Unity Casting Master [v0.0.6 alpha demo] [Unirion]

3.40 star(s) 9 Votes

fortifel

Oct 17, 2020
green smiling. thumbs up smiling girl WRONG~!
You have to compare. It could be that smiling is "+", but transport is "-", so if the girl is smiling, but there's a bike and a train, it will be one "+" against two "-", so the decision should be "-". Watch at the bottom of the screen after choice, there's a short pop-up message that explains why you was right or wrong.

coopshire

Sep 20, 2018
art ok game HOT TRASH!
It's an early demo. You can't judge the game based on what it has, but more so of the potential. I've subbed to him for this very reason. There is a lot of area to expand on, improve on, but what it offers currently, is exceptional. Like you said, the artwork is great, I don't see any bugs, everything is smooth, and responsive. Great work.

Telamon

Jun 18, 2017
Art is nice and I like the concept. The icons above their head can be a bit unclear at times. I had one where fashion was green but beauty was red. I guess makeup type icons are beauty?

Reactions: Xypster

Unirion

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2021
Hey guys! Just want to let you now, that I'm here
And I really carefully read all your comments, for which I am very ❤ grateful to you.

Also, I hope the F95 support team will allow me to get thread ownership soon, so I can adjust some game info and keep you updated with it.

Thank you for your deep interest in the game!

Aarthunax

Oct 18, 2018
The art looks great but there really needs to be some sort of reward for getting the auditions correct, like getting to view a post-audition scene or something. Otherwise there is little reason to play the game or support it w/o much adult content.

Reactions: poodles and Unirion

Unirion

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2021
The art looks great but there really needs to be some sort of reward for getting the auditions correct, like getting to view a post-audition scene or something. Otherwise there is little reason to play the game or support it w/o much adult content.
Definitely! In the finest roguelike traditions, the player will have a chance to unlock the so-called photoleaks (various forms of lewd involving the character) with a certain probability, right after the player makes a decision regarding the character. And this chance will be influenced by the upgradeable talents/skills of neighboring characters unlocked by the player for in-game currency.

Screenshot_5.jpg

oddasama

Aug 5, 2016
The main difficulty from the game, and a mistake in my opinion, comes from the fact that unlike an AI being trained (which is what this minigame simulates) we, the players don't know what tag each picture is linked to.
A designer purse: Luxury? Fashion? Beauty? No idea, but I get it wrong every time.
We need a compendium available on the main menu to progress.
Also the game is very grindy. 25k for each unlock, considering you only get credits if you win the round, if like me you're consistently failing before the third round that's roughly 30 runs per unlock.
And all that for AI generated stills.
That's a lot of cons and not many pros.
Maybe after a few releases.

StrikeNoir

Mar 29, 2019
I like the art. You mostly figure out what's what fairly quick. Apples are food and ground, etc. A glossary would be nice though. Will check it out again when there's some actual content.

Reactions: poodles and Xypster

mmarchesotti

Dec 26, 2022
People say the game is not clear, but it gives feedback for what are the matching traits between the character and the advantages or disadvantages, just learn from that. I believe a time limit will fit very well into the game, maybe as a way to determine how much money you make.

Question: only 51 characters available for now, right?

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
The game needs tooltips over the icons. I don't want to fail so many times until I learn all of the icons from the feedback I get after the choice.

Reactions: Lisardlaser

Unirion

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2021
People say the game is not clear, but it gives feedback for what are the matching traits between the character and the advantages or disadvantages, just learn from that. I believe a time limit will fit very well into the game, maybe as a way to determine how much money you make.

Question: only 51 characters available for now, right?
By default, 51 characters are open. +30 characters are ready to play, but can be discovered after reaching the final "Master" level (demo not includes). More chars are coming soon.

Reactions: mmarchesotti

mtmf

Sep 6, 2017
Ok, I'm confused. WTF is "nudeless" supposed to mean?

Edit: Well, I ended up figuring it's what I imagined at first and it's supposed to mean no nudity, but that's not a word. I was confused at first because I got weird results while trying that option, but I guess it was because of the other tags.

Last edited:

munstre

Jun 23, 2019
I really like the idea. I hope you figure out how to implement lewd content in a satisfying manner. GL

Reactions: Unirion
Jul 9, 2017
I like the concept...however what is seen as right and wrong answers based on the icons is crazy in my opinion. I fail so much because I end up in a situation where the remaining girls have no obvious icons relating to the advantages/disadvantages but I always get them wrong in the end.

An example of not understanding the icons that I experienced was; Beer, Lock, Ring icons and she was half nude which equated to 1:1 and neutrals were approved...approving her caused me to lose because something of those was considered "nudeless" which was a disadvantage.

Last edited:

Unirion

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2021
Just want to let you know, that recently I have added MacOS + Linux builds on itch.io:
Unfortunately, still have no ownership of this thread, to be able to keep download links updated here.

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
I don't want to write a full review of a demo but I had fun with it.
People complaining about picking wrong were either thinking too hard about the icons or didn't understand the positive/negative aspect of the scoring. All of that was fine, the most trouble I had was determining if a girl was "smiling" or not (apparently smirks don't count).
I don't think the game should have released without an example of the reward content though. Sure, I think it's novel and funny that girls show up to their castings just randomly bottomless or whatever, but after a few rounds it definitely needs a second part. And right now we don't know if that second part is worth continuing playing for.
It would also REALLY help if there were more girls in a round than you needed to pass it, so that if you do get stuck with a WTF symbol, you can just ignore them and possibly still meet the quota.

3.40 star(s) 9 Votes