Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
So we just letting any old "translation" be posted now. Partial normally means majority is translated except a few items etc but this takes the cake. I'd understand if it was a work in progress translation but that doesn't seem to be the case.

croPath

May 10, 2017
So we just letting any old "translation" be posted now. Partial normally means majority is translated except a few items etc but this takes the cake. I'd understand if it was a work in progress translation but that doesn't seem to be the case.
still better then a non edited MTL

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The problem is that partial on it's own doesn't tell you much. I could post two translations, one where I've translated a single line at the start, and one where all but the first line are translated, and both could be considered partial translations. Posts like OP are just setting people up for disappointment.
I mean 99% of partials are UI translations because the UI is the one thing that text aggregators struggle with. I get that many people who just play english games might not know that. I was pointing it out in an effort to save people time not antagonize. What can I say, I'm an asshole it's hard to turn off lol.

• Red Heart
Reactions: maeqlin

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
I mean 99% of partials are UI translations because the UI is the one thing that text aggregators struggle with. I get that many people who just play english games might not know that. I was pointing it out in an effort to save people time not antagonize. What can I say, I'm an asshole it's hard to turn off lol.
I think the main issue people are having is the majority of the games on this site are fully translated. Be is a shitty unedited MTL or a full coherent translation. This one seems to be neither.

Reactions: Rethos and byran47

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
No, partials does not mean majority is translated. Partials have always been synonymous with UI translations. Most Partials (like this one) come from ULMF and are UI translations.
I think the main issue people are having is the majority of the games on this site are fully translated. Be is a shitty unedited MTL or a full coherent translation. This one seems to be neither.
Nah man I get you. Partials don't bother me personally. but I get why others might be annoyed. I recommend everyone who is disappointed get textractor. It is basically going to give you an MTL translation but without bugs. It is how we used to do it old school before people translated the games. :) If enough people are curious about it I can throw together a post on how to use it.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Now even partial translations are allowed? When in the past there were like "crusades" and such, if anyone even dared about posting such thing?

Sure this forum has changed. But thanks anyway for the game, I suppose. Guess I'm gonna blow some dust off to chiitrans, if that even still works nowadays, or translator++.

Reactions: Silentce and Rethos

Rethos

Dec 21, 2018
Its not even partially translated, legit it's only the menus that shouldn't even count.
Why would anyone who can't fluently speak/understand japanese even touch this?
It's just a simple CG show right now...not enjoyable at all.

Jun 24, 2017
No, partials does not mean majority is translated. Partials have always been synonymous with UI translations. Most Partials (like this one) come from ULMF and are UI translations.

Nah man I get you. Partials don't bother me personally. but I get why others might be annoyed. I recommend everyone who is disappointed get textractor. It is basically going to give you an MTL translation but without bugs. It is how we used to do it old school before people translated the games. :) If enough people are curious about it I can throw together a post on how to use it.
I would like said post please. I took at look at textractor, and I'm not really sure how it works.

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Interesting how something that can even barely be called a partial ( even by other partials standards), is allowed in f95 .
And even better.... Its tagged as "Completed" at the top of the thread.

Reactions: Rethos and Rizo

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I would like said post please. I took at look at textractor, and I'm not really sure how it works.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's it. Hopefully this long ass post helps!

BTW I generally use multiple machine translators if I use this because sometimes one might not work right or get timed out so you have a backup.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes