RPGM Complete Black Souls II - English

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
It's sort of funny that it seems like the game only really begins when you get to level 999, because a ton of stuff will still absolutely destroy you in spite of you being a ridiculously high level if you don't equip yourself to deal with it.

I'm curious, though, is there a 'best' build, or a strongest way to go, at the start? Does your class even matter much, once you hit the endgame? I went with a mage and ended up with a bunch of black goat rings and the wand of creation so I can just spam a ton of high level spells, but I'm still getting beaten down by a ton of stuff, and I can't tell if that's just the nature of the game.
Oh it never occured to me you can use the Wand of Creation with the Black Goat ring. Ive just been spamming the Attack command with it lol.

Falter-Falke

Jul 21, 2017
Oh it never occured to me you can use the Wand of Creation with the Black Goat ring. Ive just been spamming the Attack command with it lol.
It works pretty well. The main issue is just that most endgame bosses have ridiculous anti-magic defenses, or can pretty easily reflect your magic back at you. Then again, I don't know if they can do the same with physical attacks, so.

SoulSearcher

Oct 6, 2019
It's sort of funny that it seems like the game only really begins when you get to level 999, because a ton of stuff will still absolutely destroy you in spite of you being a ridiculously high level if you don't equip yourself to deal with it.

I'm curious, though, is there a 'best' build, or a strongest way to go, at the start? Does your class even matter much, once you hit the endgame? I went with a mage and ended up with a bunch of black goat rings and the wand of creation so I can just spam a ton of high level spells, but I'm still getting beaten down by a ton of stuff, and I can't tell if that's just the nature of the game.
Class/Build is more important early on, you need good spells to be effective as a caster and good weapon skills to be effective as a physical build. I felt like i had to bench my my Sword once I got the ''Divine Beasts' Thunder'' spell.
There are a lot of great physical skills that get unlocked on maxed weapons, but maxing weapons for more skill options is a lot of work compared to being able to instantly use every spell you pick up as a mage.

But does it really matter at endgame? I don't think so. Your build doesn't matter against easy stuff and surviving the enemy turn becomes much more critical against late game bosses. Being able to almost infinitely heal through items as a free action is just so damn broken, you can't lose if they can't one turn you or otherwise overwhelm you.

You can do what you want, but you might have to adjust your build for some lategame bosses, as they often come with issues you can't just outstat. You need the right ring for status (instant death is no fun), a meele weapon for spell reflection bosses (% chance to oneshot yourself is no fun), and the right amount of dodge to avoid oneshot meele gimmicks (anchor to the face is no fun).

sometimes the break does not pass to break the spell is normal?

Edit:
I just tested 4 times using the break the hard break and the gun break but none works when it prepares to launch will have black I do not understand the problem?
Well it works EVERY time when I do it. It wouldn't be possible for me if it didn't.
I dunno what's causing this difference so im gonna throw you a bone and give you a save from right before the boss. (you can resume at floor 181)
The character is overstated and already geared for the fight. It should be a no-brainer if you just use the break skill on any reflection that starts casting.
( Base file is your own from last thread :D , I just added some stats, items and the ending G prep work,)

Last edited:
Reactions: bbcdd

Falter-Falke

Jul 21, 2017
Class/Build is more important early on, you need good spells to be effective as a caster and good weapon skills to be effective as a physical build. I felt like i had to bench my my Sword once I got the ''Divine Beasts' Thunder'' spell.
There are a lot of great physical skills that get unlocked on maxed weapons, but maxing weapons for more skill options is a lot of work compared to being able to instantly use every spell you pick up as a mage.

But does it really matter at endgame? I don't think so. Your build doesn't matter against easy stuff and surviving the enemy turn becomes much more critical against late game bosses. Being able to almost infinitely heal through items as a free action is just so damn broken, you can't lose if they can't one turn you or otherwise overwhelm you.

You can do what you want, but you might have to adjust your build for some lategame bosses, as they often come with issues you can't just outstat. You need the right ring for status (instant death is no fun), a meele weapon for spell reflection bosses (% chance to oneshot yourself is no fun), and the right amount of dodge to avoid oneshot meele gimmicks (anchor to the face is no fun).
Madness is really annoying, since it seems to take upwards of 60,000 health per turn. It's crazy. Though yeah, it seems like you end up having to spec into what is basically hunter in lategame, since I can't see a decent way to deal with spell reflect on a pure mage build.

Krayn1988

Jan 18, 2019
thank you very much soul searcher its my help a lot, i am really grateful to you i nan could not more of this boss, the break has worked very well this time!

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
so yea, not aware if its allowed, but wont know until i ask first or look at rules

1588554767117.png
getting this error, i doubt it has anything to do with the translation patch, any clues?

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
so yea, not aware if its allowed, but wont know until i ask first or look at rules

View attachment 643861
getting this error, i doubt it has anything to do with the translation patch, any clues?
If you havent yet, just try reinstalling everything once. Otherwise, make sure not to cancel the extraction process of the .rgss3a file to soon. It certainly is not a problem with the translation patch. And make sure the extractor extracts the file contents to your game directory, not anywhere else.

Reactions: xii360

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
If you havent yet, just try reinstalling everything once. Otherwise, make sure not to cancel the extraction process of the .rgss3a file to soon. It certainly is not a problem with the translation patch. And make sure the extractor extracts the file contents to your game directory, not anywhere else.
thanks for replying
sadly, i tried fresh installing it, and transferred my save file to see if it'll crash (or give me an error)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

im able to get past his dialogue without error in a fresh download

but moment i apply english patch (which are all fresh download, just to be safe, and also following what you said)
upon talking to him, it gives me the same error

cant seem to understand whats wrong, tried looking for the file on audio/SE, but cant find it on the fresh download...so idk

p.s. just to sure aswell, i did it all in the same game folder, and had it extracted in the same folder, as per instruction

p.s.s. i also did it twice, just to be sure i didn't mess up anywhere, second time being more vigilant in what i was doing
(also, relevant, my PC is set to japan locale, so the text's are all correct)

z.r0

Jun 6, 2017
so... I got this missing BGM error when i'm entering the ship graveyard from the elevator and now i can't progress
BS_II.PNG
BS_BGM_error.PNG
the patch is for which version of the game?

SoulSearcher

Oct 6, 2019
Where do I get the Elizabeth Bathory fairy tale?
You can get that one from boss that's like southwest from the bonfire of the pond of bloody tears (The iron maiden one before the Nameless forest).
However there are 2 conditions for getting it, you need to be at sen 0 and you need to
If you already killed the boss without satisfying the conditions then you'll probably need to do it in NG+ together with the Spoiler related stuff for ending G.

Aug 3, 2018
So it seems there a way to fight Node, I check on the wiki for Black souls 2 within the table where you get bosses souls there one for Node. Do you guys have an idea of fighting her in the first place?

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
So it seems there a way to fight Node, I check on the wiki for Black souls 2 within the table where you get bosses souls there one for Node. Do you guys have an idea of fighting her in the first place?
I think you might have a mis translation, Node is not a fightable enemy. What is the translation of the soul you are talking about?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes