Unity Breeding Season Estrus [v0.0.1] [H-Bomb]

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes

ZOObastik

Jul 26, 2017
Glad to see H-Bomb is still around. Always wondered what happened to him after he got f-ked over with his last game.
I'm sad that initial breeding season got abandoned.
But as I see it now, after almost a decade:

First half of developers (H-Purple and others) are making their own game and have been working on it for the whole time, with updates every one-two months and with neat full-screen pixel-art animations, with several game mechanics and fights

Other half (H-Bomb) was somewhere offline and now started something with fucked-up AI shit

So maybe, just maybe, H-Bomb deserved to get fucked with his last game

Reactions: Keifeto

Axato

Apr 27, 2018
I'm sad that initial breeding season got abandoned.
But as I see it now, after almost a decade:

First half of developers (H-Purple and others) are making their own game and have been working on it for the whole time, with updates every one-two months and with neat full-screen pixel-art animations, with several game mechanics and fights

Other half (H-Bomb) was somewhere offline and now started something with fucked-up AI shit

So maybe, just maybe, H-Bomb deserved to get fucked with his last game
I mean, H-bomb doesn't appear to be really trying with this one, more than 6 months have passed since the first release and the game hasn't gone very far.
I don't have many hopes but I wish he proves me wrong

Reactions: Tuga85

Besharia

May 6, 2018
I might be the minority here but I always felt Breeding Season was far superior to Cloud Haven or whatever the name is. Breeding Season had a focus and did that thing well. CH on the other hand suffers from what I call World of Warcraft Syndrome. Where the game tries to do everything and fails to do anything well. The only reason WoW is successful as it is is because Blizzard has enough people and money to brute force through it's problems... CH doesn't have that. It tries to do farming, crafting, adventuring, breeding, etc. And to me fails at all of them.

RunningFurniture

Mar 4, 2019
I might be the minority here but I always felt Breeding Season was far superior to Cloud Haven or whatever the name is. Breeding Season had a focus and did that thing well. CH on the other hand suffers from what I call World of Warcraft Syndrome. Where the game tries to do everything and fails to do anything well. The only reason WoW is successful as it is is because Blizzard has enough people and money to brute force through it's problems... CH doesn't have that. It tries to do farming, crafting, adventuring, breeding, etc. And to me fails at all of them.
its called cloud meadows

DracoParadoxVI

Dec 5, 2017

I kinda feel the same way. I have to admit that I own Cloud Meadow on Steam...but it doesn't feel the same. I didn't like that it's now kinda RPG, the fact that all monsters look the same (same hair, same animations, same faces, etc) along the monster x monster animations being just super tiny pixel art animations felt like a huge...setback, like, it feels like I got less from Cloud Meadow compared to Breeding Season. And I think there's also less monsters compared to BS, which it's a shame

May 3, 2022
I kinda feel the same way. I have to admit that I own Cloud Meadow on Steam...but it doesn't feel the same. I didn't like that it's now kinda RPG, the fact that all monsters look the same (same hair, same animations, same faces, etc) along the monster x monster animations being just super tiny pixel art animations felt like a huge...setback, like, it feels like I got less from Cloud Meadow compared to Breeding Season. And I think there's also less monsters compared to BS, which it's a shame
Agreed, in my opinion it didn't understand what made Breeding Season great and largely lost its essence. The monsters were supposed to be the focus, having 0 variations of the monster (other than color swaps that were an afterthought in development) takes all of the fun out of the breeding part of the game. Sure, the animations were neat but once you've seen them once that's it. It's not a good enough dungeon diving rpg and the other aspects of the game don't carry it. The npcs are okay but BS had better npcs overall. And futa fans were just thrown a (singular) bone. This is why there are still so many indie devs trying their hand in this little sub-genre, because there hasn't been one complete game that truly scratches the itch that BS did (though I will always give a nod to Breeders of the Nephelym for coming the closest despite being a f2p one man passion project, it deserves some respect despite its flaws).

Reactions: kpsychopath

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Agreed, in my opinion it didn't understand what made Breeding Season great and largely lost its essence. The monsters were supposed to be the focus, having 0 variations of the monster (other than color swaps that were an afterthought in development) takes all of the fun out of the breeding part of the game. Sure, the animations were neat but once you've seen them once that's it. It's not a good enough dungeon diving rpg and the other aspects of the game don't carry it. The npcs are okay but BS had better npcs overall. And futa fans were just thrown a (singular) bone. This is why there are still so many indie devs trying their hand in this little sub-genre, because there hasn't been one complete game that truly scratches the itch that BS did (though I will always give a nod to Breeders of the Nephelym for coming the closest despite being a f2p one man passion project, it deserves some respect despite its flaws).
Agreed I love BotN.

Argrond

Mar 21, 2019
lol it'd be hilarious if this gets abandoned again so soon, last post was february, oh the poor gullible 102 patrons...
It already is. I have no idea what were those 102 people thinking falling for this just like that.
But it's HBomb we are talking about, everything is possible with this dude except frequent updates and mental stability.

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes