PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
I had lag and the opening was only showing a black screen. This is what I did to get the game working on Win 10.

Set compatibility of brave_s.exe as follows:

View attachment 414376

Ran brave_s.exe and on the options menus that opens I selected as follows:

View attachment 414374

Thanks to Sinphil who pointed out to use reduced color mode.
This helped me a lot, so thanks for it!
I got it to run in windowed mode the best it will get, at least for me on a 1080p monitor.

Win 10 800x 600.png

What i did was make another desktop, or in my case i use the freeware for a good while now and i changed the screen resolution with yet another freeware program, which lets me switch via hotkey between my default 1920x1080 and 800x600 that one is called .

It might be overkill like i did it, i can see that, but this is not the first and will not be the last old vn i will be playing, so having as few steps as possible to get there is pretty handy. ;)

Also thank you, DarkBlue666, for reminding me, that playing games in windowed mode and resolution changing the desktop are a thing, honestly wouldn't have been able to play and especially read the text without him mentioning windowed mode reducing the lag the game does have on its own. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Silent boy

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
lol my first h game, been like 13 years now since i played this, boy did it seem better in my memory hahaha only gripe is having to use the mouse for all movement and attacks but meh its manageable lol.

thank you to others who pointed out how to play this gem so i can relive my teenage years again :p

Rubber_Toe

Jun 3, 2017
So, I'm gonna try downloading this version as I've been downloading it from other sources, and hopefully this one works on me.

But the problem I'm having is whenever I get to the town for the 1st time, the NPCs aren't there; as if they don't exist. because of this, I can't progress through the game. Anyone got a fix for this?

Edit: Nevermind. Oddly enough, if I run this game in Japanese Locale, the issue is fixed. kinda weird considering that we're supposed to be playing this game that's then translated to English. But eh, no probs.

Last edited:

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
So, I'm gonna try downloading this version as I've been downloading it from other sources, and hopefully this one works on me.

But the problem I'm having is whenever I get to the town for the 1st time, the NPCs aren't there; as if they don't exist. because of this, I can't progress through the game. Anyone got a fix for this?
only advice i can give is fallow what people on here said i got it to work, given its age though i had CTD issues so ill advise you to save often

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Literally my childhood game bruv.
I wonder how will it feel replaying it today. :unsure::coffee:
From what i recall it was rather nice rpg.
May have been one of the first rpgs that helped cultivate my intense love towards fantasy and rpg genre.

Last edited:

Telias

Nov 3, 2019
Could you Reupp this Game?
I search for Games like this, older ones with Pixels and Gameplay ... search for the Dragon Knights too but i dont know if they are English Translations... Soory a lot of text but all i need here is a re Up, looks off everywere

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Finally found you, the only game that had me captivated with pretty much everything: how it intertwined VN and RPG elements, how at no point did it try to spoonfeed you the H, and the music...even the opening made me go find the full version of that song. Also, one of the two games that introduced me to the world of H-Games (alongside X-Change).

P.S. AI, hurry up and get better - I need you to learn how to write music so I can transcode midi tracks without making them sound worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pirata and FeLisk

Sensei2000

Oct 21, 2020
Do i have to finish the game for the first time to get other main heroines?

Last edited:

Pirata

Jun 11, 2017
This was one of my first games when I was a horny 13-14 year old I found this gem in kazaa (any of you remember that? those were the days before torrents became popular during the days of napster) this game took me like 3 days to download and at that time this was revolutionary very few games had voice acting, I spent hours upon hours on this game I wonder how it will feel going down memory lane.

Ihsan_20

Nov 4, 2017
This helped me a lot, so thanks for it!
I got it to run in windowed mode the best it will get, at least for me on a 1080p monitor.

View attachment 1410453

What i did was make another desktop, or in my case i use the freeware for a good while now and i changed the screen resolution with yet another freeware program, which lets me switch via hotkey between my default 1920x1080 and 800x600 that one is called .

It might be overkill like i did it, i can see that, but this is not the first and will not be the last old vn i will be playing, so having as few steps as possible to get there is pretty handy. ;)

Also thank you, DarkBlue666, for reminding me, that playing games in windowed mode and resolution changing the desktop are a thing, honestly wouldn't have been able to play and especially read the text without him mentioning windowed mode reducing the lag the game does have on its own. :)
bro.. do you know why my text looks like this while yours looks so clear?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes