Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Regional settings are the coders nightmare, but in this case, simply replacing "," with "." should to the trick (and pray no thousand separator was used). Or am I oversimplifying here?
Unfortunately, yes.
I tried this too and then another region does not work anymore >_<
So , what i did was creating a static function which checks what float conversion actually works.
(What a shitshow i have to say)
Looks something like this :

C:
private static bool? FloatCommaUseinsteadtofPoint = null;
    public static bool StringToFloatRegionFree(string cmd,out float Value)
    {
        //what a shitshow....
        if (FloatCommaUseinsteadtofPoint == null)
        {
            //first step, try out which conversion works
            string commaSeperated = "1,4";
            string pointSeperated = "1.4";
            float CommaSep = -1.0f;
            float PointSep = -1.0f;
            float.TryParse(commaSeperated, out CommaSep);
            float.TryParse(pointSeperated, out PointSep);
            //check which one actually makes it work
            if (CommaSep == 1.4f)
                FloatCommaUseinsteadtofPoint = true;
            if (PointSep == 1.4f)
                FloatCommaUseinsteadtofPoint = false;
        }
        float returnvalue = -9999.99f;
        bool conversionSucceded = false;
        //now make the real conversion using the knowledge from the above shitshow.
        if(FloatCommaUseinsteadtofPoint != null && FloatCommaUseinsteadtofPoint == true)
        {
            conversionSucceded = float.TryParse(cmd.Replace(".", ","), out returnvalue);
            if (conversionSucceded)
            {
                Value = returnvalue;
                return true;
            }
        }
        if (FloatCommaUseinsteadtofPoint != null && FloatCommaUseinsteadtofPoint == false)
        {
            conversionSucceded = float.TryParse(cmd.Replace(",", "."), out returnvalue);
            if (conversionSucceded)
            {
                Value = returnvalue;
                return true;
            }
        }
        //Make it really bad to show that the conversion did not succed
        print($"WARNING , float conversion failed, not able to parse {cmd} into something useful.");
        Value = -9999.99f;
        return false; ;

}

Arkanae

May 29, 2018
I am having trouble running the linux version: the game runs, but the "Start Game" button in the menu is unreactive (all the other buttons work). Am I missing something?

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I am having trouble running the linux version: the game runs, but the "Start Game" button in the menu is unreactive (all the other buttons work). Am I missing something?
uff… only vague ideas..
I do not have Linux, so I can not test it, from experience I would say it has something to do with the game resolution.
The game is suppose to run on 1080p so if you using anything smaller, it could be that buttons distrub each others trigger area.

Arkanae

May 29, 2018
uff… only vague ideas..
I do not have Linux, so I can not test it, from experience I would say it has something to do with the game resolution.
The game is suppose to run on 1080p so if you using anything smaller, it could be that buttons distrub each others trigger area.
100% spot on. Changing the resolution to > 1080 fixed it. I currently have no choice but to run this game on a potato so large resolutions are inconvenient, but switching back to a smaller resolution after creating a save seems to have worked just fine.

Also, TBO1981 I am running this on a Fedora 28, because said potato is too much trouble to upgrade to something less ancient.

Xelztied

Jul 9, 2018
Ahh... that explains it all >_<
Yes, this was the big bug we chased before we could release version 0.16.
Uff.. the problems are the float values (values like 4.572) which i read from a string file and convert to float again. And we had problems with these beforehand due to regional settings.
Okay.. need to have a look at this later, now.. i am running out of ideas with this but... whatever ~_~
Depending on what language you're coding in, there's a decent chance you can force what regional format (sometimes referred to as "culture") to use when outputting to/from strings.

EDIT: Since this is in Unity, I'll assume C# is used

(TLDR: use CultureInfo.InvariantCulture on at least all float tostrings and parsings)

Last edited:
Reactions: Incopl

Merlin-Magic

Jan 28, 2024
uff… only vague ideas..
Hi Kerni. Since I am one of your supporters you may remember that I have run BID on both Windows and Linux with no trouble. All the buttons work fine in Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon (the newest Linux kernel). I went through the entire BID with that version of Linux on Feb 18 to test my new computer. Previously I could not run at the maximum resolution but the game still worked on the old system. Now I am running at Ultra high resolution so everything is much smoother. The game runs fine in every respect and just like the Windows version except the sound. That came through the monitors (which sound awful) instead of the onboard sound. This seems to happen with every Unity game. Not just yours. The only thing I can figure is that it is caused by the Nvidia driver which the Windows PC does not have. I am ignoring that for now.
FIXED:
This tuned out to be the sound was coming through the monitors and the onboard sound. The monitors overpowered the onboard. Once I turned of the monitor sound everything worked perfectly. (I think I mentioned this on discord also).

Last edited:

jireir

May 26, 2018
I have some issue with this game. Whenever I download it and extract it I end up with a bunch of screenshots, a couple of files, read me and tips and tricks in the folder but no launch button. Any suggestions for what is wrong?

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Please use the .exe extension to start the game.
I have some issue with this game. Whenever I download it and extract it I end up with a bunch of screenshots, a couple of files, read me and tips and tricks in the folder but no launch button. Any suggestions for what is wrong?
1710016427471.png

jireir

May 26, 2018
Oh, I totally missed that one, thanks for the screenshot it looked really inconspicuous there. Thanks for help.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
BoundInDesire-0.18
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Hi, I don't know why the game freezes on my laptop
Mhn.. what you can do is look into the player.log file located in "C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Kernis none existing company\Bound in desire"

Maybe you can read what class has triggered the exception.
What you can.. try is to change your windows location setting to.. USA or germany or something. Sometimes the game tries to cast a float value from a string an failes. (then many things do not work anymore)
But.. this is a wild guess >_<

At best you look into the player.log. There the crash should be mentioned at the end of the file.

Reactions: Navid176

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
An update? Awesome! ....but I need the OSX version :(
Kerni any chance of a mac build for 0.18 ?
I usually make a mac/linux built for the official public releases and the closed beta releases. Not for the monthly alpha releases (which the 0.18 is).

Reactions: renice

bfn89318

Feb 17, 2020
After installing the milking device, if you talk to Luca before Ivy and select "Nori told me....", you will not be able to talk to Ivy and the game will not progress.

May 14, 2021
After the milking horizontal machine mission with the 2 girls if you go back to Luca and ask her about the collar again your game will bug, the machine and the 2 girls will appear there but u can't interract again to re-do the mission...

4.60 star(s) 7 Votes