule out mistakes, but it's another game, another author, so I don't know.

Reactions: Greslux

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
how about macOS?
I can't help with that because I don't have a MAC PC so I can test how the mod works.

Try the same installation method as for WIN, but keep the original RPA file just in case something goes wrong and you could revert to its original state. And don't replace the TL folder, just in case

The path is: BigBrotherRenPy_RemakeStory.app / Contents / Resources / autorun / game

Last edited:
Reactions: Blyatx69

bobile

Jul 31, 2022
Hello
When i press the Cheat icon i get this now

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_livroom.rpy", line 102, in script call
call variablejump from _call_variablejump_4
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_pool.rpy", line 115, in script call
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_aliceroom.rpy", line 101, in script call
call variablejump from _call_variablejump_2
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_veranda.rpy", line 46, in script call
call variablejump from _call_variablejump_1
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_myroom.rpy", line 60, in script
call screen location_my_room
File "renpy/common/karachun03.rpy", line 377, in execute_call_screen
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 351, in execute
screen cheat_menu:
screen cheat_menu:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 353, in execute
frame:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 355, in execute
vbox:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 418, in execute
for i in range(3): # AUTHORITY
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 419, in execute
hbox:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 420, in execute
frame style_prefix 'cheat_info_btn_text':
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 421, in execute
hbox:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 423, in execute
textbutton return_auth(i)
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 423, in <module>
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 318, in return_auth
index = nums.index(dom)
ValueError: 5 is not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

me262u

Oct 17, 2018
how do you do the gallery or dose it only show you how to get them and not unlock them?

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Hello
When i press the Cheat icon i get this now

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_livroom.rpy", line 102, in script call
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_pool.rpy", line 115, in script call
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_aliceroom.rpy", line 101, in script call
call variablejump from _call_variablejump_2
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_veranda.rpy", line 46, in script call
call variablejump from _call_variablejump_1
File "game/scripts/loc_home/location_myroom.rpy", line 60, in script
call screen location_my_room
File "renpy/common/karachun03.rpy", line 377, in execute_call_screen
screen cheat_menu:
screen cheat_menu:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 353, in execute
frame:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 355, in execute
vbox:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 418, in execute
for i in range(3): # AUTHORITY
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 419, in execute
hbox:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 420, in execute
frame style_prefix 'cheat_info_btn_text':
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 421, in execute
hbox:
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 423, in execute
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 423, in <module>
File "game/scripts/loc_home/nav.rpy", line 318, in return_auth
index = nums.index(dom)
ValueError: 5 is not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. Excuse me! The thing is, I made this value adjustment just for this case, but it turned out that I forgot to put brackets in the condition

Code:
# It should have gone like this:
if (l[i].dom + 1) % 3 == 0:
    l[i].dom += 1

# and here I haven't put parentheses:
if l[i].dom + 1 % 3 == 0:
    l[i].dom += 1

Fixed. Re-download and reinstall the 0.6 version of the mod.
Delete folder "scripts" in folder "game" and replace it with new one (from archive). Everything should work

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
how do you do the gallery or dose it only show you how to get them and not unlock them?
Unfortunately, there are no hints for achievements in the mod. As far as I know, these hints are not in the game itself.
The game has a blueprint for them: if you open "Achievements", you'll see a line on the left called "Hints:" and there will only be "PGN". It doesn't lead anywhere and doesn't show anything.

I don't know what the point of this button is... Maybe the author was hoping to add hints later, maybe something else.
I was planning on adding hints to achievements in the mod, but I couldn't find them. I tried to find them online, but I couldn't find them there either. If you have a list of achievement hints or know where they are, I'll add them.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
I cant put dialogs in english, only in russian
can you explain the problem in more detail? I need to see a screenshot. Read the section "Problems" in the description of the mod.
Try to reset the language in the settings, restart the game and select English again