VN Ren'Py Blackgate [v0.187] [Bane]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Man how come gay furry games always have amazing art while most straight/bi games are almost always that dumb 3DCG? This is unfair.
There are plenty, even just within the realm of visual novels.

(bi options)

(though I guess this one is 3DCG?)

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
how much is halle's story progress?
Non-Existant

Reason: Bane's a Hack, a Thief, all-around Ne'er do well and a scummy Scam-artist who takes peoples Patreon money for updates that literally consist of a single line change. And getting money for it.

In short. Blackgate is dead. It's gone. It's Late. It's Departed, gone over the pearly gates. Never to return.

Feb 26, 2019
There are plenty, even just within the realm of visual novels.

(bi options)

(though I guess this one is 3DCG?)
I meant mostly straight VNs in general, but I had never heard of those furry ones before so thanks!

MontyKino

May 19, 2018
Non-Existant

Reason: Bane's a Hack, a Thief, all-around Ne'er do well and a scummy Scam-artist who takes peoples Patreon money for updates that literally consist of a single line change. And getting money for it.

In short. Blackgate is dead. It's gone. It's Late. It's Departed, gone over the pearly gates. Never to return.
Press F to pay Disrespect

The Ponderer

Jul 9, 2017
Non-Existant

Too bad I liked the story premise.

nitobe-san

Oct 1, 2017
Too bad I liked the story premise.
Same. But most of all the art is spectacular. Too bad this VN is the only gay game with a human protagonist, furry dateaboos, and a dark storyline altogether.

I think the last human protag/furry dateaboo game I played was Morenatsu before this. But then even that died :(

Reactions: TheSexinati

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Same. But most of all the art is spectacular. Too bad this VN is the only gay game with a human protagonist, furry dateaboos, and a dark storyline altogether.

I think the last human protag/furry dateaboo game I played was Morenatsu before this. But then even that died :(
While I can't think of any other games with that setup and having a dark storyline, Blackgate is pretty unique in that regard, there are other human protagonist/furry dating visual novels out there.

I assume you've heard of Extracurricular Activities ?

nitobe-san

Oct 1, 2017
I assume you've heard of Extracurricular Activities ?
Oof totally forgot about that one xD Yeah I've played through it before but it doesn't have the same appeal to me as Morenatsu did or Blackgate in terms of art and story.

As for story, Morenatsu isn't very unique in terms of plot for each route but is fairly well-written. The interactions and the dynamic between the dateable characters really lets you feel like they're really good friends and that they really know each other. Not the best sex CG but the sprites were pretty top notch.

Blackgate got me hooked with the deep mystery thriller vibe, really goes into sexual fantasies and has one of the better art I've seen in all gay VNs. All the CG art is great (i assume it wasn't Bane who did but someone he commissioned) but the sprites are variable in quality between characters.

Extracurricular Activities doesn't have the most promising of premises, but so far the character routes have some decent amount of writing effort put into it. Except for that crazy ex-wife bit. Seems really forced and too edgy to be put in considering the story's tone. Art is great but isn't the most appealing to me. There's a certain amount of muscle ballooning that I find attractive and once that line is crossed it quickly becomes unappealing.

In the process of thinking about the right amount of muscle mass, I thought of See no Evil. Human protagonist with his demon harem from hell. It has a dark atmosphere to it with its music and setting and all, but delivers a light-hearted sexual adventure.

Reactions: TheSexinati

naeblis4

Oct 21, 2017
Hello , does anyone know if there is guide to the scenes ? i played this game for hours and i still can't find some sex scenes ( mainly the ones being pictured as examples in the op) can anyone help me ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Animalsfan5698

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Hello , does anyone know if there is guide to the scenes ? i played this game for hours and i still can't find some sex scenes ( mainly the ones being pictured as examples in the op) can anyone help me ?
There isn't a guide I know of.

First question: Are you aware that the choice of music you make at the beginning determines whom you are placed with if you pick the police officer job?

naeblis4

Oct 21, 2017
First question: Are you aware that the choice of music you make at the beginning determines whom you are placed with if you pick the police officer job?
what , for real ? well that is a start for more routes , thank for the info .
Anymore more hint like those ?

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
what , for real ? well that is a start for more routes , thank for the info .
Anymore more hint like those ?
The rest is fairly straightforward. What you decide to do/clean afterhours at the bar determines who you'll be paired with. The library is pretty straightforward on picking your person, I think. Same with working in the mines.

You should be pretty good for accessing all the routes that...oh! I forgot the secret route.

If you run away into the forest at the beginning of the game and avoid getting killed by the monster out there, you'll run into Vekk the incubus demon guy. He'll offer to let you die out there, let him take you back to the police and put you back on the main route, or he'll let you choose to stay with him.

I'll let you know now that Vekk's route is the most visceral and gory out of them all.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
just started playing and i guess you're ment to romance the creatures in the town but honestly the start of it just makes me way to pissed of to want to have anything to do with any of these people. they kidnap you at gunpoint, imprisons you and then steals your car and you're just ment to happily live in town and be friends with these disgusting abusive beyond belief cops?

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes