VN Ren'Py Blackgate [v0.187] [Bane]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Mordias

Oct 28, 2018
Yet it seems that the versions are still linked. Here we are at version 0.148. On the other hand, indeed, I did not look at what evolved suddenly I do not know if they are big modifications or just of the "custom lite" (the changelog is not very... concrete :p ).

0.148 =>
+5k words
+Krane night 8 (strange in V v0.139 ... there is krane night 10 ??)

Last edited:

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate that the guy who was tracking Bane's actual progress ended up disappearing. It wouldn't surprise me if most of those "5K words" consisted of shuffled around dialogue. I also noticed that he's back to his old tricks of doing two quick updates at the end of the month (I still follow the project on Patreon for laughs. I'm way past the point of giving Bane handouts, though).

Even if that 5K per month figure is accurate, that's…not a lot. If someone is even somewhat driven they can easily crank out that much output in an evening, even with a full-time job. In all fairness, writer's block is a very real thing, but if Bane's been dealing with that for somewhere north of 3-4 years and still hasn't opened up about it, that says an awful lot about his ethics.

Mordias

Oct 28, 2018
This discussion made me want to resume the game I had finished last year.
Well ... indeed, what a disappointment, 1 year has passed and concerning the evolutions ... it is ... full of emptiness ....: /

MLGWolf69

Oct 1, 2020
None of the Windows download links worked, all said the file was deleted. Went to the actual Patreon page, none of the download links worked there either! Ended up downloading a fan-made mod thing off itch.io. So yeah, I can't imagine this game is going to be developed much further... just gonna hope the game is good for what it is at least.

Zaush

Apr 12, 2019
None of the Windows download links worked, all said the file was deleted. Went to the actual Patreon page, none of the download links worked there either! Ended up downloading a fan-made mod thing off itch.io. So yeah, I can't imagine this game is going to be developed much further... just gonna hope the game is good for what it is at least.
All links for Windows on the patreon page work just fine to me, maybe the problem is on your side?

Reactions: FugginDamaged

PaleAngel_90

Mar 16, 2021
Don't bother, this VN has been dead for YEARS Bane can't put out a decent or actual update to save his life. All he does is scam his patreon simps.

MLGWolf69

Oct 1, 2020
All links for Windows on the patreon page work just fine to me, maybe the problem is on your side?
Ohhh, I see what happened. I searched for the download links and instead of clicking on the patreon, which has the correct links in the About section, I was clicking on links from a 2016 Patreon update post lol. Thank you

UR Daddy69

Mar 6, 2021
I cant understand why people still support this game i was a patreon when the game started. it has no new art in the decade its up the artist quit along time ago and he's still only on day 7 in the game. this game has been dead for years there might be good verison of it from early builds. the rest just sound like a mess its a shame it started out good

whitefluf

Jan 8, 2018
I cant understand why people still support this game i was a patreon when the game started. it has no new art in the decade its up the artist quit along time ago and he's still only on day 7 in the game. this game has been dead for years there might be good verison of it from early builds. the rest just sound like a mess its a shame it started out good
it constantly updates on patreon. And the updates are free, people support him to help aid him continue the project atleast i think so. But just one look at his patreon and you can see that every update is visable and you can download the latest version right there. You might be right about the art (the current patreon goal is for getting another artist to help and make the game progress faster) but as for the game being dead? I dont really think so.

• Angry
Reactions: Inb4homophobia

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
it constantly updates on patreon. And the updates are free, people support him to help aid him continue the project atleast i think so. But just one look at his patreon and you can see that every update is visable and you can download the latest version right there. You might be right about the art but as for the game being dead? I dont really think so.
Man are your for real?
You have no clue what you are talking about.
Go check those so called "free updates" and tell us what they contain, for the past 3 years. :ROFLMAO:
Apparently cuz people like the one above me exists :ROFLMAO:
It's really a shame as BG has a very unique setting till this day. But it happens.

Last edited:

whitefluf

Jan 8, 2018
Man are your for real?
You have no clue what you are talking about.
Go check those so called "free updates" and tell us what they contain, for the past 3 years. :ROFLMAO:

Apparently cuz people like the one above me exists :ROFLMAO:
It's really a shame as BG has a very unique setting till this day. But it happens.
Its just my opinion, updating the days for each character or atleast rotating between them is fine with me. I can admit that not much progress has been made, that is very clearly shown. But its a good vn and despite the slow updates which look like they come about once or twice a month and sometimes spaced out he/she still updates the game and continues to make it. I just support it because its a good vn. Wasnt trying to really disrespect the person i quoted or say he was wrong in what he was saying

Aug 2, 2019
I honestly forgot this game existed. It started off good until it wasn't. The beginning of the end for me was when he wanted folks to cough up 100 bucks per update to have a YCH route then doing double updates at the end of the month to cash maximize on profits while doing little to no effort. It gotten so bad that his sprite artist and Darkgem both jumped ship, EchoDevs pretend he didn't exist. This whole thing is sad and hilarious. I only check up on Gruff, Krane and Rotis's route every now and then cause they are my favorite but i hate that they're bound to this shitty game.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes