Unity - Casting Master [v0.0.6 alpha demo] [Unirion]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Helldien

Casting Master [v0.0.6 alpha demo]

Even what's uploaded from the demo looks interesting, although there's still a huge lack of content, so there's not much to rate.

The graphics look good, although for those who don't like AI generated images this game won't be the best option to choose. They should add some form of stable progression soon, such as items to spend coins on, character progression or getting H-scenes, so at the moment I can't give a particularly positive rating.

I give this game a 3.7 out of 10.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

monk_56

TL/DR: Very difficult to rate due to lots of missing features, which could make or break the game. Core game-play loop is structured around quickly being able to group gals into pass/fail categories based on a dynamically changing set of casting requirements. Very polished aesthetic. Giving it a neutral rating, since the proof of concept is compelling- but it is missing so many features it doesn't deserve a high rating yet.

+ Looks amazing
    + Narrative hook in the intro works
    + I like the look of the protagonist
    + Dev working on the project is intelligent and has a good eye for quality
    + Game-play loop is somewhat fun- but a bit repetitive.

~No sexual content (yet)
    ~No narrative content (yet) outside of a short intro.
    ~The development of the game itself will determine if this title ends up being nice or not.

- How narrative is added will pretty much make or break this title.
    - If the developer fails to make the core game loop more interesting, with some additional wrinkles ect- it will get very boring quickly.
    - Using in game currency to unlock scene content isn't very immersive.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

yeezykanye

Summary: This game sets itself apart with its remarkable artistry, engaging progression, and an overall vibe that's truly immersive. However, while the diverse and visually appealing characters add depth, the storyline falls a bit short.

Pros: Art: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ One of the standout features of this game is undoubtedly its breathtaking art. very creative.

Progression: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The game provides an engaging and rewarding progression system.

Overall Vibe: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ It creates an immersive experience

Character Design: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The love and attention given to the characters are evident. Each character boasts unique traits and appearances, adding depth and variety to the game's world.

Cons: Story: ⭐⭐⭐ While the game excels in various aspects, the storyline falls short of matching the excellence seen elsewhere. It's serviceable but lacks the depth and impact that the rest of the game possesses.

4.5*
  4. 5.00 star(s)

alicecila

Nice gameplay and UI base. I can definitely see where the Dev wants to go with the game, and there really is a lot of foundational stuff that makes me want to see the full version when its completed.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

meingott02

It's a good proof of concept and one of the few, if only roguelike that I've seen on here.

It definitely needs something more to get the player invested in the girls they're meeting. But as very early alpha, I think it's a neat concept that I'll follow to see what comes of its development.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Casting Master is a proof of concept for a... honestly it's pretty hard to describe.

Let me give it a shot. Basically you're shown a selection of girls with a couple icons above their heads. You're also given a list advantages and disadvantages for casting. These could be boring things like luxury, beauty, sports, or gardening or the fun ones like topless or completely nude. Then you have to approve or deny each girl based on whether they have more advantages or disadvantages total.

There's a bit of a learning curve on the game as it isn't always immediately obvious which icon belongs to which category. I'd occasionally make mistakes because I was going too fast, and occasionally make mistakes because an icon was or wasn't in the category I thought it was.

At the moment, that's all there is to it. While the game isn't inherently bad, it only really entertained me for twenty or thirty minutes. I'm rather concerned as to what could be added to keep a player coming back as opposed to almost immediately burnt out. There's a currently disabled reward system that will unlock things(?), but locking a bunch of content behind grind really won't help things, especially at the currently displayed price points.

That said, the UI, images and music are all pretty fantastic. It's an incredible presentation all told. While I personally don't see a way to turn this proof of concept into a full blown game, hopefully the devs have a more complete vision than I do.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

coopshire

I completely disagree with the other reviews here that discuss major flaws in a DEMO of a game. Are there some frustrations with the icons? yes, are the
    'rewards' too difficult to obtain? Theyre not even implemented in this version.

The great thing i see about the game is, how responsive it is, the concept of it, and the possibilities. Not going to complain about the difficulty of a rouge like, because it's designed to be hard at first. Excited to see where it goes.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

sofuckyyy

The game's art is really good but the overall design is pretty flawed and just leads to frustration. It isn't very forgiving and any mistake(which are very easy to make as the categories are super unclear) will cost you heavily time-wise which compounds the frustration. It's a real shame as the overall game runs well and is clearly made with quality in mind along with the art. At the end of the day though it is more frustrating than fun and has little to no fap material so it doesn't make a good adult game.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

salvya

The game merges adult themes with roguelike mechanics. The role of a Girl's Casting Director is intriguing and presents a world filled with diverse characters. The array of girls to cast is impressive, boasting a wide range of fashion tastes and personalities. This diversity adds depth to the game, ensuring that each casting session feels fresh and engaging.

The art quality is commendable, adding to the game's appeal. The game's concept of managing castings, dealing with various challenges, and uncovering secrets is intriguing and offers a new twist to the genre. However, the game's mechanics can be somewhat overwhelming for new players. The lack of a comprehensive tutorial or index makes the learning curve steeper than necessary, which might deter players from fully enjoying the experience.

The combination of adult elements with strategic gameplay is innovative but may not appeal to all players. The game requires quick thinking and sharp counting skills, adding a layer of complexity that is both a strength and a hindrance, depending on the player's preferences.

Despite its potential and visually appealing art, for me it earns a 3 out of 5. It's a game with a solid foundation and great potential for expansion, but it currently suffers from a lack of clear guidance for newcomers and a niche appeal that might not resonate with a broader audience. If the developers can refine the tutorial aspect and make the game more accessible, it has the potential to evolve into a more universally appealing experience. For now, it remains a game with a unique concept that requires patience and a specific interest in its thematic content.