cd13

Mar 5, 2019
I still can't figure out how to alter the values in this game. Does anyone know how? I want to be able to increase or decrease certain stats.
This command in browser console will allow you to check your stats: "SugarCube.State.active.variables.Stats"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Commands are in pairs and you need to enter both with the value you want. The stat will change after you go to the next page in the game.

P-111

Dec 5, 2017
Anyone have a TLDR on each college greek houses and what they do? The game seems to explains what they're like but not very clear on what activities they have to offers.

Edit: Also, in the future if there is a hacker/computer-wizard type character shows up, make sure to give them a callsign "ffive"

Reactions: CassieBare

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Anyone have a TLDR on each college greek houses and what they do? The game seems to explains what they're like but not very clear on what activities they have to offers.
As far as I can tell it's mostly the hazing that has major variations of different sexual character. The spring break event seems to be the same, I at least seem to get the same event chain when I pick it, if there are any differences.

By the way, does anyone know how you "date" your college roomie? I usually get a choice to have sex with them and move in with them in what sounds like a friendly manner, but the option to move in with them that sounds more romantic is always greyed out for me.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Each sorority provides a slightly different set of stat penalties and bonuses Claire receives when she joins them. The basic benefits are:

* DDD: +2 Social, +Deception, +Wiles
* KD: +Social, +Deception, +Wiles, +Addictions (how open Claire is to drinking/drugs and how well she copes with them)
* ADP: +Social, +Investigation
* KKG: +Social, +Deception, +Wiles, +Addictions
* DZ: +Social, +exams performance

Note, these are just base benefits. There's more boosts Claire gets depending on which sub-path she follows. E.g. investigating administration as part of DZ will render Claire more Confident and Risk-prone, but will bring penalty to her exams performance, while focusing on greek regulations will grant her +Investigation, +Discipline but -2 Social. Etc.

By the way, does anyone know how you "date" your college roomie? I usually get a choice to have sex with them and move in with them in what sounds like a friendly manner, but the option to move in with them that sounds more romantic is always greyed out for me.
I'm not sure if this is a bug in the code or if it's there intentionally, but this other path is only available for ROs who aren't Claire's roommate:
Code:
    <<path $People['UN'].Boyfriend.name !== $People['UN'].Roommate.name>>
If they're the same person then you get the explanation that Claire "wasn't dating her roommate", i guess even if you pick them specifically, they're treated as just "roomies with benefits"..?

Reactions: Teize
Aug 2, 2017
I really enjoyed this game, thank you for making it. I'd like to deposit some feedback on my experience with the game. This will all be about the prologue more or less, as the version I played (0.5f h2) didn't allow me to play chapter 1 without the MC constantly imploding, which I understand is a known bug.

1. I think it's a missed opportunity that there isn't more development between the main character and their first lover. I think if a bit more time was given to develop that relationship, you could feasibly tie it into the invisible stat system, but also into the sexual preference/training system. For an example, if the MC has a relationship with their step-dad it might lead to them having a thing for older men, or if their first lover is especially caustic it might lead to masochism. Generally if you could devote a few more pages to the relationship there I think it would really flesh out the MC and their backstory, much more than the already really well written scene.

In relation to this, I wish there was a bit more editing done when the MC has a relationship with their dad or step-dad. The scene following the prom has one of the father figures burst through the door to tell the MC bad news, but the MC always reacts like this is a completely unfounded event, where you would probably figure that if the MC and their father figure is having sexual relations, showing up to the other persons room unannounced is probably not that unusual, or at least doesn't warrant such a stark reaction.

I also feel the same way about the college boyfriend the MC gets, but they are at least given a bit more space to work with.

2. I'm not sure the "popular" personality really has too much going for it in terms of options. Generally it seems you have becoming the prom queen or becoming a cheerleader (with the third option of model sometimes) but if you don't consider the MC sporty, then prom queen is sorta the only option which I think is a missed opportunity. Surely something else should exist in there for popular girls who don't care about the prom that much?

3. If the MC decides not to go to college, or simply doesn't live up to the requirements, one of the options is to spend time abroad. One of these options is Thailand, which leads to a very short interaction with a bar/club(?) owner. I am wondering if thats just a real quick reference to that *other* game, or if its actually supposed to lead somewhere, because I couldn't find the combination of skills and preferences that actually led somewhere, which I think is a missed opportunity.

4. Concerning pregnancy mechanics, the next-latest changelog suggests that the MC can get pregnant through the prologue, but I think I tried sleeping with everyone in New York, Alabama, LA and Seattle without that ever coming up, so I am not sure it is functioning as intended. I am a big fan of the pregnancy-risk content that you have written so far, but it doesn't seem like you can actually lose that dice toss as is.

5. The requirements to become a college-level cheerleader seem bugged or so absurdly high that I for one have not been able to build a character able to meet them, despite really trying. Perhaps if the requirements were better signposted, or lowered, it would be accessible.

6. I know it is primarily a text game, but I would love to see more animated short scenes like you already have in the game, because they are genuinely fantastic and a real show case of how to work with a retro(?) low-poly(??) model to build something eye-catching.

That's all I got. Please don't take this as in-depth criticism of your work, if I didn't really enjoy this game I wouldn't have taken the time to write this much feedback. I really look forward to seeing what you do next.

Reactions: PervertedGnome

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
5. The requirements to become a college-level cheerleader seem bugged or so absurdly high that I for one have not been able to build a character able to meet them, despite really trying. Perhaps if the requirements were better signposted, or lowered, it would be accessible.
For what's worth, the game evaluates MC's ability based on number of factors. Each factor gets its own passage, hinting at what trait/skill is being tested.

advantages (each is worth 1 point)

* cheerleader in High School (if captain, that's worth another point)
* Learning at 3+
* previous dancing experience
* Performance at 1+
* Risk-prone at 3+
* Pliant Limbs trait (possible to acquire in High School from dance, gymnastics or cheerleading)
* Confidence at 2+
* Coordination at 3+
* Attractiveness of 5 (i.e. max)

disadvantages (worth negative 1 point each)

* height above average

If you get 6+ points out of these you are in. If you get 5 points but Claire isn't blonde, she's allowed to join if she agrees to dye her hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: CassieBare

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I really enjoyed this game, thank you for making it. I'd like to deposit some feedback on my experience with the game. This will all be about the prologue more or less, as the version I played (0.5f h2) didn't allow me to play chapter 1 without the MC constantly imploding, which I understand is a known bug.

1. I think it's a missed opportunity that there isn't more development between the main character and their first lover. I think if a bit more time was given to develop that relationship, you could feasibly tie it into the invisible stat system, but also into the sexual preference/training system. For an example, if the MC has a relationship with their step-dad it might lead to them having a thing for older men, or if their first lover is especially caustic it might lead to masochism. Generally if you could devote a few more pages to the relationship there I think it would really flesh out the MC and their backstory, much more than the already really well written scene.

In relation to this, I wish there was a bit more editing done when the MC has a relationship with their dad or step-dad. The scene following the prom has one of the father figures burst through the door to tell the MC bad news, but the MC always reacts like this is a completely unfounded event, where you would probably figure that if the MC and their father figure is having sexual relations, showing up to the other persons room unannounced is probably not that unusual, or at least doesn't warrant such a stark reaction.

I also feel the same way about the college boyfriend the MC gets, but they are at least given a bit more space to work with.
First: thank you!
There already is an included mechanic that if Claire goes after (sleeps with) older men, the kink becomes available.

I do agree that there should be more time spent in her fledgling relationship. It just takes time for me to write and code while also moving forward the rest of the game.

There's been numerous asks about MC relationship with dad/stepdad, just haven't had the time to code and write it yet, but it's on the to-do.

2. I'm not sure the "popular" personality really has too much going for it in terms of options. Generally it seems you have becoming the prom queen or becoming a cheerleader (with the third option of model sometimes) but if you don't consider the MC sporty, then prom queen is sorta the only option which I think is a missed opportunity. Surely something else should exist in there for popular girls who don't care about the prom that much?
Popular was the first vote for expansion during the 0.6 cycle and the Sneak (0.6.1) release just dropped, which includes a bigger/better Popular and Gang arcs.

As far as not caring about prom? Eh, if there's something *specific* that makes sense for that arc that would warrant a full other path, lemme know, but nothing comes to mind for me.

3. If the MC decides not to go to college, or simply doesn't live up to the requirements, one of the options is to spend time abroad. One of these options is Thailand, which leads to a very short interaction with a bar/club(?) owner. I am wondering if thats just a real quick reference to that *other* game, or if its actually supposed to lead somewhere, because I couldn't find the combination of skills and preferences that actually led somewhere, which I think is a missed opportunity.
Yep. Both with the club owner annnnd...the MC of that game.

4. Concerning pregnancy mechanics, the next-latest changelog suggests that the MC can get pregnant through the prologue, but I think I tried sleeping with everyone in New York, Alabama, LA and Seattle without that ever coming up, so I am not sure it is functioning as intended. I am a big fan of the pregnancy-risk content that you have written so far, but it doesn't seem like you can actually lose that dice toss as is.
Pregnancy pre-Act I has been implemented with 0.6.1

There have been some coding changes and stat shifts in 0.6.1 that should ameliorate this.

6. I know it is primarily a text game, but I would love to see more animated short scenes like you already have in the game, because they are genuinely fantastic and a real show case of how to work with a retro(?) low-poly(??) model to build something eye-catching.

That's all I got. Please don't take this as in-depth criticism of your work, if I didn't really enjoy this game I wouldn't have taken the time to write this much feedback. I really look forward to seeing what you do next.
Animations take a LOT of work, but Noice is working on them as best as we can. Unfortunately, a lot of it has to do with funding. The support we get is split (essentially) 33/33/33 with our engineer, artist and myself. And then some extra comes out of my portion for additional art assets. So each of us three has to determine how much of our time we can afford to spend on BS for the time being.

Thanks again and I appreciate the input & questions!

cd13

Mar 5, 2019
* cheerleader in High School (if captain, that's worth another point)
It looks like it is impossible to become a Cheer Leading team captain in Highschool. Because even with vastly increased stats across the board you only becoming a regular member at most. Or maybe the script calls for a weirdly specific stat combo.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It looks like it is impossible to become a Cheer Leading team captain in Highschool. Because even with vastly increased stats across the board you only becoming a regular member at most. Or maybe the script calls for a weirdly specific stat combo.
The game does evaluation, similar to the one in college, to determine Claire's success. You get points for:

* at the first step, you can select one of four available options. For best score (+2 points) you'll need looks of 4+ ("I would be a trophy") or Social of 1+ ("My network of friends")

* having less than average height (1 point)
* having "charm" as one of body traits (1 point)
* having "legs" as one of body traits (1 point)
* having positive Stability (1 point, while negative stability is penalty of 1 point)

then you get to pick your strong ability, which is worth 2 points:
* tumbling, if Coordination is at 1+
* sideline, if Discipline is at 1+
* cheer, with Attractiveness at 4+

if you can get 7 or more points in total, you make it as captain. Essentially, Claire who is average height or taller will need "charm" and "legs" as her body traits. Short Claire can get away with just one of these.

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes