Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
We have made many pics and almost no animations(
when you do all the work, to make the character, build the scene, setup props, set lighting, and pose the characters
you've done 99% of the work to make an animation. granted it's a lot of rendering, but the machine does that work for you.
just a few tweaks to the poses, and voilà.

Reactions: Paul7655

Ryü Alucard

Jul 9, 2017
Hello,

I was looking through this thread for a while saving everything and I've ended up with everything. You can have (almost) everything as well:

Q: Is that everything?
A: Not really, Eric is missing except if he's in stuff that includes other characters and I deemed "acceptable"

Q: Are there doubles?
A: Most definitely yes. I have tried filtering out doubles but there's still some left I'm sure.

If the link is broken or anything leave a message and I'll get back with a fix ASAP
Hey, is it possible to get another link ? Megaupload doesnt let me download such a big file. Thanks

Paul7655

Oct 16, 2017
when you do all the work, to make the character, build the scene, setup props, set lighting, and pose the characters
you've done 99% of the work to make an animation. granted it's a lot of rendering, but the machine does that work for you.
Exactly. Making animation is the hardest part. After you've done your work, everything you need is patience

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Exactly. Making animation is the hardest part. After you've done your work, everything you need is patience
Everything requires patience, but if you don't have it, there are options. I've been doing animation for almost 30 years, can almost do it with my eyes closed, so I say it's easy. There are different methods, you don't have to do every little thing manually.
30 years ago it was hard, but we made tools to use to simplify tasks, and automate a lot of the work, so you kids don't know how easy you have it.

You can make a pose, then make a second pose, and allow the software to interpolate the motion between pose a and b, the software does all the work taking your 2 poses, and it creates 28 poses in-between them, giving you a 30 frame animation.

If you're super impatient, like ADHD, can't sit still in your seat for 30 seconds, you can still do animation easily, by taking advantage of 10's of thousands of free animations that have been created over several decades, and apply them in your scene.

Not that I don't appreciate these DAZ image based visual novels, they're good, but they take a lot of rendering to make, where as
a 3D game engine does all the rendering on the player's computer. So if you hate rendering, look into making a 3D game instead of a visual novel.
Hope this helps.

rolmac

May 28, 2017
since the time I take a look at this topic, I decided to try me daz studiot that I have installed for less than a month. I did five images with the morph of anne (it is my preference). The image of anne against the tree is the very first.
I want to thank everyone at the topic:
as well as:

ps google translation anne pose 1.jpg anne pose 2.jpg anne harley queen pose 3.jpg anne  harley queen pose 4.jpg mom pose 5.jpg

Paul7655

Oct 16, 2017
Everything requires patience, but if you don't have it, there are options. I've been doing animation for almost 30 years, can almost do it with my eyes closed, so I say it's easy. There are different methods, you don't have to do every little thing manually.
30 years ago it was hard, but we made tools to use to simplify tasks, and automate a lot of the work, so you kids don't know how easy you have it.

You can make a pose, then make a second pose, and allow the software to interpolate the motion between pose a and b, the software does all the work taking your 2 poses, and it creates 28 poses in-between them, giving you a 30 frame animation.

If you're super impatient, like ADHD, can't sit still in your seat for 30 seconds, you can still do animation easily, by taking advantage of 10's of thousands of free animations that have been created over several decades, and apply them in your scene.

Not that I don't appreciate these DAZ image based visual novels, they're good, but they take a lot of rendering to make, where as
a 3D game engine does all the rendering on the player's computer. So if you hate rendering, look into making a 3D game instead of a visual novel.
Hope this helps.
Sure, nowadays it's much easier. You can create smth even if you don't know how the creation process works. I'll better try other software like Cinema 4D, it seems more interesting. Unfortunately it's much harder to work with game engines, because it requires coding and other skills.

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
Although I do not render images, I think you're right. The problem is the incorporation of correct animations (eg mp4 or similar) into a UNITY-Game.
@GreatName has shown a quasi-animation in his Diamond mod, which I also use in my Lisa's Photo Session mod. But this method is not as good as the really good animation done by @celtic1138 you can find in post .
I do not know how to implement an mp4 in Unity, and if that's even possible.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Although I do not render images, I think you're right. The problem is the incorporation of correct animations (eg mp4 or similar) into a UNITY-Game.
@GreatName has shown a quasi-animation in his Diamond mod, which I also use in my Lisa's Photo Session mod. But this method is not as good as the really good animation done by @celtic1138 you can find in post .
I do not know how to implement an mp4 in Unity, and if that's even possible.
No offense intended to anyone. As I said I like visual novel games, but I'm way more into live 3D games.
Kudos to KsT, the developer of The Twist
and others, who are making live and semi-live 3d games.

As most of you know, it takes time to render a single frame scene in DAZ, especially, when the scene contains MILLIONS of polygons. A year ago, in this thread, I posted a demo of a DAZ plugin called "decimate" that you can use to lower the polygon count.
For still images, where you want high quality, you might want to just keep using the Daz model as is. In a game, the user might scrutinize the image, and enjoy the high definition. But in animation the quality is less important, because the frame is only on the screen for a fraction of a second. at 30 fps there's no time for your eyes to scrutinize quality, frames blur into the next. So for animation, you can decimate a copy of your character, and render the animation frames much faster.

how to implement an mp4 in Unity, and if that's even possible.

If you decimate Ann, Alice, Lisa, Max, Eric, etc. You can export them from Daz, and import them into A 3D game environment, in Unity, or Unreal engine.

Reactions: Paul7655

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
A year ago, in this thread, I posted a demo of a DAZ plugin called "decimate" that you can use to lower the polygon count. So for animation, you can decimate a copy of your character, and render the animation frames much faster.

If you decimate Ann, Alice, Lisa, Max, Eric, etc. You can export them from Daz, and import them into A 3D game environment, in Unity, or Unreal engine.
Ok, as I understand right: Animation isn't obviously not the problen in Unix games (maybe the amount of work). But as I already said I'm not a renderer or a game developer, I dont have/use Daz or Unity. So I dont know how to impement an already existing mp4 into the game and the starting code. As you know BB is not longer coded, it's free. So (besides the images) most of game content is txt, which is easily to modify, if you follow some basis rules.

Emoon

May 4, 2017
I would advise against using decimate since it tends to create shading errors and animating a triangulated model is a pain in the ass if not next to impossible. The base level polycount of any DAZ character is more than enough and can easily be handled by any modern game engine without problems. The only suboptimal part of a DAZ character in terms of a game engine is the texture count but given that most scenes do not contain obscene amounts of meshes nor characters it shouldn't hit to hard in terms of draw-calls and memory. Ok i should add that you would need to redo hairstyles and avoid using dforce clothing or clothing that has been made with Marvelous since they exceed usual polycounts by far.

The main culprit for long render times in DAZ is shader-complexity and light calculations. Technically people would be better off using Unity or the UE4 for their games, especially the UE4 with its outstanding cinematic tools offer a lot more control over your scene than DAZ is currently capable off doing. And to be honest both Unity and Unreal can produce much better results than the general pre-rendered scene i've seen in most ren-py games and that would be in real-time. No need to import mp4 files since animations can be used directly in-engine, rapid scene setup and most notably no 20-60 min waiting game for a single frame.

The problem is that the lewdgame genre is stuck with old habits, using ren-py because everyone uses it, using premade DAZ assets because it doesn't require much work.

rolmac

May 28, 2017
I would like to know your personal perception of baby characters. if you could inform me on the following point: name, job, charactere (personality of the character), role in history.
thank you beforehand

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes