Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
This should have released this year I dont even remember when, Uprisings "next update" should have been out by January of last year and instead got changed to "Released" and never talked about again, Roundscape should have ended like 3 years ago or so from what they said back then.

Here we are instead, with more updates for Roundscape because they can just get someone random to make some shitty inconsistent artwork and roll with it without having to make a new game.
This is a developer who did originally lie, as they once had Roundscape to be released free for everyone once completed then once they had got money, they changed that on their sites quietly without telling anyone.

One tip don't trust when a developer says they are going to do something as a lot just lie only trust results.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Wasn't this game supposed be released this year?
They just released another game, not a fan of it personally but there it is.

This is probably going to be next year now at the earliest.

This tech demo is a year old now and the hype seems to have hit it's peak then and now I barely see this mentioned anywhere.

This was the game I was waiting for going into November 2018 and there are times now I forget about completely. I only remembered it today because they launched their other game and saw this games title floating around.

Ixiah

Aug 17, 2016
So...what game are they working on right now ?
Roundscape last update was August.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
The game got moved to a 2020 release date, since can't really play a new build only major 2 grips I have from what I can see on their updated visuals" is the idle animations might be a bit fast and look meh, and they are using RPGM basic sound effects for damage.

Ixiah

Aug 17, 2016
Wait...so this game is is "being worked on", meanwhile they waste time on Below Sunshade which is a small filler Game and now they started working on Uprising ?
What the hell happend with this game here ?
Maybe if you didnt start 4 different Games you could finish them....

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So it's been 2 years and I'm wondering what the current progress on the game?
So is everyone else.

According to Patron they have hit trouble and are currently working on another game coming out next month.

Project Uprising
is our next big title since Roundscape which we'll create together with you. So unlike Below Sunshade or Arenus, the game won't be released in a finished state but instead we'll do regular updates and shape the game's content together.

Some of you wondered why we don't finish Arenus first, i'll be honest with you guys. We've run into heavy technical problems caused by the very limited RPG Maker engine we've used for our previous games and Arenus.

We've reached the ceiling of what is possible and are right now are taking a close look at Arenus and how we can make sure that it becomes the game it deserves to be. All our future titles will be produced with Unity.

Reactions: Raincloud802

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So thats another year or 2 for Arenus to be released.
I wouldn't be able to say at this stage.

I don't know how severe the issues are they ran into with Arenus but it looks like they are banking on this new game to be their next Roundscape with constant content updates.

As of now at least it looks like Arenus is on the back burner but I highly doubt it will go anywhere this year.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
in which of all the games you are "working on" are you really working :sneaky:
None of the devs come here but from their patron they work on Roundscape, Below Sunshade and Project Uprising.

Project Uprising is their next big game that will probably take over from Roundscape and will get constant updates.

They have run into problems with Arenus so at the moment it's on the back burner while they launch Project Uprising and try to figure out the problems.

Reactions: cocomiel1

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017

Feb 20 at 12:31am

Hey folks!

The last months, the last year were crazy. A journey of self-discovery, how to handle the pressure of creating something unique, to break even and to fullfill our promises.

But we're finally feeling comfortable pushing Arenus to it's release! This is also because we've got a talented Coder on board now who's helping us with technical issues.
Next month we'll be releasing the official demo for Arenus...
...and in June/July the final release!

After Arenus we'll very likely spend some time on Patches and hopefully additional content. And as soon we feel ready after releasing such a huge project we'll continue with Banished and Project Uprising.
We hope you folks agree to our new plan and that you are as excited as we are.

Stay tuned
- Kal

Also here's the first of three Wallpapers we'll release in the coming months, made by Menoziriath as all the great Arenus art!
(Right click -> Open in new tab)

3.20 star(s) 36 Votes