Mar 16, 2024
10/10, depending on how others like it, but i have encountered a problem when i install it, basically after loading it gives a dark screen, the only things i can see, interact, are the health and the interacting, basically, it justs puts it on my creen forever unless i press Esc wich pauses the game, it still keeps the black screen and i cant play, my computer has a skill issue :(

Luin

Jul 4, 2018
basically after loading it gives a dark screen, the only things i can see, interact, are the health and the interacting, basically, it justs puts it on my creen forever unless i press Esc wich pauses the game, it still keeps the black screen and i cant play, my computer has a skill issue :(
I'm not sure I can understand what you are trying to communicate here... Is it about the base game or my mod for it? For clarity's sake, the mod is for 1.0.5b, not debug version. In other cases, the only times there were issues with black screen (for me, in the vanilla version) are when the OS tried to run the game in a non compatible resolution or when there were problems with access rights to the save file (the game couldn't create or write to the xGameDB.db) These issues are not related to modded dll in any way. You can try to fix the first issue in the base game by running it in a windowed mode. The second issue can be fixed by checking and granting write access to the save folder and files in it (located in %appdata% \Locallow\Perveloper\Captivity\)

Mar 16, 2024
I'm not sure I can understand what you are trying to communicate here... Is it about the base game or my mod for it? For clarity's sake, the mod is for 1.0.5b, not debug version. In other cases, the only times there were issues with black screen (for me, in the vanilla version) are when the OS tried to run the game in a non compatible resolution or when there were problems with access rights to the save file (the game couldn't create or write to the xGameDB.db) These issues are not related to modded dll in any way. You can try to fix the first issue in the base game by running it in a windowed mode. The second issue can be fixed by checking and granting write access to the save folder and files in it (located in %appdata% \Locallow\Perveloper\Captivity\)
so, do you know when you look in a empty skybox in a 3d game? well its very similar to that, but now its in 2d, something like that.

BrockLess

Feb 12, 2022
Right, yeah, of course.

So, yes, the correct button is under 'Plugins' and it is 'export to .png' to get the files out. It'll ask you where you want them like downloading a file, and you can multi-select a bunch of them by shift-clicking and it'll extract them all.
View attachment 3395793
Dunno what a .tga is, don't use it.

When putting them back, you select 'Edit' from that menu which will bring up this mess.
View attachment 3395795
We want none of this... except for the 'Load' button, which will ask you to point at an image for it to load as the selected texture. Same deal as before, but you can't multi-select them (to the best of my knowledge) and obviously you have to be careful not to slot the wrong image in, so keep an eye on those names.

After you're done, hit 'Apply and save all' under the 'File' dropdown at the top.
View attachment 3395803
You can't overwrite anything you're currently editing, so either rename it or... huh, left to its own devices it adds .mod to the end, which functions perfectly well, but if you have that stupid 'hide file types' thing turned on, would it...?
...Uh, rename it, save it, then toss the original file and rename the modded one as the original. Toss the original first, since windows doesn't let you overwrite via renaming for some reason.
Sooooooooooo if i understood it right, i have to extract every asset all on their own, and edit them together? Or know which asset are different and extract those and edit together. (I've never done this kind of thing before, so im uncertain)

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Sooooooooooo if i understood it right, i have to extract every asset all on their own, and edit them together? Or know which asset are different and extract those and edit together. (I've never done this kind of thing before, so im uncertain)
I don't... think so. What are you actually trying to do?
If you want to make a cosmetic edit, then you export the files you want to edit, edit them, then put them back in via the quoted method. Trouble is, NPCs all share the same names for their parts, so you kinda have to export all of them and visually determine which is which.
You don't... like, combine multiple images into one, that wouldn't work and would look terrible.
If you want to combine two mods together or port them to the Debug build, you also have to export all of them and figure out what's changed by comparing them to a vanilla copy's exports using your knowledge of what was changed and good old mark 1 eyeballs. I don't... think you're asking how to do that, and I (sometimes) do it when people ask.

BrockLess

Feb 12, 2022
I don't... think so. What are you actually trying to do?
If you want to make a cosmetic edit, then you export the files you want to edit, edit them, then put them back in via the quoted method. Trouble is, NPCs all share the same names for their parts, so you kinda have to export all of them and visually determine which is which.
You don't... like, combine multiple images into one, that wouldn't work and would look terrible.
If you want to combine two mods together or port them to the Debug build, you also have to export all of them and figure out what's changed by comparing them to a vanilla copy's exports using your knowledge of what was changed and good old mark 1 eyeballs. I don't... think you're asking how to do that, and I (sometimes) do it when people ask.
I'm trying to combine 3 mods or rather 4 mods since one is already combined into one.
But since i've never done this, i'm really confused on how to do it the way u described.
The way i understood and tried is opening all the mods and the normal sharedassets0.assets, to put everything into the default assets (without extracting), which i immediately stopped trying because it didn't make sense.
The way i think i understand it now, is that there is a way to extract every asset? (not by selecting every asset by hand)
Then to put the modded extracted assets into the vanilla extracted assets.(i asume putting everything into vanilla assets would make everything more easier because of the 4 mods (tell me if i'm wrong)
I hope i wasn't wrong with the last bit.

Last edited:

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
I'm trying to combine 3 mods or rather 4 mods since one is already combined into one.
But since i've never done this, i'm really confused on how to do it the way u described.
The way i understood and tried is opening all the mods and the normal sharedassets0.assets, to put everything into the default assets (without extracting), which i immediately stopped trying because it didn't make sense.
The way i think i understand it now, is that there is a way to extract every asset? (not by selecting every asset by hand)
Then to put the modded extracted assets into the vanilla extracted assets.(i assume putting everything into vanilla assets would make everything more easier because of the 4 mods (tell me if i'm wrong)
I hope i wasn't wrong with the last bit.
You sort by type, select the first texture, then shift-click the last.
This will select all textures, allowing a single export to just pull all of them.
...The issue with combining them then is that, for every mod you've exported, you have a complete list of all the textures in the game, some modded, most not.
Just editing them all back in will overwrite other mods modded textures. ...Plus, it'll take forever, since you can't mass-import textures the way you exported them.
Thus, you want to only put back in MODIFIED textures, which requires a bit of time, knowing what the mod changed, and good old mark 1 eyeballs to narrow it down.

BrockLess

Feb 12, 2022
This will select all textures, allowing a single export to just pull all of them.
...The issue with combining them then is that, for every mod you've exported, you have a complete list of all the textures in the game, some modded, most not.
Just editing them all back in will overwrite other mods modded textures. ...Plus, it'll take forever, since you can't mass-import textures the way you exported them.
Thus, you want to only put back in MODIFIED textures, which requires a bit of time, knowing what the mod changed, and good old mark 1 eyeballs to narrow it down.
Well i'm glad i understand it now thanks to you, though i'm not sure if i'm gonna like the work it's gonna take to make that "modpack".
I will still gonna try it, if it works i might post it here for others to enjoy.

BrockLess

Feb 12, 2022
Is it normal that some png are broken after extracting? 1711667778437.png

Kinko34

Jun 30, 2021
Is it any difference if I get the game here or on Itchio? Can I mod it on Itchio as well? It looks like its the same version but then there is also a dev version what I have read. Any help is appreciated :)

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Is it any difference if I get the game here or on Itchio? Can I mod it on Itchio as well? It looks like its the same version but then there is also a dev version what I have read. Any help is appreciated :)
Identical. Same versions. The version numbers probably should've clued you in.
The Dev Version you may consider 1.0.5c. It has a then experimental system that caused the player's stomach to inflate when pregnant.

Reactions: Kinko34

Uhm3032

Dec 28, 2023
Hi everyone, if you guys don't mind teaching me. How do i install mods in this game? I came back to this game to see how people are liking it and i saw mods for this game. Am i am amazed, hopefully someone care's on teaching me how to install these mods. Thanks in advance :>

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Hi everyone, if you guys don't mind teaching me. How do i install mods in this game? I came back to this game to see how people are liking it and i saw mods for this game. Am i am amazed, hopefully someone care's on teaching me how to install these mods. Thanks in advance :>
Drag, drop, overwrite. It's as simple as it gets.
...Unless you want to make something new or use multiple mods at once. Then it gets annoying.

Luin

Jul 4, 2018
Anyone know how to find all the statue in the jungle?
It is a random chance from each 4 types of enemies present on stage, the exact value is unknown (I believe it's around 1%). In other words, the more enemies there are, the higher your chance to get one on kill.

edit: Whoops, someone already answered the question. Still, I find it's important to know that you get a single fetish from an enemy type: one from Marksman, one from Trapper, one from Orc and one from Minor.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_Kenki3
4.40 star(s) 77 Votes