• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Enamikop

Jun 4, 2023

Happy New Week!

Last week was the anniversary of me releasing Artemis to the wild back in 2021. The amount of support and love from you guys has been amazing, and something I never had expected when putting my story out there. Now that Artemis, the character, has been brought to life in the story. I can't wait to take you on her journey as she tries to navigate the world she was dropped in.

One question that I see get asked every now and again is why are later chapters taking longer than when the game dropped its first update?

Simply put, the amount of content has evolved. In CH1, everything in the game I used only what was available in the DAZ stores. It made things easy but, at the same time, very difficult. Because I often had to change some of the scenes because what I needed (an environment, a prop, etc.) didn't exist in the DAZ store. Limitations of the DAZ software pushed me to work with other software to get what I needed done and then re-import it. Artemis herself has also been customized from her base model in CH1. When I found the model I wanted, I didn't like her model's neck, shoulder, and shin parts. But didn't know how to manipulate HD meshes in DAZ until CH2, when I spent time learning how to. Now, I've made many versions of the model as the android bits slowly evolve into her human form.

This is why I share technical details, so everyone can see the behind-the-scenes of what I do for Artemis to create set pieces, props, and even clothing. But I'm still making it my goal to reduce development time without compromising content. Chapter 5 was all about Artemis, naturally. Katy's content got pushed to this chapter, and so did Reina's. However, the other characters planned for CH6 still remain. So, on top of more story progression. We'll also have moments with more characters as well.

All that said, it was another technical week. And I'm having a lot of fun and getting better at creating outdoor environments much quicker. Here's one I made for a scene in this chapter. I need to adjust some minor details. For example, I made the rocks lying in the river wet, but the rocks resting on the water's edge still look dry. I will tweak this, but I love how it came out overall.
I also saw a number of you posting that you received your shirts, and it's awesome to see how much you guys pushed for this and got one. It was a fun side-project and if things go well, I plan on making the shirt that Artemis wears throughout Book 1 (black shirt with the DJ Kink visor stenciled on). But that won't get worked on until this chapter is out.

That wraps it up for this week.

Again, thank you all for your support. It's something I don't take for granted.

Stay safe and hydrated!
  • digi.B
    PS - 4K version of Artemis' render above is attached to this post.

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
Question, I've been unlocking wallpapers... Did I miss a tutorial or something on where these wallpapers are saved? I've looked at the archives but they're Dataleaks and Memories. Note, I'm currently in... The start of chapter 4.

Second Question:
When do you find out the third name for Veronica, V... Russian name. I was checking older posts here and apparently it shows up in the "What was her name again" but... I don't think I saw it mentioned in the previous chapters. I want to input the Vladimirovna password but I want to 'organically' learn it, instead of what i did and accidentally figured it out... The Price of playing with a PDF walkthrough and a mod... Ah well. But yeah, did she say her name and I just missed it or is it going to happen in one of the next few meetings with her.

Third question:
Might be related to Questions above. Did I miss anything for not 'restoring V's intro'? I assumed Digi had a reason for cutting 90% of it... I assumed some of the stuff there will instead come up on other parts of the story.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Question, I've been unlocking wallpapers... Did I miss a tutorial or something on where these wallpapers are saved? I've looked at the archives but they're Dataleaks and Memories. Note, I'm currently in... The start of chapter 4.

Second Question:
When do you find out the third name for Veronica, V... Russian name. I was checking older posts here and apparently it shows up in the "What was her name again" but... I don't think I saw it mentioned in the previous chapters. I want to input the Vladimirovna password but I want to 'organically' learn it, instead of what i did and accidentally figured it out... The Price of playing with a PDF walkthrough and a mod... Ah well. But yeah, did she say her name and I just missed it or is it going to happen in one of the next few meetings with her.

Third question:
Might be related to Questions above. Did I miss anything for not 'restoring V's intro'? I assumed Digi had a reason for cutting 90% of it... I assumed some of the stuff there will instead come up on other parts of the story.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
Yeah, okay how do I activate the phone?!

Christ the name Vladimirovna was in Chapter 1?! Now I have to check back...

Okay good, I don't need to worry about pressing that "restore V Intro" button then... No Fomo for me.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yeah, okay how do I activate the phone?!

Christ the name Vladimirovna was in Chapter 1?! Now I have to check back...

Okay good, I don't need to worry about pressing that "restore V Intro" button then... No Fomo for me.
Basically, the only reason to restore it is if you want to play from scratch and see it again.

Reactions: FritzLn

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Finally getting around to Chapter 5 - I take it the "SD Cards" are no longer a thing? Did a search, read change log, but didn't see anything about it.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Finally getting around to Chapter 5 - I take it the "SD Cards" are no longer a thing? Did a search, read change log, but didn't see anything about it.
Dunno ... never looked for that crap ... just used the mod to unlock the pics instead of wasting my time for looking. :ROFLMAO:

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
According to the Walkthrough, the SD cards are still a thing
DataLeak Zelda #4
DataLeak Kindra #6

Are the two on Chapter 5 that i saw, theres more probably but i'm not in Chapter 5 yet and i dont wanna spoil too much.

You can find the walkthrough on the first page, Walkthrough #3 is the one im using.

Reactions: ThorinKing

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I found one on the kitchen table next to Artemis and another next to Kindra's notebook, but I don't know how many there are in the whole chapter :unsure:.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I found one on the kitchen table next to Artemis and another next to Kindra's notebook, but I don't know how many there are in the whole chapter :unsure:.
Looks like seven new slots, but it also appears that about half of them aren't tied to "data cards", according to the walk through - that means something like the one in Chapter 4 where you have to repeat a greeting about a dozen times to get the one, or something like that, I'm guessing... When I started VNs, these things were kind of fun. Now, with some Dev's doing inconsistent things, it gets a little annoying. Stick to one kind of thing (the cards for example, or a pineapple), but multiple types of random triggers that either require knowledge of a certain inside joke, or similar, just gets on the nerves. Here to have fun with a good story and some fun scenes, not go on a snipe hunt.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Just getting in to Chapter 5. I'm presently...
EDIT:
Wasn't disappointed. :)
digi.B already stated that he's in the process of hiring a voice actress just for Artemis' cooing sound.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
So, when the mc was getting gunned down by his own mom:

View attachment 3489484

And "Ave Maria" was playing... Homage to Hitman?

Fuck that nerf bullet should have hit him in the face, might have knocked some of the ugly out of him! :p
Was deadly with a nerf gun - snap shots to the head two offices down by me while everyone else was shooting like a Storm Trooper ;)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Yes, I'm a degenerate pirate and my opinion does not count in the least. That said, I am getting a little annoyed with mini-games... The better versions of some scenes hide behind them and, while some are reasonably easy to deal with, word scrambles are just a step too far! :LOL:

The fruits were pretty easy, and most of the "electronics" weren't bad, but when your brain is fried from the rest of the day, a simple word like "earbuds" (which is either periphery or part of an audio monitoring system to me...) sometimes just won't gel. And the fact that you can't roll back on these is also annoying as fuck. Maybe if I were an Apple-fritter-away-my-money-on-unnecessary-and-over-expensive-tech guy, I might think of "earbuds". But why would someone making a VN for mostly PC players think we'd all have that pop right on into our heads?!

Only a semi-serious rant, but if a Dev insists on mini-games, they should be limited to things easily done with a mouse or pointer keys! The shooting was fun, and once I figured out what was going on with the sparring, not so bad. But effing word scrambles?!?!?!?! :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 370 Votes