Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho, this is a bit off-topic but I ask you in case it is something easy to do. As an expert in modifying games in Renpy, do you know how to disable the autosave? Maybe with a command by running the console (Shift+O)? :unsure:
BaDIK has it in its options, but with a simple command or modifying a line of text I'll be satisfied.
Thanks very much (y).
RenPy has a master (parent) config variable being:
config.has_autosave
If true (its always default value in RenPy), the game will autosave.
If false, no autosaving will occur.
So, console one would command: config.has_autosave = False to turn it Off.

With those facts outlined, I don't personally recommend it being set to Off as it then serves no purpose since the "Auto" page of the Save/Load screen cannot be used in any other way so there's nothing to gain imho.

Last edited:

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
With those facts outlined, I don't personally recommend it being set to Off as it then serves no purpose since the "Auto" page of the Save/Load screen cannot be used in any other way so there's nothing to gain imho.
I always have it enabled, it's a drastic measure exclusive to this game where I can't switch to ANGLE rendering because there are some parts where there's a code error.
Thank you (y).

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So you got any tricks here mate, or do we need to restart to get saves to carry over for season 2?

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I think that your prompts for "Achievement 75 - Rocket Man" are off, probably because they follow what is written in the printed walkthrough, but the written walkthrough doesn't clearly show what is really required. I've put pictures from the written walkthrough in the following post in the main thread. Basically, the "achievement" is missing all missable scenes, and to do that, you can never actually get to the fourth item your prompt - you have to actually choose to not cooperate with Jaye from the very first opportunity to shut her out near the beginning of the chapter, and have UNDER 8 love points (not 8 or less, at least the way it seemed to work for me) to entirely miss her apology scene altogether. If you get the scene, no matter how you respond to her after she apologizes, she's still apologized and you've still seen the missable scene. Does that make sense?

I can elaborate more if what I'm saying isn't completely clear - it's 3am and I'm a bit tired.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think that your prompts for "Achievement 75 - Rocket Man" are off, probably because they follow what is written in the printed walkthrough, but the written walkthrough doesn't clearly show what is really required. I've put pictures from the written walkthrough in the following post in the main thread. Basically, the "achievement" is missing all missable scenes, and to do that, you can never actually get to the fourth item your prompt - you have to actually choose to not cooperate with Jaye from the very first opportunity to shut her out near the beginning of the chapter, and have UNDER 8 love points (not 8 or less, at least the way it seemed to work for me) to entirely miss her apology scene altogether. If you get the scene, no matter how you respond to her after she apologizes, she's still apologized and you've still seen the missable scene. Does that make sense?

I can elaborate more if what I'm saying isn't completely clear - it's 3am and I'm a bit tired.
Answered to the best of my ability on my first cup of coffee this morning here as a reply to your VN's thread post bud.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Answered to the best of my ability on my first cup of coffee this morning here as a reply to your VN's thread post bud.
The thing is, to get the achievement, you can never get to the scene where you answer that question for the 4th requirement, as she's already apologized - you're just either being very magnanimous or your being "meh" about it. To get the "Rocket Man" you have to miss the scene entirely, so the first step is to go "lone wolf", which would be the second step after not sending the dick pick, and then decide against helping Jaye get the package, which would now be the 4th step. This causes you to avoid all scenes that can be avoided - if you don't do that first one and you still have 8 "love" with Jaye, you get the scene. I tried it with having less than 8 love, but not going "lone wolf" and still got the apology scene.

When you have a minute, you may want to check the logic again, but that's what it took for me to miss all the missable scenes and get that achievement. Maybe it's possible to get there without making that choice, but any other choices you make also increase your love points and give rise to other love points later, resulting in getting the apology scene. The key is missing the scene and never actually getting to your current 4/4 answer. I played it just last night and had to go through about four or five different iterations to make it work, and this was the only way it did.
Screenshot 2024-05-23 180945.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The thing is, to get the achievement, you can never get to the scene where you answer that question for the 4th requirement, as she's already apologized
That post I made in the VN's thread... in your mind simply swap Prerequisite 4 (1/2) and Prerequisite 4 (2/2). The Player obviously has accumulated some amount of Jay Trust (not Love bud... Trust) prior to Ch3 and then it depends on the Jaye Coop choice made so you must consider the logic of the 4th prerequisite as a total object... make sense now bud? She will NOT apologize with the entirety of what I stated in the 4th part of the requirement is met.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
That post I made in the VN's thread... in your mind simply swap Prerequisite 4 (1/2) and Prerequisite 4 (2/2). The Player obviously has accumulated some amount of Jay Trust (not Love bud... Trust) prior to Ch3 and then it depends on the Jaye Coop choice made so you must consider the logic of the 4th prerequisite as a total object... make sense now bud? She will NOT apologize with the entirety of what I stated in the 4th part of the requirement is met.
I think you missed my point: you can't get to the apology scene. At all.

If you do, your answer doesn't matter because you didn't "rocket past" all of the scenes that could be missed. And whether love or trust, you had to be low enough to simply not get there, while also avoiding every other missable scene:
Screenshot 2024-05-23 185432.png

You're trying to explain something to me I already figured out, and I'm trying to tell you that the guide in the game doesn't get you where I got - I had to figure it out on my own and am attempting to give you feedback that might allow you to update your guidance or notes in the Mod. Do something with it, or don't, but the way the Mod and the .pdf walkthrough work right now, the path isn't clear. I'm sure people can find their way to a fucked-up and illogical set of steps to get to it with the breadcrumbs already there, but it won't happen naturally for most - it requires you to basically be a bit of a dick to both girls and most will only be a dick to one or the other.

This is just constructive criticism, not an attack, but your condescending tone is started to grate. I'm a Texas guy - the folksy "bud" is something you use on folks that don't know better, alright, bud?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This is just constructive criticism, not an attack, but your condescending tone is started to grate.
I'm not taking it as an attack bud, honestly. I hear you, I do... and I'm not being condescending, if we were physically speaking you'd hear me simply attempting to explain (which I'm obviously failing at). It's just a cheevo at the end of the day and I assure you I'd never get my undies in a bunch over such a thing. If this final attempt of me to lay this out for either you (if interested) or others (that haven't been awarded the cheevo yet) to read is found to be grating then I raise the whit flag...sincerely.

Otherwise, I retested unlocking it myself this morning before I made the post (so I could jot the steps down) using both of the "Fourth conditional" variants attempted to detail in that post.

All I can say is this is the portion that folks miss the most... and what you "had to figure out" last night (what I'm trying to explain to you... not being condescending):
Fourth conditional prerequisite (2 of 2) (here's the kicker): The Player can NOT Jaye's Trust at (9+) while also having JayeCoop(Full). One CAN have JayeCoop(Full) and have her Trust below 9 and still meet this prerequisite (or have JayCoop as anything other than Full)... so it can be a tad confusing as there's not just one way to guide it in into the choices as there's no less than 5 different choices to obtain JayeCoop(Full) and dozens of choices to acquire or not acquire Jaye's Trust.
The above is part of the fourth portion of the conditional that unlocks the cheevo:
Python:
    if bool039 == False and bool040 == False and num009 == 2 and num014 < 1:
        $ unlock_achievement(75,True)
If it's easier for folks to understand then let me rephrase that quoted bit above as:
"Fourth conditional prerequisite (1 of 2)"

Again, it's one of the most complex cheevo unlocks in the VN... it's difficult due to the two different ways it can ultimately be attacked and then describe them in layman's terms regarding the "kicker" above which is the only part of the conditional that creates a non-binary/linear of sorts.

I am glad you sorted it last night though.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
EDIT: Got my answer by getting to the end with max points intact. Subsequent paths confirms that these are related to "bad" run variables where you lose trust points with the choice, not "good run" variables, as the "Jaye-Max" path would be considered. I'll leave this here, though, in case someone else has the question.

Don't know if this means I did something odd earlier, if there was "catch up" point available that I already got, or something else, but I got the following for choices early in Chapter 6 (laundry room scene).

This is my "Jaye - Max Points" run and the (Jaye Trust -0) (Mallory Trust -0) indicators in the first choice concern me, making me wonder if some weird combo of shit with earlier choices stole a trust point here. As suggested by the save name, I came into Chapter 6 having naturally accrued all Jaye love and trust points on this run. I put off Mallory's 69 scene, maxed points with Tanaka and flirted with Bianca, but none of those choices indicated any potential negative with Jaye moving forward.

Are these there for negative points on a "bad" run, indicators that I might have picked one back up here if I missed it earlier, an indication that I did choose poorly somewhere along the way in Chapter 6, or a remnant in the Mod that may have been there for something, but doesn't apply any more?

I could always cheat the point totals at the end of the run if I did miss something, but I try not to do that, ever. Only time I have done it in this VN is so I didn't have to go back to a previous chapter to reduce sub points on the Lisa route so I could trigger the "BossLady" as well as the "BossMan" scenes. Only time I did it in another VN is when Sunshine Love had all the really fucked up points combos to get the different endings. Don't want to change my ways now (or go do a long ass replay to find a single missing point on a "Max Point" run) to keep the record intact for the "Achievements" system. I love/hate such things. :LOL:

Thanks for your thoughts.
Chapter6Laundry_CounterIssue.png

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Note: Spoilers are for others that may come here - you already know about all of this stuff.

You might full-on hate me by the time I finish getting caught up on this VN, but I ran into another sticky Achievement - No. 149 - Mixed Messager
Screenshot 2024-05-27 021952.png

This comes up if you're in a relationship with Jaye, say her being your half-sister could be an issue, but then later say things are different with Mal even though it's a similar thing because she's just a friend and you aren't in what you consider an intimate relationship (even though you've creamed her, played with her anus and eaten her out).

The thing it pivots on is that your statement not be a lie. Had to run this one several times to get it to pop, but what worked is if you go through everything up to the "69" scene with Mal, then give the answer that puts her in the "Friend Zone" (choice box on left, gets achievement #134).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This seems to be the pivotal scene, because I tried another route where I basically didn't pursue her, didn't get that scene, and this is what the stat screen showed me for the relationship when I DIDN'T get the Achievement:
Here's what the stat screen showed me when I did get it:
Also, these are the prompts that were on screen, first when I DIDN'T get it:
And here, when I DID get it:
This is what the WT has to say about it:
I'm not sure if there is another "status" ("NoRelp" or somesuch) or path (the WT suggests there is) that will also get you to the achievement, but I haven't gone looking for that, either. ;) However, the WT also suggests you have to get to scene #79, either way. Not sure if that is absolutely true, or if that is just the most assured way.

I think that your prompt when it has negative points showing for the answer may need to show the achievement struck-out since you only seem to get it when you are being truthful with Jaye when you say Mal is just a friend.

You're the expert on all the algorithm part of this and how to make the prompts work, but it seems that this is one of those that is a little more complex, like the "Rocket Man" one, and might benefit from a little bit of alteration.

Just some food for thought. I found my way, others probably will, too, but if it makes sense to you to take another look... Sorry if I'm adding to your backlog. :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Note: Spoilers are for others that may come here - you already know about all of this stuff.

You might full-on hate me by the time I finish getting caught up on this VN, but I ran into another sticky Achievement - No. 149 - Mixed Messager
View attachment 3675497

This comes up if you're in a relationship with Jaye, say her being your half-sister could be an issue, but then later say things are different with Mal even though it's a similar thing because she's just a friend and you aren't in what you consider an intimate relationship (even though you've creamed her, played with her anus and eaten her out).

The thing it pivots on is that your statement not be a lie. Had to run this one several times to get it to pop, but what worked is if you go through everything up to the "69" scene with Mal, then give the answer that puts her in the "Friend Zone" (choice box on left, gets achievement #134).
This seems to be the pivotal scene, because I tried another route where I basically didn't pursue her, didn't get that scene, and this is what the stat screen showed me for the relationship when I DIDN'T get the Achievement:
Here's what the stat screen showed me when I did get it:
Also, these are the prompts that were on screen, first when I DIDN'T get it:
And here, when I DID get it:
This is what the WT has to say about it:
I'm not sure if there is another "status" ("NoRelp" or somesuch) or path (the WT suggests there is) that will also get you to the achievement, but I haven't gone looking for that, either. ;) However, the WT also suggests you have to get to scene #79, either way. Not sure if that is absolutely true, or if that is just the most assured way.

I think that your prompt when it has negative points showing for the answer may need to show the achievement struck-out since you only seem to get it when you are being truthful with Jaye when you say Mal is just a friend.

You're the expert on all the algorithm part of this and how to make the prompts work, but it seems that this is one of those that is a little more complex, like the "Rocket Man" one, and might benefit from a little bit of alteration.

Just some food for thought. I found my way, others probably will, too, but if it makes sense to you to take another look... Sorry if I'm adding to your backlog. :LOL:
I just looked at the project. I don't have any conditional setup for the cheevo which is why it always shows up on that choice currently... BUT, I noticed I have a note regarding Mallory on it (as if I had meant to code it proper and spaced off or forgot about it):
Python:
menu:
    "Mallory's just a friend.":
        window show
        if (num025 == 0 or num025 == 3): # Sancho: if mallory None,FrndZoned
            $ unlock_achievement(149)
            jump ch7kitchen1
            else:
                scene 7room113 with dissolve
I also found a note on it where some updates ago that cheevo was changed by the dev, it used to be unlocked if the Player had Mallory(Cheated) also, but he later took that bit off so it's only "None" or "FriendZoned" now:

Python:
# was: if num025 == 0 or num025 == 3 or num025 == 4: #! if mallory None,FrndZoned,Cheated
So, the above code comment I have in there seems to align exactly with this info you found (which is good, meaning I must have investigated it and was ready to code it in but for some reason didn't):
1716806599276.png

Bottom line: I can see from my guide that I only have the cheevo displayed static (it always shows on that choice) so I never coded it in proper. That's likely the case with many of the cheevos since I don't really sweat those until the very end of adding features into the mod (they are almost always last in line to get attention).

This one is an easy fix though since my notes on that cheevo match what you are describing... the work was already done just not implemented on my end yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThorinKing

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I just looked at the project. I don't have any conditional setup for the cheevo which is why it always shows up on that choice currently... BUT, I noticed I have a note regarding Mallory on it (as if I had meant to code it proper and spaced off or forgot about it):
Python:
menu:
    "Mallory's just a friend.":
        window show
        if (num025 == 0 or num025 == 3): # Sancho: if mallory None,FrndZoned
            $ unlock_achievement(149)
            jump ch7kitchen1
            else:
                scene 7room113 with dissolve
I also found a note on it where some updates ago that cheevo was changed by the dev, it used to be unlocked if the Player had Mallory(Cheated) also, but he later took that bit off so it's only "None" or "FriendZoned" now:

Python:
# was: if num025 == 0 or num025 == 3 or num025 == 4: #! if mallory None,FrndZoned,Cheated
So, the above code comment I have in there seems to align exactly with this info you found (which is good, meaning I must have investigated it and was ready to code it in but for some reason didn't):
View attachment 3675831

Bottom line: I can see from my guide that I only have the cheevo displayed static (it always shows on that choice) so I never coded it in proper. That's likely the case with many of the cheevos since I don't really sweat those until the very end of adding features into the mod (they are almost always last in line to get attention).

This one is an easy fix though since my notes on that cheevo match what you are describing... the work was already done just not implemented on my end yet.
Devs occasionally change things after the fact? NO! :LOL:

Thanks for your work.

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Finished my run through the end of the current release, and I ran into a coding that confused me for one of the "end of chapter" achievements:
Screenshot 2024-05-27 231551.png
This is #181, and to get it you can tell neither Lisa nor George about the blackmail scheme.

When the first trigger comes up with Lisa at the club, this is how it's presented: screenshot0001.png
Looks fine - just choose "Keep it to yourself".

However, if you do make that choice, here's what it looks like when the matter comes up with George:
screenshot0002.png
You have to choose "Don't" here to get the achievement, but the way it presents, with the strike-through, it registered in my mind as unavailable when I first saw it. Went back to a save point and chose it anyway, and it worked.

Oddly enough, if you DO choose to tell Lisa, here's what the George screen looks like:
screenshot0003.png
I think you may have simply reversed the presentation - the first presentation should come up if you already told Lisa, but the second presentation should come up if you didn't tell Lisa.

Maybe also using your [1/2] and [2/2] indicators would help as well.

Just another thing to put on the checklist for the next update.

Hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Finished my run through the end of the current release, and I ran into a coding that confused me for one of the "end of chapter" achievements:
View attachment 3678494
This is #181, and to get it you can tell neither Lisa nor George about the blackmail scheme.

When the first trigger comes up with Lisa at the club, this is how it's presented: View attachment 3678497
Looks fine - just choose "Keep it to yourself".

However, if you do make that choice, here's what it looks like when the matter comes up with George:
View attachment 3678503
You have to choose "Don't" here to get the achievement, but the way it presents, with the strike-through, it registered in my mind as unavailable the when I first saw it. Went back to a save point and chose it anyway, and it worked.

Oddly enough, if you DO choose to tell Lisa, here's what the George screen looks like:
View attachment 3678519
I think you may have simply reversed the presentation - the first presentation should come up if you already told Lisa, but the second presentation should come up if you didn't tell Lisa.

Maybe also using your [1/2] and [2/2] indicators would help as well.

Just another thing to put on the checklist for the next update.

Hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day.
Confirmed. I did in fact have my guide's conditional reversed. Well caught bud. I've sorted it as well in my personal build for both steam/non-steam versions so I don't forget later. Thank you, sincerely.

FYI: I also fixed the "Req: (LisaBMConfide)" to be "Req: (LisaBMConfide)"

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes