• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
All right then. I'll straight out ask you. What do you like about Being A DIK?
Well, I particularly like the story a lot. I think the plot is written very well at the end of the day, even if you could argue that it's lazily done since the pacing isn't exactly the best. But the way the mysteries and such somewhat important plot points are written + the way they manage to keep the player's curiosity aroused is what I like. That's actually partially due to the pacing as well even if I'm not exactly a big fan of it, since some of them turn out to be nothing important at the end, but that's the way it is at times. I like the way the majority of the story is pretty basic, but it's the little details and small key points that I truly find enjoyable to look for when playing the game. I also think that a lot of the characters are fairly well-written and while most of the time plenty of them are only relatable in minor ways, that's not inherently a bad thing in a game like this. Now onto what I like the most; the gameplay. Choice-based games have always been a big favorite of mine, since you as the player are given control over how the story unfolds itself, how the main character's personality is defined by your decisions and so on. That also adds to the replayability of the game which is one of the things Being a DIK does really well. This game is meant to be replayed many times over and trying out different paths/outcomes of choices is part of the appeal, at least to me it is. I could go on and name more stuff that I like about the game but this is mostly why I'm invested in it.

a-lex

Nov 12, 2017
Ah, so it was the DIK affinity. Thanks for posting the screenshot. Seeing that the Others option has vanished it seems that the mod indeed doesn't get around that.

The implications of that restriction fascinate me. It suggest that with Sage and Bella you can just say no and that's that, but with Jill and Josy and Maya you can only say no if you love someone else more.

BTW this is the correct set up from which to continue to episode 11:
  • Don't tell Josy about Chad.
  • All main paths open at episode 8.
  • Choose Bella.
  • Get the contracts.
This is the situation. You, Derek and Maya have just got back. While you were on your mission Josy, Sage, Jill stayed at Bella. Sage and Josy didn't know about you and Bella at this point. The four decided to watch TV to kill time while waiting for you. The TV was set to a certain channel. This is how episode 11 starts with total chaos.
i didnt tell josy about chad, but mod chose jill when i click the "mod:all"
im playing with every 3 of them's path rn, thanks to scrappy's mod

but i'm confused, wdym by saying ep 11? isnt this version of game is ended ep10?

Jul 29, 2017

but i'm confused, wdym by saying ep 11? isnt this version of game is ended ep10?
At this point, I'd recommend using Sancho's mod instead. Scrappy's is more like brute force, because the game absolutely wasn't designed to have more than one path after Episode 8. Or just stop using mods altogether and follow a walkthrough instead. Either way, you'll have to delete the persistent files and install a fresh save.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Well, I particularly like the story a lot. I think the plot is written very well at the end of the day, even if you could argue that it's lazily done since the pacing isn't exactly the best. But the way the mysteries and such somewhat important plot points are written + the way they manage to keep the player's curiosity aroused is what I like. That's actually partially due to the pacing as well even if I'm not exactly a big fan of it, since some of them turn out to be nothing important at the end, but that's the way it is at times. I like the way the majority of the story is pretty basic, but it's the little details and small key points that I truly find enjoyable to look for when playing the game. I also think that a lot of the characters are fairly well-written and while most of the time plenty of them are only relatable in minor ways, that's not inherently a bad thing in a game like this. Now onto what I like the most; the gameplay. Choice-based games have always been a big favorite of mine, since you as the player are given control over how the story unfolds itself, how the main character's personality is defined by your decisions and so on. That also adds to the replayability of the game which is one of the things Being a DIK does really well. This game is meant to be replayed many times over and trying out different paths/outcomes of choices is part of the appeal, at least to me it is. I could go on and name more stuff that I like about the game but this is mostly why I'm invested in it.
And I don't really see anything to disagree with here which is nice.

I personally like how most of the choices have some short term effect, but in the long term they mostly just affect your DIK score. You can try out a lot of different combinations and still end up in the result you want so long as the majority of your choices are compatible with it. Especially with the Major choices. I appreciate the ability to make four DIK choices and still end up with a permanent CHICK affinity and vice versa.

And the DIK - CHICK spectrum is actually a very good way to measure a person's character. Sometimes being a DIK (PUN!) is to be brave and sometimes it is to be an asshole. Sometimes being a CHICK is to be caring and sometimes it is to be a coward. Which is good and which is bad is very dependent on the situation. But a person defaulting to a cautious or a bold approach still tells you a lot about them. It is a significant detail about a person that is completely neutral in terms of morality.

a-lex

Nov 12, 2017
At this point, I'd recommend using Sancho's mod instead. Scrappy's is more like brute force, because the game absolutely wasn't designed to have more than one path after Episode 8. Or just stop using mods altogether and follow a walkthrough instead. Either way, you'll have to delete the persistent files and install a fresh save.
what is the difference of sancho's mod?

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024

Just stating how I will do my first play of episode 11 when it gets here.

Jul 29, 2017
what is the difference of sancho's mod?
It does as little as possible to mess with the game. You can change variables, add cash, it'll tell you what happens with certain choices, you can cheat the minigames, but it's as close to as invisible as you can get. Sancho himself can help you out, but you should read everything about cleaning up first before installing his mod.

Reactions: a-lex

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
how much ntr in this game
Some of the side girls are prostitutes, nothing seen on screen but other guys do mention hooking up with one of them and an antagonist mentions that a side girl will be missing him, or at least a hole of hers would be missing him.

If you have a more extreme definition of ntr then two of the main girls are an item without MC knowing at the start of the game, they are currently only available as a throuple so they continue to have sex without MC involved.

a-lex

Nov 12, 2017
It does as little as possible to mess with the game. You can change variables, add cash, it'll tell you what happens with certain choices, you can cheat the minigames, but it's as close to as invisible as you can get. Sancho himself can help you out, but you should read everything about cleaning up first before installing his mod.
thanks for the suggestion mini-games feature is great but i gotta ask

in scrappy's mod there is a variables section, you can change your old choices with that. for example you need to reject cathy's bj for isabella's path (as far as i remember) and i was accept but for isabella's path i changed that later. is there feature like this in sancho's mod? cathy.png

4.80 star(s) 1,510 Votes