RPGM Abandoned BoneHead [v0.1.17] [The BeerMine]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

djtoxinman

Mar 2, 2018
have you got rpg maker rtp installed cant remember if 202E is VX or VX ace but both can be downloaded from here

click desired RTP scroll to download if you dont wish to sign up go just below download and click already signed up link to download
but after that what do we do

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
I would love some help please. I'm totally stuck at the Fort Shale quest. I've saved the lady (first BJ of the game), then headed right, and now I'm blocked here. I went back till the entrance but can't find anything helpful :(

Capture.JPG

maxx mad

Feb 15, 2018
Tomy75
Good luck, i remember this dungeon was a lever nightmare, you're supposed to extinguish all nine flames (i think) and i remember getting stuck in there for quite some time and even after getting through (i'm not sure how) i couldn't get past the next area(s) anyway.

Or maybe i did, i remember finding the slave's camp, trying to craft and crash to desktop ...

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
More like he is building his own game engine and assets for another project with promise that when he will finish it he will use all the tools he made to work on bonehead, buuuuuuut with how much time passed already and him not posting anything besides layout of levels and how characters look in his another project I kinda lost any hope already.

Reactions: kelvessi

sajuuk1988

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I don't see him ever finishing this game.
From a glance I can see this is not going to work.

My first impressions of this game were amazing, and left a good impression so good that years later I still remember it
As being a game I want to play once it's furhter ahead.
I am sad that no progress has been made.
This game feels abandoned.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
The Real Problem is in 2 parts in my opinon atleast.

First of all the engine he used (atleast in my opinion.) was too weak to work with his game. RPG maker MV is quite better because 1 it is more stable less bugs and such,

Secound of all, it is if not easier to manage its easier to code/script in MV that uses Javascript plugins compared to ruby if you actually know how to code and make events in game that doesn create too many bugs. When making a tailored game in someone else engine.

Syntax
Ruby’s syntax is easier than JavaScript’s. It is short, easy to visualize, and often has only one way of achieving a result.
On the other hand, JavaScript has a lot of curly braces and other “weird” punctuation which might seem a bit off-putting for beginners. It also has multiple ways of achieving a result. It’s true it can sometimes be harder when you have a choice in how to achieve something: just like in cooking where it’s easier to follow a rigorous recipe than to actually cook by choosing the ingredients yourself.

While you might be thinking that Ruby is better in making a game now, let me say yes if you have YOUR OWN Engine or its a simple made game if not if its a game like Bone head its better with rpg maker MV, Because if you are using someone else engine, you are better of with javascript because you can tailor (if you are good enough at coding in the lang) the codes and plugins to fit you more customizable without making a huge crash vs the core plugins and system on mv.

All in all, you might ask yourself: why should I learn JavaScript over Ruby? Seems like a lot of work for similar results, doesn’t it?
Well, Ruby is indeed an easy first step to learn how to code. But learning how to code is rarely the end-result you are seeking. There’s probably a reason why you want to learn to code, usually building projects, landing a job in tech, or interacting better with developers.
And it turns out that, since its beginnings in 1995, JavaScript has evolved into quite a sophisticated and powerful language.
One of the biggest changes in JavaScript’s evolution is the creation of Node.js which has transformed it into a front-end AND back-end language. That means that you can actually build a full-stack Web application using only ONE language. React (released by Facebook in 2011) is another framework that has made JavaScript more powerful on the front-end side of Web applications.
Turns out React and Node.js are the top 2 “most wanted” technologies by developers according to Stack Overflow’s 2018 survey, meaning these are the frameworks most current developers want to learn. As far as programming languages go, JavaScript is #2 in the “most wanted” list (at 19%), right behind Python (at 25.1%) which we teach in our Data Analytics course, while Ruby sits at the 16th position at 5.7%.

Another huge advantage of JavaScript is its speed. Or rather Ruby is suuuuper slow compared to most programming languages. Speed is crucial to a programming language because it defines how fast your application will be able to perform tasks. For certain tasks, JavaScript can be up to 20x quicker than Ruby okay so 20x faster in a game on working through all the scripts ect, that means you can add more stuff. With how he made the game, a lot of images and stuff ruby doesn really hold out at the same level, if you played games like VH-Heroine, you might remember that game was developed by a whole team. Other games in japanese that were made with better than the ground applications also never really got made by just 1 person it was always several people working in one project.

Bone-head was mostly if not only just made by 1 guy. he wrote the story, made the Images, scripted/evented just about everything perhaps something he got help with but he made most stuff alone.

If you have someone that is good with making the story, someone that can code/script in Javascript, (and know how to make events in game work) and said someone is great enough at arts.

Making a great grand game in MV compared to VX Is like 10-20x the difference.

So for the project to be revived and completed, he either needs his own engine, or a scripter or an engine like MV with him knowing enough of Javascript or the like to make the game work as intented. :)

Look at say Peasants quest, sure the basic fighting is basic level like early final fantasy series (before ff7) But the fact is that he has all these stuff added makes the game with need than better than just.

A Day-Night system/Cycle
Fertilization-Impregnation system
Energy to a day-night system worked in the 1 one.
Different Factions in the game is in the making-ish from what i can tell.
Tons of H-content added.
Lots of characters Thats just more than 1 page witten text.
A quite big world to travel and almost every area has content with H stuff, sure some has very few, but
the only area's not having H-content added is like area that you never come back to again, and some few monsters area
but even the monsters area are getting H-Content added
Lots of both MQ and Optional SQ
And more can't list everything.
Only thing missing i want on it is Animation-H scenes really and ofc more girls hmm.

Now lets look at say,

Superpowred, Made in Renpy engine

The game has its own ouside of renpy core stuff..
Several Characters and not just a 1-2 pic with a few words.
A status screen that has leveling with stats and perks and skills in a special made system
on a system with a battle system in it thats like almost if not ever really seen in renpy before. (i know 1 game who has a battle system in renpy that is an adult game btw but it was much more simple)
Tons and Tons of Pictures in High resolution.
Only thing missing i want on it is Animation-H scenes really and ofc more girls hmm.

Now bone head project could been at their level today had the dev
1 started on a better engine
2 gotten a Patreon page and been able to work on it as it was his job and perhaps even hire a guy or 2 to help out.

The game is greatly made especially in its era, but compared to were Superpowered, and Peasants quest is today
then its not that great, however this game has potencial to be just about as good story and game mech-wise.

Its just need an engine that works for it and either good Dev guy or a nice dev team.

If Regless were willing to allow someone else to finish the project or even restart on a new better engine.
And took Patreon donations, i see the potencial for this game to go to THE STARS AND BACK! :)

MVH the eagle among the stars.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Um, i meant Quality of pics x output of H-content x game mechs, working x bugs ect.

I could also add games like TakeOver, Star Channel, Princess Jasmin trainer, Four elements(Avataruknow..)
and go on with Rogue-like, Summer Time saga, Something Unlimited. Rock Star, sheltered, The Headmaster,
i could go on all day and long. Point is however This game has so much potencial that its very sad to see it stop were it did.
If a remake but full story would be kept in lets say Renpy or Unity or unreal engine level just something better than Rpg Maker.
I bet you that the game would been epic beyond measure. :)

Aug 14, 2017
Man, I remember when I first found this game. Played it all night. I doubt I will ever see it worked on again, but it'd be neat if the creator remade it or made some sort of successor to this game.

Reactions: kelvessi

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Btw, is his blog go in and post guys! I am sure he would/will be happy. PS also i wanna try get his approval to either work on a re-work/remake with him or a remake without him. I can't code/Script well but eventing in RPG Maker MV is not that hard, and adding items/weapons/armors mm is kinda easy. And after that all one would need is use a good math dmg, level, def foundation. And btw i can't litteraly cant do images i suck at art making other than food. Music i could add something simple and let someone else do a fix...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote