Ren'Py "Castlecry" by The Open Project

Soulord

May 21, 2017
Great idea, we need more games like Free Cities etc. Played the first demo for a couple of minutes, I get that you might have already adressed these things but if you haven't:

- When you click any of the 'available buildings' you population goes up by 1 without action cost
- When 'wondering the realm' it gives errors, also I think that should be 'wander the realm'
- Maybe give an indication before constructing buildings what they will cost and actually do (as now it just tells you what it will cost if you don't have enough money)
- Also the english in the intro sometimes feels a bit broken, not bad but not good either

Looking forward to the next build!
Hi,

First, thank you for your feedback, it helps me a lot (As the head developer of CastleCry)! Also, I just fixed points 1,2 and 3 so they will all be fixed in the next version soon to be released.

Thank you again for your feedback,

Soul'

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
All right, I apologize if these are a dumb questions, but will the game have monster girls? And, uh, will you be willing to accept a writer who has no knowledge of programming?

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
All right, I apologize if these are a dumb questions, but will the game have monster girls? And, uh, will you be willing to accept a writer who has no knowledge of programming?
No monster girl in this game, maybe later games if we get to that point. And yes we would be, just follow the link to our discord and message me! :)

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
No progress in over 2 years? Well.... 2 likely explanations. It's dead or noone have been able to find a new release. Usually the first.
Kind of on hold, more wonderful drama. But we do have big surprise in the works.

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
Kind of on hold, more wonderful drama. But we do have big surprise in the works.
I stand corrected. Might want to contact a crew then and get onhold tag on it. Less pitchfork and torches, although this have slipped the attention of the filthy peasant rabble for 2 years.

Hal9k

Jul 3, 2020
any news? The linked version, even though it is named a 1.0 release, is at best a bare bone and buggy demo.

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
any news? The linked version, even though it is named a 1.0 release, is at best a bare bone and buggy demo.
The version up is really outdated as we went to move to a different game engine and overhaul but then I lost most of my team a while back. But now we are working on a new game that is close to initial release. It is something close to Crusader Kings 2 and Free Cities set in a post apocalyptical world.

Kunt

May 6, 2018
The version up is really outdated as we went to move to a different game engine and overhaul but then I lost most of my team a while back. But now we are working on a new game that is close to initial release. It is something close to Crusader Kings 2 and Free Cities set in a post apocalyptical world.
any link to that?