VN Ren'Py BBS2 [Development Thread]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

How do you feel about changing Bobby's looks?

• Looks good, go for it

Votes: 2,365 52.8%
  • I don't like that he's taller than the girls, but I'm ok with the new model

Votes: 463 10.3%
  • I don't really mind it - as long as the story & Bobby's character remains the same, I don't mind

Votes: 726 16.2%
  • I didn't really like it / I prefer the original - but it's fine

Votes: 300 6.7%
  • WTF?... change it back (while there's still time)

Votes: 626 14.0%

• Total voters

cj1234

Mar 13, 2022
anyone hit the end of this version? im not getting messages suggesting it but im not prgressing either

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
So. Decided to full-on remake it instead of continuing on the original? Let's hope that this one has a bit better mechanics. The stealth training was a joke in the first one. To be honest.

SophieAm

Jul 2, 2022
It's promising but it lacks of some essential practical tools especially on the Android version :
- cheat menu (most of us don't want to spend too much time on earning money and winning the girls heart etc)
- a permanent menu when playing so we can skip repetitive part and access hot scenes quicker
- an indicator of where the girls are (in which room) - we loose too much time looking for them
All these things makes the user experience a bit frustrating but it's still an encouraging first version

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
I'm about to start the official thread.
Say goodbye to this one.

We had a nice run.
But shit has got serious now. No more fun & games.
Just fun & game.
See you guys there.
Primeiro estranha-se, depois entranha-se... A ficar bom, em crescendo... Siga... É dar uns retoques nos bugs, uma melhoria nas dicas (loc miudas,...) e siga... Está a ficar bom, está a ficar bom.

# Oh man... It's getting good.

I was a bit disappointed at first. The old long dragging intro, bugs and issues ( crashes, wrong py jumps - stealth game, damaged renders, text glitches - bottom ). But worse than that, it felt off (comparing to RAInces version) and I felt a bit lost at the beginning.

But I'm starting to really enjoy it. The artwork is good, the interface is fine (missing girls loc thou), there's sexual tension build up, the girls kick back - playing with Bobby's lust, it's starting to be fun... I can really see this game taking off... Lucy just gave Bobby a hj. Beautiful... :LOL:

Last edited:

zefir72

Feb 2, 2018
Feels like this is a Good Bobby Saga, cause characters relations changed drastically. He used to be a extremely horny teenager that would do anything to get laid with anyone, get a job or even brake into someones house. And now he just turns away and imagine things that he could to do in some situations. I does feel like even Bobby doesn't know what the hell he is doing and he wants in every moment of this game.

Reactions: ann87ra

Deterocs

Nov 1, 2021
All my respects to the dev that actually delivered a game, but this game is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow. U feel like u need to go through piles of text before anything interesting happens. Also, the sandbox in this version makes little to no sense.

I couldn't even finish the game, it bored me too much. Even tho I have been expecting this game for almost a year now.

SophieAm

Jul 2, 2022
All my respects to the dev that actually delivered a game, but this game is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow. U feel like u need to go through piles of text before anything interesting happens. Also, the sandbox in this version makes little to no sense.

I couldn't even finish the game, it bored me too much. Even tho I have been expecting this game for almost a year now.
Agreed, that was my point too.
Give us much more flexibility and it might be one of the best games out there. (I insist on the cheat menu, most of us are playing p*rn games like we were making out, it can't last for hours)

Reactions: mikel8519

prophet-one

May 18, 2021
Here's my feedback:

Negative:

- It should be faster paced and more intuitive:

* the intro is way too long, the talks with each girl should be trimmed to what really matters and the part he's lost in his thoughts should be cut off.

* the location tabs should hint the girls' location

* there should be a hint button for all girls ( e.g. collecting found smoking hints and the sleep hints could be gone )

* there could be a cheat menu to override the grinding if we wanted to

* the cemetery scene is quite pointless ( only good to see Jenny )

- Plenty of code bugs and glitches

- Some broken renders to fix, others need some polishing/improvement:

* some weird Lucy's facial expressions

* some not so good Ann body traits/positions

* Some clothes should look better (Lucy's mainly - leggings, top,...)

* the pool location is off (it should be a lawn and a pool)

* The splash screen render could be better

- The music tracks are ok but could be better

Positive:

- The game has all the ingredients to become awesome:

* Great girls - they look really good and they mess around with Bobby (very hot),

* You've remade some of the hallmark events from the original and they look great - keep doing it

* The new events are quite good and some are really hot (living room with Lucy and Ann, sleeping pussies,...)

* You've brought the little things like the girls fooling around (Liza's bacon, Lucy's teasing,...) and mood swings ( girls sadness, Ann feeling hurt with your lack of attention,... ) - go deeper on that approach, increase the little games/subtleties and try making each girl personality/temper and behavior around Bobby unique.

* Great new locations - they have more depth than the original

* Sound effects are good

* You find yourself back to the BBS world with new adventures - great

* Clean interface

* You've put a lot of work in it and it's showing ( events differentiation - quick, gradual, sexual tension both ways, rich facial expressions, good script,... )

Overall: I like it, there's some room for improvement but most of it is quite good. More please. We can't wait another year...

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes