Ren'Py - Behind the Doom [v0.7] [UnrulyAction]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Jdiezel

not a fan personally. no clear objectives so u just click back and forth waiting for new dialogue. and there is a lot of dialogue. even though there's a ton of dialogue, it really does nothing to help the scenes. the scenes just come out of nowhere. like the dev just wanted to write a story but remembered he was making a lewd game. the art is solid though, even if the faces are pretty unsettling
  2. 5.00 star(s)

NobuNobuuu

The art is beyond solid, honestly some of the best art I've seen in this kind of genre. The gameplay is pretty much your usual slave trainer, go to girl, train girl, scene ensures(but with really good art lol). And so far the plot is pretty solid with where it seems to be heading. I just can't wait until we finally reach more Sue or Emma content.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JamesPT85

Top-notch writing and incredible artwork make this look like it jumped right out of a comic (minus the lewdness). The only thing missing from the current version of "Behind the Doom" is the regular sandbox feature of telling you which new scenes are available. If there is already this feature in the game then I must have missed it. 5/5
  4. 3.00 star(s)

hyperjack38

The premise is nice and the story is decent. The dialogues are also very good. The design/art choices are weird though. The drawn art is extremely good. The character design is nice. However when the AI faces are photoshopped onto the actual drawn art, they seem extremely weird in some places and downright creepy in others. I would suggest not using the photoshopped ai faces and using the normal art for them. I understand that it will make the development process harder and more time consuming, but it will give the art a nice consistency all over. Also the sandbox elements are very bad and removing them or at least refining them will work in the game's favour. Otherwise it is a nice game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

JOMOGO

The art is great, the story is not that long it is more like a walkthrough then a trainer still great for being free and only made last year

things I would like to see is more variarity in how you get things done also a lot of the scenes look a like
  6. 5.00 star(s)

mario686

After waiting years for a Marvel version of Something Unlimited, this game has been delivering in spades. Gameplay is simple, but I love that there's no grind, and the H scenes are uniformily excellent; the art has a unique style compared to most H games, which really set this one apart, and the likenesses to the corresponding actresses have been well done. Updates have been regular and substantial since the game was launched.

My only minor criticisms are that most girls have the same muscular body type and, apart from the Invisible Girl, have almost all submitted to Doom by following the same track (
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    ), but those aren't substantial enough criticisms to make me want to knock a star off. A must play if you're a Marvel fan.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

jesame

I think that this game is a textbook example of how to take advantage of an existing universe especially how it takes of MCU really well. The dialogs are thought out, especially the ones that are pointed towards DOOM have this "realistic" apporoach. The progress feels very straightforward, which is not bad. Some of it feels rushed, but I am sure that it will be ironed out eventually.
    Highly recommended, because it is not what it seems at the first glance.

Also I like the idea and execution of corrupting Susan. There I said it.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Donjoe81

Behind the Doom [v0.5]

Visuals/Models:

I think the visuals are decent but vary in quality.
    For example:If you look at the girls in their rooms, their faces look like they were photoshopped, and look different in the sex scenes.
    What I also don´t enjoy is that most models are too muscular.

Sex Scenes:
    I think the Sex Scenes are short and boring. They all feel pretty much the same.

Story/Gameplay/Quests:
    It´s a basic trainer game that has some backstory and lore in it.
    But nothing of it feels that interesting. You repeat the same actions with every girl.
    The world feels so small and basically revolves around your castle.
    Quests are not explained well enough like “Continue to protect Latveria” and will lead you to just wander around for the hope to just trigger a scene.

Conclusion:
    I think this game is average at best and just feels too bare bones to give it a higher rating.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

DonutMan

Games deserves more than 3 stars but less than 4.

Anyway, I found the art interesting but was bothered by how much their faces looked like the actresses that played them (for Sue and Wanda). It didn't work for me and broke me out of the game.

Also, didn't seem like there was much progression to the game. You either went into Sue or Wanda's room and had a new sex scene or you didn't. Same with the doombots and drones. I'm not arguing for including grindy elements, just that it didn't feel like I could work toward something. There isn't a way for me to talk Sue into corruption, I just have to wait for enough time to pass and it will happen on it's own.

Lastly, and this is nit-picky, but why have labels on the doors if you can't click on them? You have to use the compass in the bottom corner to navigate, but all the doors are labeled the same way as every other ren'py game. And all those other games have you click the doors.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

cohenber101

The game is surprisingly great. It has a lot of content despite only being at Version 0.5. You don't need to grind for side characters, and the story is just there to connect the scenes. While some scenes and art styles may be questionable, overall it could benefit from some polish.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

God's Last Gift

I really enjoy the idea of corrupting super heroines into personal sluts. I'm pretty hyped that there is a Marvel one now, and you get to play as my favourite Marvel villain/anti-hero Dr. Doom. Some things I would like to see in later versions of the game are "slut" variations of their regular costumes, as I enjoy seeing people's takes on a slutty version of their outfits that still look like the costume. I also wish there were scenes when you first enter the cells while they have the slutty outfit on of them showing it off, kind of like how Something Unlimited does it, but that's pretty minor.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

JOJO7777

I do not like the style of the drawings (female bodies are too muscular and masculine). Good job on dialogue and text in general. Nice story, but nothing you have not seen before. We'll see how it evolves in later updates.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

MY2NUTS

The art is very sloppy and it looks as if the faces of the actresses were Photoshopped and adapted to the colors of the bodies (very often too muscular). Good text and dialog, but otherwise there's better as a trainer game.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Victor069

I enjoyed this one. It does a lot of things right and grants you nice explicit scenes soon in the game and a lot of, if you reached some point in the story.
    It knows what it is and presents you just enough story between the sex scenes so you can notice character developments in the different heroines.
    I personally prefer the comic art looks of the characters and in some pictures they are prominent. I understand why the heroines are mostly oriented on the MCU Actresses and ok with that, but in some dialoge scenes the pictures are to deep into the creepy, uncanny valley part, for my taste, to enjoy them. Especially when they (Wanda) smile. That just looks odd from my point of view and I believe the developer could handle this better, if they use drawn art for that pictures. Psylocke is a good example how it could look better.
    But that are just tiny parts in the game and nothing to really complain about.
    The final step in the development of the different characters comes with some of them a little to soon for my taste too. I would have prefered one in which they struggle with their inner feelings (without mind controll effects) at first and do not go all in calling Doom Master for example until they surrender to the pleasure he grants them and then succumb to Doom totally. But that is just my thought.
    In total it is a nice and entertaining game, I wish all the best for the developers and hope for more of the nice and slow developing Sue content.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

LeftyLunatic

Love where this trainer is going and has great potential. For comic book trainer, what ive found, this rouge trainer and something unlimited are on the top of the list.

If anyone knows of other great ones let me know
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Cursed89

Not sure if its in Demo phase but man this is something to look forward to i am super excited i wish there was a team behind this to speed up and expand it even more :rolleyes:

Looks like a very promising project that can go far!
    I wish the best amazing artwork too can't wait to see it fully polished up at later stages
    Loving the costume ideas/trainer style 10/10 we need more games like these ;)
  17. 5.00 star(s)

FalloutLoneWanderer

Simple, sexy and full of potential
    For 0.2 Demo, this is already playable, which is saying a lot.

This is my first review on F95, I hope I did it right. I decided to write my first review because this game is full of potential.

Game structure
    The game structure is very similar to Sunsetrider7's "Something Unlimited" or Akabur's "Princess Trainer", you capture superheroines to train them, while replacing them with replicas, so the heros won't suspect a thing. As of 0.2 here is no resource management, no grinding, no idiotic minigames, no bad ends, just click and watch. In my opinion, it is a tad bit bland. I think the game needs some simple resource management and have some kind of shop to buy things to give a sense Doctor Doom is actually running a cabal instead of just scheming. (No minigames though, please)

Story
    A big improvement from other trainiers though, is that Behind the Doom has a clear cut story, and is not confusing at all. At 0.2 demo it already has a fleshed out conspiracy, and healthy cast of characters. I can tell the script writer actually did his research. The world is more alive, and more interactive then "Something Unlimited" and bigger than other trainer games, which is a mighty good thing. A pleasant surprise is, the doombots that impersonate the heroines, actually sabotage the heroes by being promiscuous and starting affairs, on the other hand, you have heroes who are spies. That is a logical step-up and good thinking. Big applause from me.

Art

The art is great, I like the style. Polaris and Wanda are my favourites. It feels like those "Celebrity" drawings from rule34. However at times it feels a bit crude and the faces look off. She-hulk scenes and Carol's BJ definitely look strange, please fix those.

Improvement Suggestions
    I'm going to dump everything I like in this genre into the suggestion box.

1. Different flavor texts during repeated sex scenes.
    Take our covergirl Wanda for example, it would be great if flavor texts change a tiny bit every time you request the act. I don't think Wanda would impersonate Sue for every BJ, right? I also think Wanda would comment that Doom likes BJ, if he keep requesting it. Another thing is, if you are requesting BJ from Wanda and Polaris is present, maybe Polaris would comment on it. I think these little comments make the world much more lively.

2. Simple Paperdoll system for costume/toys/bodywriting/cum
    The idle avatar of the superheroine should look different, based on what Doom did earlier. A blush, a change of clothes, attached toys, etc etc. Another thing is having a "Status camera" that monitors the captive's private bits and backside, like a photo with their ass at the centre, Japanese games does that a lot. If you wrote something on it or came in it earlier, then there will be markings on that butt. I also think there should be a "health/arousal/anger bar" to monitor the heroine. I think Doom is a meticulous bastard who never misses a detail like that.

3. Resource management.
    There should be some kind of resource management as a story device, say money, to reflect Doctor is rich and powerful, but there is still an extent to that power. After all, Doombots don't grow from trees, right? An idea is, Doom might be very well-off and owns some astronomical number, and he can handle the first few chapters of the story without caring about money at all, but as his foes become stronger, say Magneto, or Maestro Hulk, his money and wealth must begin strain. I think seeing a number drop a little, after a fight with avenger, or from dispatching a doombot, shows something actually happened and adds a lot of realism, even if it is just dropping chump change from an astronomical number.

4. Objective hints.
    It would be great to have something telling the player where to go, or that a certain point is the end of the game version. A lot of developers think it's a waste of time, but I think "getting lost" killed the playability for a lot games.

Warning for the creator

Try to watch out for a pitfalls that most games fall into.

Idiotic minigames.
    Grinding.
    Complex maps.
    Bad ends without saves.
    6 month gaps between updates.
    Abadonning the project.
    Patreon paywalling.
    Missable artworks
    Word walls.

Conclusion

Despite my nitpickings here and there, I cannot stress enough that this game has a simple but effective mechanic, a healthy cast ofcharacters and excellent artwork. Give it a few more updates, I think if the developer does not abandon it, it will become some of the biggest stars on F95 and Patreon.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

TheRetroAiden

Behind the Doom is stunning and I am hoping for more sex scenes the story in the beginning is very driven haven't felt bored at all and am hoping not alot of talking during sex scenes on certain situations but long dialogue on certain situations felt very meaningful and I really like it alot. Although I am hoping for more characters from marvel to come and maybe different outfits or styles to have sex and more artstyles as well. I love how you mention scenes from the comic really like it.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

SecretSpider551

Great start to an exciting project to which I hope to see more. I'm looking forward to seeing more characters added and hopefully more progress with the Scarlet Witch getting fucked and corrupted. I'm definitely keeping my eye on it
  20. 4.00 star(s)

libertypics

Liking it so far, especially the art. More please! The game system seems tolerable, certainly nothing that came off as too grindy, reward/adult scenes came often enough. Looking forward to following this over a few more updates to see where it goes.