• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Y'know, I want to like this game. The girls are hot and the art looks promising...

However, after spending quite a few hours with it, I'm seriously considering just giving up on it entirely or getting a save to unlock the full gallery at most.

It just has too many issues.

As a reviewer already pointed out, the whole thing about how combat happens depending on how you make contact with the enemy is very poorly implemented. The fact that you don't get any XP or drops when back-stabbing means that you basically never want to backstab and always want to hit from the side. Except, you only seriously care about this with the zombies, because the zombies can inflict status effects that can ONLY be cured by using consumables (at least so far, I've reached the point where the MC goes to the one warlord as collateral and in the hopes of saving some other characters, after the raid, and no skills to heal poison or diseases have shown up so far on any character).

Other enemies don't inflict any permanent status effects so far, which makes the zombies THE most annoying enemies in the game bar none for HOURS. This is made worse by the fact that the most annoying zombie variants are also the fastest in every possible way, making it difficult if not impossible to back-stab. Unless you have really good reflexes, I suppose, but I don't. Stealth lasts 2 seconds and eats up 10 TP from the entire party, so that doesn't help. Even if it did, this doesn't help when you gets to the parts where random encounters are possible.

Why?

Because these two zombie types have such a high AGI stat that they will always act first in a random encounter. The only character that can outspeed the poison zombie is Lilith, but even her monstrous AGI stat isn't enough for the radiation zombie. So fighting them usually results in needing to cure someone of disease at the very least, which requires a consumable that costs 25 bullets... which is way more bullets than it takes to kill any of these with any weapon at all.

Every other enemy so far isn't anywhere near as annoying... but then, combat with them quickly degenerates into using knife, getting hit, spamming Evade until healed up, using the knife again. It's the most effective way to fight that conserves resources, because resources are scarce and you basically need bullets for everything... Furthermore, in the early game, you don't know when or even if you're going to get any free-roaming, given that it basically rail-roads you constantly for a good while, so you don't know when/how you're gonna need those resources and what opportunities, if any, you'll have to restock.

The fact that reloading takes up the full amount of bullets for the magazine, regardless of how many bullets you still have left, makes things worse, because it basically ensures that you don't want to reload until you run empty.

Best solution? Keep gun usage to an absolute minimum.

It gets worse. A lot of stuff is governed by RNG, not just drops from the enemies. Bullet caches? 20-50 bullets per cache. Grenade caches? 1-3 grenades per cache. Chests? Content varies based on color and luck. Machinery you can scavenge? RNG as well. This basically means that if you want to be efficient, you pretty much need to save-scum, or risk being short on things. The difference between 200 bullets and say, 400, is pretty big after all. Same with the difference between having 5 frag grenades or 15 of them. Or between getting 20 bullets or 1 molotov, 1 smoke grenade and 1 flashbang. All of these cost more than 20 bullets to either make or buy, so getting the former and not the latter from a chest is super annoying.

Now. I worked my way through all that, and I tolerated the fact that the H-scenes are trickled out very slowly, on top of being way too short for the amount of time it takes to get them one by one for the most part....

But what broke my patience was when that raid happens... and the game fucking reduces your bullet and supply count by a massive amount. I went from ~2.5k painstakingly gathered bullet reserves to 600-ish... The supply items also dropped to 30-ish from around 75 or so. I'd finally reached the point where I had augments on all the characters, enough bullets to comfortably afford being generous in distributing them to the enemy's faces and afford other consumables, and hopefully enough to be able to casually craft augments for any other girl that joins the party, if there's more of them.

Then the game gave all my work the middle finger.

I admit that I almost deleted it right then and there. That kind of shit is SO not ok... This game is nowhere near good enough to pull off that kind of crap which is already annoying in much better games.

Now, I'm debating if I want to keep bothering, but with an edited save to speed things up. Or if I should just give up on the game.

At the end of the day, none of this crap is hard after all. There's no difficulty in managing this silliness... It's just tedious and time consuming. I dunno how far I am in the game, but so far, I can't call this game difficult in any sense of the word as I understand it...

Well, at least I feel better after writing a rant no one will care about. XD

Reactions: 88

Tesugagensho

Jan 18, 2020
Y'know, I want to like this game. The girls are hot and the art looks promising...

However, after spending quite a few hours with it, I'm seriously considering just giving up on it entirely or getting a save to unlock the full gallery at most.

It just has too many issues.

As a reviewer already pointed out, the whole thing about how combat happens depending on how you make contact with the enemy is very poorly implemented. The fact that you don't get any XP or drops when back-stabbing means that you basically never want to backstab and always want to hit from the side. Except, you only seriously care about this with the zombies, because the zombies can inflict status effects that can ONLY be cured by using consumables (at least so far, I've reached the point where the MC goes to the one warlord as collateral and in the hopes of saving some other characters, after the raid, and no skills to heal poison or diseases have shown up so far on any character).

Other enemies don't inflict any permanent status effects so far, which makes the zombies THE most annoying enemies in the game bar none for HOURS. This is made worse by the fact that the most annoying zombie variants are also the fastest in every possible way, making it difficult if not impossible to back-stab. Unless you have really good reflexes, I suppose, but I don't. Stealth lasts 2 seconds and eats up 10 TP from the entire party, so that doesn't help. Even if it did, this doesn't help when you gets to the parts where random encounters are possible.

Why?

Because these two zombie types have such a high AGI stat that they will always act first in a random encounter. The only character that can outspeed the poison zombie is Lilith, but even her monstrous AGI stat isn't enough for the radiation zombie. So fighting them usually results in needing to cure someone of disease at the very least, which requires a consumable that costs 25 bullets... which is way more bullets than it takes to kill any of these with any weapon at all.

Every other enemy so far isn't anywhere near as annoying... but then, combat with them quickly degenerates into using knife, getting hit, spamming Evade until healed up, using the knife again. It's the most effective way to fight that conserves resources, because resources are scarce and you basically need bullets for everything... Furthermore, in the early game, you don't know when or even if you're going to get any free-roaming, given that it basically rail-roads you constantly for a good while, so you don't know when/how you're gonna need those resources and what opportunities, if any, you'll have to restock.

The fact that reloading takes up the full amount of bullets for the magazine, regardless of how many bullets you still have left, makes things worse, because it basically ensures that you don't want to reload until you run empty.

Best solution? Keep gun usage to an absolute minimum.

It gets worse. A lot of stuff is governed by RNG, not just drops from the enemies. Bullet caches? 20-50 bullets per cache. Grenade caches? 1-3 grenades per cache. Chests? Content varies based on color and luck. Machinery you can scavenge? RNG as well. This basically means that if you want to be efficient, you pretty much need to save-scum, or risk being short on things. The difference between 200 bullets and say, 400, is pretty big after all. Same with the difference between having 5 frag grenades or 15 of them. Or between getting 20 bullets or 1 molotov, 1 smoke grenade and 1 flashbang. All of these cost more than 20 bullets to either make or buy, so getting the former and not the latter from a chest is super annoying.

Now. I worked my way through all that, and I tolerated the fact that the H-scenes are trickled out very slowly, on top of being way too short for the amount of time it takes to get them one by one for the most part....

But what broke my patience was when that raid happens... and the game fucking reduces your bullet and supply count by a massive amount. I went from ~2.5k painstakingly gathered bullet reserves to 600-ish... The supply items also dropped to 30-ish from around 75 or so. I'd finally reached the point where I had augments on all the characters, enough bullets to comfortably afford being generous in distributing them to the enemy's faces and afford other consumables, and hopefully enough to be able to casually craft augments for any other girl that joins the party, if there's more of them.

Then the game gave all my work the middle finger.

I admit that I almost deleted it right then and there. That kind of shit is SO not ok... This game is nowhere near good enough to pull off that kind of crap which is already annoying in much better games.

Now, I'm debating if I want to keep bothering, but with an edited save to speed things up. Or if I should just give up on the game.

At the end of the day, none of this crap is hard after all. There's no difficulty in managing this silliness... It's just tedious and time consuming. I dunno how far I am in the game, but so far, I can't call this game difficult in any sense of the word as I understand it...

Well, at least I feel better after writing a rant no one will care about. XD
yeah, the game isn't exactly the most optimize for sure. If you want to watch just the scenes, I'd say just throw your file into a save editor and give yourself max stats or all the items you want.

Futamania

Jun 23, 2017
I gon`t understand the lore of femdom in this game. 3 main girls are dependent on us and send MC to the most dangerous missions and what you get out of if Cock Cage....... fucking cock cage.
Is the developers team consists of female only or some beta males?
You don`t get the basic passion, disregart what partner wants, just do this "Wagie" and take your punishment.
WEST definition of femdom is cringe.

Futamania

Jun 23, 2017
Here in Europe, Domination is about initiative and control and not just stupid fantasy master\slave slander.
You can have Vanilla femdom sex with penetration, but apparently in the "land of freedom"vanilla is banned.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Here in Europe, Domination is about initiative and control and not just stupid fantasy master\slave slander.
You can have Vanilla femdom sex with penetration, but apparently in the "land of freedom"vanilla is banned.
I think it has less to do with femdom in the west and more to do with the fact that the game is called BDSM Apocalypse and that these are probably the Dev's fetishes when it comes to femdom. Or maybe there were votes on Patreon on the kind of content to be included on the sub route and this is the stuff that people wanted?

That or he has a shallow understanding of femdom and BDSM in general... However, either way, I doubt this has anything to do with how things work in any given region.

Personally cock-cages aren't my thing, much like how chastity belts tend to be uninteresting to me, so I probably wouldn't bother with the sub route even if the game wasn't as frustrating as it is. Playing this thing twice is just not gonna happen. >.>"

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Well... I normally don't like to double-post... but I feel like I spent enough time with this game to drop the last of my impressions before moving on to other things.

First of all, I only finished the so-called Dom path. I didn't touch the sub-path at all, because checking the gallery, it seems like it's 70% foot stuff, plus the cock-cage stuff, none of which does anything for me. The girls don't even seem to feel good in much of that, and there's barely any scenes where they genuinely have the MC give them pleasure. Which is extremely weird and feels utterly pointless to me... but maybe I'm just not wired to get it. I dunno.

ANYway... I can't comment too much on how the difficulty of the game escalates in the latter stages, since I cheated my save and poured in tons of items and bullets, on top of boosting MC's stats by about 20 and all the girls by 5 as they got added in. Interestingly enough, from my experimentation, boosting both defense stats doesn't seem to do much. Most of the time, if the MC got hit, it felt like he took as much as damage as any of the girls did, even though he had way more defense than they did. Not sure if that's intended or not, but it felt weird. It also makes me question how the heck you're supposed to beat that final fight considering how much damage the enemies do and the fact that flash-bangs and/or smoke grenades barely seem to work.

The success rate, even with 30 luck on the MC, seems to be pitiful. Yay for Evade spam, I guess...

The overall story felt... kind of meh? I dunno. It feels like the ending is very abrupt and rushed, and it doesn't really address the whole thing with the Necromancer apparently possessing the MC's body. I also have no way of understanding how the heck the bionic eye is supposed to stop possession from working, when it should be a wholly spiritual thing that tech shouldn't be able to interfere with. Basically, why doesn't the necromancer just boot MC's soul out of the body and takes it over? Plot armor tbh, because the given excuse makes literally no sense. Then again, I tend to favor magic over tech, so that might just be my biases showing. In the end, it's all just fictional crap that can work on whatever rules the dev wants.

It's also weird that the ending only features a scene with the military girls. Like. Supposedly. ALL of those girls are MC's harem, but for some reason, he only gets a dubious blowjob and foot licking scene with the military girls. Pretty lazy. Could have had a whole series of scenes tbh, where MC bangs all his harem one after another or something. I dunno. I've seen better harem scenes from tentacle games... but then again, harems aren't much of a thing for me either outside of reading trashy LNs with them. Unless there's something there to allow a dude to actually satisfy his harem, which this MC doesn't really have? So I dunno. It's weird. Again though, possibly just my biases showing.

Either way, for a game called "BDSM Apocalypse", it doesn't feel like there's much BDSM in it, at least not in the so called dom path. But hey, at least in this one, the girls at least get to cum. Apparently, femdoms don't need to cum as much as subs. Or something.

Weird all around.

All in all though, I can't really recommend this game for... anything really. It's gameplay is overall pretty bad and doesn't get any better. The story is not particularly great. The H content is so-so with barely there animations and it gets trickled out very slowly in very small amounts... The girls don't really get to show that much in terms of personality aside from the first three, and all the body types are extremely same-y to the point where the number of them doesn't really do much. The whole point of a large cast of girls is to have them all offer variety... but there's not much of that aside from the clothing they wear and the hair-colors. Hell, the military girls are way too similar with the initial trio on account of the fact that they're also intimate with each other, treat each other like family, yada yada. They even have a similar set-up with a cool leader, a hot-blooded enforcer, and a quiet supporting girl.

Also, why does the clown get the most individual H-scenes? That was a really weird choice as far as I'm concerned...

It feels like there's a lot of potential here, but it just fails to deliver.

onore

Feb 15, 2020
Some valid criticisms from above but honestly this wasnt bad at all. certain plot points couldve been fleshed out, and the ending couldve been less abrupt but where the characters end up does make sense. i found out about this game through slave x warlord but i found this to be more enjoyable (i prefer rpg more). Real talk now, Noxurtica is katya based on a2 and arteya based on 2b with glasses? lmao. speaking of, ive only completed the dom route, i seem to be missing scenes 2-4? for sonya and arteya and theres around 3 spaces in between bethany and mari

Daame

May 20, 2022
My guy, you are free to support the dev , which the people did on patreon at that time, and their opinions shaped the game that you are bashing rn.

While i agree that the game has a lot of missed potential, you also have to take into account the tight budget the dev had to work with, and he did deliver constant updates on time, unlike a lot of other devs who got the game in development for like four years with no updates for the game.

Criticisms are valid, but you are straight up bashing the dev for catering to his audience, which i think is just not fair.

mtran.hs

Nov 30, 2023
Well... I understand that the dev is limited with budget, but common sense is something you cannot miss, right?
For a H-game, it makes user go through way too much stuff. What's the point of making it so difficult and then every single user leaves the game? I mean we are not asking for anything fancy here, just some common senses...

Ayrus171

Mar 2, 2021
Man it would be nice if we could put the girls in chastity and have edge play in dom route as the do to us in sub routte a bit of leash petplay maybe.any way one of the top game i played.

bloogtar

Feb 23, 2023
Stuck on the rooftop with Malhari and a guard trying to beat me up. What am I even supposed to do?

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes